Sign in to follow this  
Say Yes to Heaven

Original Album Titles

I'm pretty sure he also said BAR was never the title of the song. You can't rely on what comes out of that mouth, really.  :headache:

Might be completely wrong, but I do recall someone saying that Born to Die was originally going to be name after a different track, I think it was Summertime Sadness? I may have remembered that incorrectly, though.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Nevada would've been a nice album name. I love names of places as titles for stuff like movies or songs or albums (Yosemite  :creep: )

Naming LFL as Best American Record would've taken so much audacity from Lana lol. The concept would've been nice and one of the themes would've been Lana in love with an artist right? (BAR, WM, GL, the last two make me think it's still a theme on LFL)

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

also unconfirmed, but i wonder if lost for life was considered for a title at one point or if it has some other meaning

considering how sad the album actually is, she probably meant to say lost instead of lust. she said the album was happy, but she also said it was for us. she could still be lost herself, but is faking happiness for us 

What about "Lost for Life"? I'm curious as to why on both tracklists she writes "Lost" but then crosses it out to "Lust"!

Thoughts?

giphy.gif

On 8/6/2017 at 7:22 AM, sparklrtrailrheaven said:

God Bless America was also an early title for AKA, as evidenced by an article in a Lake Placid paper. I'll find the link later :creep:

omg? @Surf Noir @lizzyologyhave u heard anything about it? im seeing it the very first time as an alternate title for AKA
@sparklrtrailrheavenwould u remember where u saw this?

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

10 hours ago, lanaismamom said:

omg? @Surf Noir @lizzyologyhave u heard anything about it? im seeing it the very first time as an alternate title for AKA

The AKA masters were completed in February 2008, and yet this tweet is from March 2009—so I think this may have actually been in reference to an (early) version of Born to Die. From a 2011 article, when asked about considered titles for her then-upcoming album, Lana stated:

I have four titles that are always in rotation in my mind
1. G.B.A (God Bless America)
2. Do U Luv Me Yet?
3. The Best of Lana Del Rey
4. The World is Ours

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

i don't believe i really hear of "god bless america" being an early/alt. title for AKA, only nevada, which, if i had to guess, was the title of the album when it was first completed in early 2008 and later changed when she changed her stage name to lana del ray/lana del rey

WGe8ynS.gif

God Bless America was an early BTD title, from what I thought. Lana's facebook has a photo of a letter written to her by someone unknown. Posted to her FB July 6, 2011

qlGFptO.jpg

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

13 minutes ago, American Whore said:

God Bless America was an early BTD title, from what I thought. Lana's facebook has a photo of a letter written to her by someone unknown. Posted to her FB July 6, 2011

qlGFptO.jpg

ome i've never seen this before, it almost seems like something she would write herself! very interesting... what's also interesting is that this letter is referring to the earlier iterations of the video games music videos which features video game footage ("war animations")

WGe8ynS.gif

6 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

ome i've never seen this before, it almost seems like something she would write herself! very interesting... what's also interesting is that this letter is referring to the earlier iterations of the video games music videos which features video game footage ("war animations")

I also find it interesting because it references her being in London, which is when we knew she was making BTD and Without You when they ask "So how long have you been on the 'dark side' of the American Dream?" Do we know when Without You was written? I didn't see a date on the Wikia. That could date this letter specifically to BTD (which I 98% believe they mean when they're talking about her debut album, since Video Games had been released by this point)

also it was posted by her with the caption "YTSF XXX" so idk who that is SF but it's just something else to note.

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

On 8/5/2017 at 11:29 PM, Say Yes to Heaven said:
  • G. B. A. (God Bless America)
  • The Best of Lana Del Rey
  • The Revenge of Lana Del Rey
  • The World is Ours
  • Do You Luv Me Yet?
  • Born 2 Die

Where did these come from

sorry if it’s already been answered