Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

I had a playlist on shuffle, and “In My Feelings” played first and then came “Money, Power, and Glory.” The difference was astonishing. She really had something going with Ultraviolence. LFL doesn’t really touch it. She has ACTUAL talent, and she’s awesome when she uses it.

IMO, LFL might be her only album whose songs are difficult to listen to without the one before and the one after. Or if you break down the album, you have to do so by listening to trios of songs, like Heroin-Change-Get Free. All her other albums are super cohesive, but you can listen to Pretty When You Cry on its own, for example. LFL kinda lacked that.

Anyways, to me, her most cohesive album is HM, closely followed by UV. LFL does tell a messier story, one where she is looking everywhere. I love that album, even if it didn’t have that « vintage magic » (with UV and HM, it felt as if I had found two old vinyls in a flea market, by a forgotten bluesy singer from another age).

Y'all better be grateful she released LFL they way it is, cuz people remembered Lana is alive again.

Could also be that the promotion for LFL was much bigger than for UV and HM (or maybe I'm wrong here?). Collabs with others artists as ASAP and The Weeknd gave her more exposure to other fans, all the photoshoots and interviews for magazines, radio interviews (which she also did for the other albums too when I think about it...), Hollyweird postcards, a world tour and stand alone shows before that... I wasn't here on LB when UV and HM were released, so I might not remember everything because I was just a fangirl on Twitter, but I don't remember Lana getting all this exposure during the other eras?

LFL is a good album, not my favorite, but maybe the promotions helped her to "be seen" again? Just my thought. :)

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Could also be that the promotion for LFL was much bigger than for UV and HM (or maybe I'm wrong here?). Collabs with others artists as ASAP and The Weeknd gave her more exposure to other fans, all the photoshoots and interviews for magazines, radio interviews (which she also did for the other albums too when I think about it...), Hollyweird postcards, a world tour and stand alone shows before that... I wasn't here on LB when UV and HM were released, so I might not remember everything because I was just a fangirl on Twitter, but I don't remember Lana getting all this exposure during the other eras?

LFL is a good album, not my favorite, but maybe the promotions helped her to "be seen" again? Just my thought. :)

Yeah, I agree with everything you said. It's not my favorite, either, but the fact that this album got nominated for Grammys is truly something else. No promo can get you to be nom for Grammy IMO, which means it's a good album. Again, not her best, but definitely not her worst (the worst one is yet to come, which I doubt it'll happen.). :)

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

I just think LFL was confused... She should've split it into 2 projects?

Best American Record EP (2016 - Classic LDR sound bridging the gap between HM and LFL - I also know that some of these song didn't exist at the time but)

01. 13 Beaches

02. Cherry

03. Best American Record

04. White Mustang

LFL (2017 - this tracklist flows better imo, kinda has a 60s festival / free spirit vibe)

01. Love

02. Lust For Life

03. Groupie Love

04. Coachella - Woodstock In My Mind

05. When The World Was At War We Kept Dancing

06. Heroin

07. God Bless America

08. Beautiful People, Beautiful Problems

09. Tomorrow Never Came

10. Change

11. Yosemite (maybe?)

12. Get Free

I just think LFL was confused... She should've split it into 2 projects?

Best American Record EP (2016 - Classic LDR sound bridging the gap between HM and LFL - I also know that some of these song didn't exist at the time but)

01. 13 Beaches

02. Cherry

03. Best American Record

04. White Mustang

LFL (2017 - this tracklist flows better imo, kinda has a 60s festival / free spirit vibe)

01. Love

02. Lust For Life

03. Groupie Love

04. Coachella - Woodstock In My Mind

05. When The World Was At War We Kept Dancing

06. Heroin

07. God Bless America

08. Beautiful People, Beautiful Problems

09. Tomorrow Never Came

10. Change

11. Yosemite (maybe?)

12. Get Free

Interesting! Yosemite should have been with the BAR ep. pretty much all of the love songs would have fitted there.

I am curious about LDR6, for the sound of it and track listing. As time goes by and as chances of having Yosemite on LDR6 could go slimmer by the day (Lana tires easily of anything she does as months go by), i think an EP between LFL and LDR6, including BAR, Yosemite and a couple of outtakes from LFL, could have been a good idea, a good way to « extend » the LFL era while still offering something new to the fans.

No promo can get you to be nom for Grammy IMO, which means it's a good album. 

I don't think having a grammy nom means an album is good, because look at the album that won that category, they chose the album that sold the most and it feels like that's what they've been doing lately, the award show feels like a popularity contest for music

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

I didn't want to say anything, bc why, and also bc of my prev satirical post  :oopna: , but can we please stop shitting on the album Like alright it's subjective a matter of opinion let's start there, but the album was still pretty solid. Sure she changed the mechanics behind how the album focused in on things, but it's beautiful. The opening on Love, it's message. The title track, with the piano in the background building momentum, like navigating towards life, the senitmentality of 13 Beaches. Cherry with it's heightened sensuality, White Mustang's penchant for nostalglia. Summer Bummer, a classy hoe's backtrack, how hypnotizing Groupie Love is, IMF lyricism, Coachella's concern and selflessness, GBA's motivating tendencies, the fun f.o approach to problems, how globalist BP is, an ode TNC is, and how earth shattering the last three tracks are. 

Sure it lacks a kind of cohesiveness to what we've gotten accustomed to, but it's still such a solid work. If you're looking for a problem, u'll find one, but still. It's not difficult to appreciate the anthology that is LFL.

I do have to agree tho, I don't think a grammy can just encapsulate what an album/music can mean. It'll probably boost what an artist can charge, but that never means quality is exclusive with it. 

. . .So on another note which side of the coin are we playing wait with today? 

UV/Honeymoon

I don't think having a grammy nom means an album is good, because look at the album that won that category, they chose the album that sold the most and it feels like that's what they've been doing lately, the award show feels like a popularity contest for music

You could be right.

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

Fans don't appreciate true art even when it's in front of them screaming :creep:.

HoneymoonUOAlternate.jpg

No lies detected. The album finally clicked in my head a few months back and now I regret talking shit about HM tbh.

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371