Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

lol in fairness my fave unreleased songs are usually the least whimsical but beyond that, to me it's like... for one, there's a reason why those songs are unreleased, much as i love them. most of them were written a decade or more ago, and a lot of the repetition & tackiness is explained/justified by the fact that she's a prolific writer but not everything was meant to be heard by the general public. i mean, a lot of them give us a glimpse into her writing process rather than being finished products, and we hear her experimenting with melodies, imagery, themes, etc. but above all, i expect evolution and improvement from a musician, not staying stuck in the past endlessly recycling lyrics/themes that she'd write about when she was 22. i know a lot of people want her to go back to Lizzy & even BTD era, and that's fine, but i just don't.

idc what she writes song about, lyrics are such an irrelevant aspect when the song just feels right and is abled to set a great mood, has a delivery that goes hand in gand with soundscape. she can repeat the same word 4 times if its done in a good way, she can sing 4 different variants of a chorus if its done in a good way. this is what bugs me about some of the newer songs, change for example is none of those things :oprah3:

i76mrxw.png 

how fast do u want them to act on unpredictable shit like this..

well considering these songs have been popping up since last week and that fans have informed them about it...I would have expected them to act fast

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Not you saying butterlies are TACKY while stanning LIZZY UNRELEASED SONGS with all her TACKY lyrics and IMAGERY

Who raised you?

UMM IT LOOKS RIDICULOUS IF LANA USES TACKY IMAGERY UNLESS SHE FULLY COMMITS TO IT LIKE LIZZY GRANT, OTHERWISE IT LOOKS UNINTENTIONALLY TACKY AND SAD 

giphy.gif  

TBH, I don't think most of her unreleased songs are that sad but here are some masterpieces, imo:

Hollywood's Dead (about artists she likes having died too early).

Fordham Road (not really sad, because it's actually an anti-suicide-by-bad-judgment song; however, the fact that she covered Chelsea Hotel #2 (Leonard Cohen), while not releasing Fordham Road does make me sad).

Last Girl on Earth (surrealistically/hyperbolically sad).

Disco (philosophically sad -- imo, theistic-pessimistic outlook combined with the absence of meaningful love relations).

The Ocean (also philosophically sad -- demo of kill kill).

Hawaiian Tropic (tragic sad)

Queen of Disaster (funny sad)

TV in Black and White (metaphoric sad)

Making Out, non-autotuned version (nymphomaniacally/hedonistically sad)

and a lot of May Jailer songs are episodically sad (e.g., bad disease/try tonight/out with a bang/pride/for k).

Like Wayamaya (though not necessarily similar, but as you say "exotic and laid down"):

On Our Way (probably the closest to W, imo)

Maha Maha (Disney-princess song envisioned by LDR and Princess Superstar)

Strange Love (first demo version, which reminds me somewhat of Artpop, the song, by Lady Gaga)

Put Your Lips Together (reminded me of a horny Bjork. Good luck finding it {:^(  ).

Trash:  Live >>>>>>> studio (despite the fact studio is better sung, technically.  Both on youtube!)

Anal Appendix: Riverside originates with Barrie-James O'neill  and Some Things Last a Long Time with Daniel Johnston.

Thank you sooo much!! I’m currently listening to Hawaiian Tropic and I love it

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun

I somewhat agree, but it's all in good humor. And most of us who use the terms are gay anyway so it doesn't matter

Ok. I am very sensitive on the homophobia thing, even if it is a gay using it for another gay. But I will keep in mind that is in good humor and won't see too much into this. 

where tf are her managers????

The leakers aren't stupid : to leak something on the weekend has more chances of having the song a little longer up there. Her managers might not be as quick to react or learn the news. Plus I guess IiTunes and Spotify might not have as many big shots around to do something about a complain. 

uhm

what did i miss

uhm

what did i miss

That she's not coming and that's the #Fact x

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup: