Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

MTWBT is her most stale video. its more worse than the UV video

What is "more worse"?

THANK YOU. the other day i said the same, i can feel it in my heart that this will be the album that wins a grammy. i feel like it's going to be super personal.

Who cares about a grammy? we all know only thrash radio singers get those "awards"

But yeah, Ldr6 will be her best work, Lana even said that, "the best is yet to come"

giphy.gif

I know some of ya'll don't want covers for LDR6 but I really hope Lana covers this one. Her voice would sound so beautiful and soft. :hair:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

tbh she's kinda old and mature now, i think she should drop the Lana Del Rey brand and become Elizabeth Woolridge, it sounds older and more mature! 

She could also ask the Queens stylist for some dope suits when she goes on tour again!

Elizabeth Woolridge sounds like an Old Hollywood actress

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

Um it's not just about the eyes, it's also a about the ears. The video should complement the song rather than try to supplement it. The video just doesn't "fit" the song. Same with 'Freak'.

How does the video for Freak not match the song...It literally says ''come to california be a freak like me too'' while drugging her partner in the californian dessert, ''sun reflecting in your eyes'', ''palms reflecting in your eyes, like an endless summer'' while, again, they're in some californian dessert under really hot weather. ''We can slow dance to rock music'' as Lana plays a vinyl in that house, they also slow dance at the end of the video in that fog. Unlike the WM video, in the freak video it doesn't feel weird at all that she's not singing along. 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

I hate how Freak and White Mustang are cut in such a super anticlimatic way. If something is "happening" in the music, something should happen in the video aswell. Not nessecarily dancing or lip-sincing, but if there is a chorus, there should be a special scene, or a change in the way the pictures are cut etc.

The way thosevideos just go on and on without any "relation" between the pictures and the music is just so meh. Even if they were meant for a different song (BAR, UV), the editor should have put much more effort into the cutting.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I hate how Freak and White Mustang are cut in such a super anticlimatic way. If something is "happening" in the music, something should happen in the video aswell. Not nessecarily dancing or lip-sincing, but if there is a chorus, there should be a special scene, or a change in the way the pictures are cut etc.

The way thosevideos just go on and on without any "relation" between the pictures and the music is just so meh. Even if they were meant for a different song (BAR, UV), the editor should have put much more effort into the cutting.

I'm 100% sure there are much better scenes we haven't seen either because Lana was singing to the song, because they wouldn't fit the theme for the new song or because the label didn't want us to see (in the case of UV/Freak)

they definitely had to cut a lot of scenes just because of the /different song/ issue. The music videos we've got are basically back drop versions of the original products. 

Imagine if they made music videos for cherry and get free using scenes from love and lfl.

i76mrxw.png 

hi everyone! what do we think the timeline for this album's release and singles and stuff is gonna be?

Honestly I think we have no idea. I remember in the ldr5 pre pre release era we'd all try and predict the timeline for lust for life but fail miserably, but to be fair that era was kind of unpredictable because of the number of times lana changed things up in the making. We could try making accurate guesses but there's still no way for us knowing for sure without having Lana's or her team's word. At this point the best guess would be is that Lana is going at her own pace, creating a project that she'll release when she feels like, last updates we got were when chuck posted a snippet of her talking to someone in a studio with lana's new music playng in the back on insta stories and when lana posted herself with antonoff in the studio, all of which were before May I believe 

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

Well I remember a screenshot leaked of a cut scene where it appears she's doing whitchcraft in the pic. Also, tbh I hope Lana goes either pop with a blend of different genres (Off To The Races, Cherry, Resistance, Be My Daddy, & St. Tropez) or that she goes more acoustic & folky (Bad Disease, Peace, Your Band Is All The Rage, Disco, Tomorrow Never Came, Yayo). If she doesn't do either I'd want music like Pin Up Galore, Trash Magic, The Man I Love, Come When You Call Me A.M.E.R.I.C.A., Lift Your Eyes, & Catch & Release. I'd love to hear a dark & brooding Jazz sound with trumpets, saxophones, a synth, the harpsichord, & maybe a piano or drum! Either way would please me TBH.

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif

I swear being a Lana stan is like waiting for a guy to text you back, which makes you depressed, but when he does text back you are so happy. 

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

I swear being a Lana stan is like waiting for a guy to text you back, which makes you depressed, but when he does text back you are so happy.

Charli texts back now and it feels great while I wait for Lana

god fucking damnit lana do something

khwFHMs.gif

I want a depressive album that makes me want to slash my wrists.  :cumming:  :cumming2:  :bodyisready:

Agreed, this would complete me as a person :smokes4:

I think we'll get a dark synth, beat based album mixed with ballads like happiness is a butterfly,change and get free with a butterfly theme.

It seems like the natural progression with her increased use of synths on the last album and her wanting to change which could be shown through a butterfly.