Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

What makes us so sure she's working with Jack though? like apart from their pictures together.. it doesn't always mean it's for her album. Maybe she's just experimenting with him to see which producers she needs for LDR6? Also idk if i've asked this before but do we really think that she'll release an LP THIS year? It doesn't feel like it's gonna happen. We know how long Lana takes with dragging out her album pre release cycle... and at this point we don't even have a lead single or if Lana has even thought about releasing one

Until we don't see pictures of her working with someone else, we have no  reason to think she is working with anyone else

You know she likes to stick with her ~dream team~

Imagine Lana working with Rob Cavallo (Green Day, My Chemical Romance, Eric Clapton) AND Emile Haynie. Like imagine how that would sound with those two combinations.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Imagine Lana working with Rob Cavallo (Green Day, My Chemical Romance, Eric Clapton) AND Emile Haynie. Like imagine how that would sound with those two combinations.

Rock music with big strings? Her whole discography will be shaking!

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I have a question for ya'll. If you could have LDR6 based off of the sound/lyricism of 3 songs, what would they be?

Heroin, The Blackest Day, Ultraviolence 

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

that would be great. a jazzy-beachy vibe w/ great lyrics. It sounds like something that would be great to listen at a night in the beach

Definitely

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

At this point I am so desperate for new music I will take anything  :defeated:

literally, lana can sing anything from any genre and it will still be lovely and unique

Is it possible that Happiness is a Butterfly will be a piano-song or maybe it will be something like 13 beaches\White Mustang with piano verses and then drums etc on chorus.  and also why I keep having a small feeling that it won't be on the final cut

if those trite lyrics are staying i sure af hope it's not!

I​ know I will need Wonder Woman's Shield to fend off the hatred that is about to pour forth-

but instead of a younger wannabe singer, and,

after hearing her on the Elton John tribute album which reminded me,

it would be high time for Lana and Gaga to have a real duet, on a slow number not a fast number.

plus this second thought-

although Jack Aranoff makes every single song he does sound like Fun's We are Young song,

remember something-

although Dan did produce Ultraviolence, does everyone remember what he said in interviews-

something like "I mean, IT IS STILL Lana"  (and Lana did have a co-producer credit on it after all)

Now, am I also gonna need a lasso?

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

I​ know I will need Wonder Woman's Shield to fend off the hatred that is about to pour forth-

it would be high time for Lana and Gaga to have a real duet, on a slow number not a fast number.

although Jack Aranoff makes every single song he does sound like Fun's We are Young song,

remember something-

although Dan did produce Ultraviolence, does everyone remember what he said in interviews-

something like "I mean, IT IS STILL Lana"  (and Lana did have a co-producer credit on it after all)

A Lana ana Gaga collab would be amazing for both of them, i'm not sure what it'd sound like or if it would be any good though. They're two very different artists with possibly different viewpoints? Idk

I kinda hope we get a new photographer for the next album. I love Neil's work and Chuck... can be unpredictable  (as in sometimes she has good shots and others... not so much lol), but I think it's about time to switch it up again.

I mean, back when Lana switched from Nicole to Neil, it felt fresh and well, it was really nice. Although, I'm sure it would be difficult to find another photographer that can capture Lana's essence as well as Nicole, Neil, and Chuck have.

Speaking of Nicole,  I wouldn't mind Lana bringing her back considering it's been around 5 years since they last worked together, it'd be a nice homage - although, I think that would have worked better for LFL considering it's connection with BTD.

Anyways,  I'm excited to see what Lana's putting together whether it be an EP or an LP and the sound she's going for.

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

if I connecting two and two together correctly, here's what i think the new album could sound like... BUT keep in mind that this is Lana, she has been known to have a change of heart when it comes to her albums, and i changes the direction completely... PLUS this is very early in the process or pre-release

Fact: Interscope expects her to release something this year.
Fact: in January, two sources said that a new album was coming, made of new songs and unreleased and unleaked material (this would explain why she can come up with a new LP: she can record a couple of new songs and be on tour in the same year, since she doesn't have to come up with everything).
Rumor: Life is Beautiful could have been included on LFL in the early stages of its development (the source i saw was on Instagram, and anonymous of course, but the other posts she made were pretty much accurate).
Fact: Yosemite was scrapped because it was too happy, and Lana was not in the peaceful happy state of mind she had intended to be when she finished LFL.
Fact: Happiness is a Butterfly sounds very much nature-y, very peaceful. 
Opinion: have you seen her recently on stage?!? Vibrant, energetic, happy...

So... I thing this new album will be the continuation of LFL. LFL was her quest for happiness, which is a messy and winding road... The new LP could be that place where she gets after all the drama of her past, her happy future. Something that sounds softer, more peaceful in its tone. Yosemite, RBFY and even LIB could all be on that same project (if Lana's team could buy back the rights to the latter song from Lionsgate). 

Maybe the collaboration with Jack Antonoff will be for something later in 2018 (like what she did with BORNS and Jonathan Wilson: the songs were not on LFL but ended up in the guys' albums). I am not thrilled by this collaboration, to be honest, but i trust her. Whatever she releases sounds like her. She is one of the few artists that can achieve that: she can do almost all genres. 

DID SHE SAID THAT????????? IM FUCKING SAD HOLY SHIT WE WOULD HAVE THE ALBUM OF THE DECADE  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :deadbanana:  :deadbanana:    :deadbanana:  :crossed:  :crossed:  :crossed:  :crossed:

:rip:  here lies LFL good concept  :rip:

but yeah at least we got lots of things and now we understand that she can do pretty much anything.. but dam fuck

She said since Heroin and 13 Beaches were one of the earliest tracks, she thought the record was going to sound just like that.

Like I said in another thread, I hope she hires Petra Collins for photography this era. It would be a nice change. I like Neil's work but I think his photography only really worked for UV (although he did a good job on Honeymoon too.)

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

remember something-

Even though UV wouldn't be the same without Dan, you guys give him like too much credit. He himself said her demos were already perfect and what he did was minimal. Lana said he added the fire the record needed. It's not like UV pre-Dan is a whole different album

(((((just like the non-existent "dark witchy folky" version of LFL)))))

If the next album is the continuation to Lust for Life (more collaborations, rapping and cringy lyrics about world peace that would fit better Mother Teresa), I quit.  :defeated: :scream: :suicide:

well hopefully she ditches all that and just sings about happiness in a more... elegant way (excluding get free, love and change because they're gorgeous)

If the next album is the continuation to Lust for Life (more collaborations, rapping and cringy lyrics about world peace that would fit better Mother Teresa), I quit.  :defeated: :scream: :suicide:

Surely she will not be stupid enough to put rappers on her album once more