Elle

Venice Bitch

Do you think Freak and Venice Bitch are connected?...

Freak "That's the way I feel for you"

VB "Life's dream I'm sweet for you"

Freak "That's the way I feel for you, If time stood still, I'd take this moment, Make it last forever"

VB "Fear fun, fear love, Fresh out of fucks, forever, Tryin' to be stronger for you"

Freak "Leather black and eyes of blue"

VB "I dream in jeans and leather"

Freak "Oooh, you're cold as ice, baby"

VB "Ice cream, ice queen"

Freak "Flames so hot that they turn blue"

VB "You're in the yard, I light the fire"

Freak "Palms reflecting in your eyes, like an endless summer"

VB "And as the summer fades away"

Freak "Kiss while we do it"

VB "Oh god, miss you on my lips"

Freak "Talk 'til we both turn blue"

VB "Paint me happy in blue"

Freak "Baby, if you wanna leave, Come to California"

VB "It's me, your little Venice bitch, On the stoop with the neighborhood kids, Callin' out, bang bang, kiss kiss" "You should probably come over"

Feak "Be a freak like me, too, Screw your anonymity, Loving me is all you need to feel, Like I do"

VB "You write, I tour, we make it work, You're beautiful and I'm insane, We're American-made"

Freak "We could slow dance to rock music"

VB" My baby, Crimson and Clover" (A kind of slow dance rock song which plays out the rest of the song)

:flutter: I think to much about the meaning of her songs  :$ 

Both songs have a pretty similar theme though of her telling a guy to come to California/back to his "Venice Bitch", she still loves him and in Freak she was saying ieven though he is cold and blue he's nice when he's good and she didn't want him to leave and now she's saying she's stronger for him and they are older now so it'll work.

Do you think Freak and Venice Bitch are connected?...

Freak "That's the way I feel for you"

VB "Life's dream I'm sweet for you"

Freak "That's the way I feel for you, If time stood still, I'd take this moment, Make it last forever"

VB "Fear fun, fear love, Fresh out of fucks, forever, Tryin' to be stronger for you"

Freak "Leather black and eyes of blue"

VB "I dream in jeans and leather"

Freak "Oooh, you're cold as ice, baby"

VB "Ice cream, ice queen"

Freak "Flames so hot that they turn blue"

VB "You're in the yard, I light the fire"

Freak "Palms reflecting in your eyes, like an endless summer"

VB "And as the summer fades away"

Freak "Kiss while we do it"

VB "Oh god, miss you on my lips"

Freak "Talk 'til we both turn blue"

VB "Paint me happy in blue"

Freak "Baby, if you wanna leave, Come to California"

VB "It's me, your little Venice bitch, On the stoop with the neighborhood kids, Callin' out, bang bang, kiss kiss" "You should probably come over"

Feak "Be a freak like me, too, Screw your anonymity, Loving me is all you need to feel, Like I do"

VB "You write, I tour, we make it work, You're beautiful and I'm insane, We're American-made"

Freak "We could slow dance to rock music"

VB" My baby, Crimson and Clover" (A kind of slow dance rock song which plays out the rest of the song)

:flutter: I think to much about the meaning of her songs  :$

knowing Lana — probably. Most of her songs gravitate towards the same experiences or people. Some of the lyrics you used as examples look as if they could be connected somehow. But perhaps they're coincidences or recurrent situations she might like?

I think Lana knows Diamonds are Marina’s fans and they share fans so the diamond line could’ve been her mentioning the fans. This theory isn’t one I think is true, she’s always singing about diamonds and nice things but since they’ve been hanging out recently, it dawned on me. “Me, myself, I like diamonds, my baby crimson and clover”. It’s just such an interesting lyric I can’t get that part out of my head. I really do think crimson and clover was also a double meaning though, aligning with that song from the 60s but also for wine or red rum punch (BPBP demo) and weed, clovers. I know a lot of people smoke clove cigarettes so this wouldn’t be too wild of a thought either, since she says “Out in the garden, we’re getting high now”

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I don’t remember who pointed it out but now I can’t unhear that little squeeze me after the I do, I do part lol. She’s so crazy!

This whole song is so fucking good.

Currently being slayed by Lana once the 6 minute mark rolls by and she comes in with those belts in the background.

I think it's

Oh god, want you on my lips (I do, I do!)

It's me, your little Venice Bitch (It's me, it's me...)

On the stoop with the nieghborhood kids

Soundin' off, bang bang, kiss kiss

This could possibly be a reverb/echo of her just saying "it's me" once.

And then I hear:

(Heard?) Your baby's back in town now

You should come-a come over

We'll be hangin' around now

Oh god, I love him on my lips...

But genius says otherwise, so I guess I'm wrong...

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I think it's

I'm listening to Venice on repeat right now. I'll pay extra close attention when that comes up and try not to get lost in the sound lol. I like this better than squeeze me! So thank you. It makes much better sense.

I think it's

And then I hear:

(Heard?) Your baby's back in town now

We'll be hangin' around now

Oh god, I love him on my lips...

But genius says otherwise, so I guess I'm wrong...

It is "it's me" lol and she sounds so full on 90's alternative grunge rock style ala Hole. Living for that tone in her voice. Hopefully there is more of it on other tracks from the album.

God I can't stop listening to Venice Bitch...I started listening to other music in order to not overplay it, but every time it's there in my YT recommended list and I just can't help but click on it, I'm so in love with this song 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

God I can't stop listening to Venice Bitch...I started listening to other music in order to not overplay it, but every time it's there in my YT recommended list and I just can't help but click on it, I'm so in love with this song

Bitch me too the fuck.gif

For real tho ,the instrumental bores doesnt bore me I love every minute of it..white mustang is less than 3 minutes and much more boring

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

White Mustank is one of her most uninspired, lazy and forgettable songs. It has nothing on Venice Bitch  :crossed:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.