Elle

LDR7 / White Hot Forever - Pre-Pre-Release Thread - OUT SEPTEMBER 5TH, 2020

so nervous for Lana to wear that headdress again...  it wasn't a good look the first time around.  i think bringing attention and money to indigenous people is good, but i am so worried about how Lana plans to do that.  hoping she proves me wrong.

So ... an album entitled "White Hot Forever" (or, if re-named, will presumably at least have a song called that) is based upon ... her Scottish family lineage and Native American lineage?

I think I want to die.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

So ... an album entitled "White Hot Forever" (or, if re-named, will presumably at least have a song called that) is based upon ... her Scottish family lineage and Native American lineage?

I think I want to die.

Native American lineage... And an album titled "White Hot Forever"??? Doesn't seem appropriate...

Damn it! I have to stop listening to the things she says... She makes me confused! lol

giphy.gif

So would the spoken word poetry album technically be WHF or do you guys think they’re separate endeavours? Anyway, a poetry album is totally one of the concepts I was interested in seeing and I’m excited for it. I wonder if she’s releasing physical copies. She made it unclear whether it would be digital only or just a limited time release. If this is technically in the wrong thread, sorry.

If I got everything right, she's putting out "Violets bend backwards over the grass" as a spoken album/audio book first because she's not done with the physical copies yet. So LDR7 will be a totally different project

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Wouldn’t it be cool if Lana made this album like a pair with the poetry book? She could alternate on the album between actual songs and tracks of her reciting poetry over instrumentation. Idk I was just thinking about how cool a concept that would be. Kinda like Burnt Norton on HM but her own poetry and maybe over like pianos or acoustic guitar and have at least one on every side or even one between every song. Kinda similar to Joan Baez’s Baptism, but like self-written of course. I know that’s likely not what this album will be, but we do know nothing, so anything is possible.

Thanks Lana :)

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

The hype is off the charts already, which is not surprising considering this is going to be the best album of all time.

3eT4AbO.png

this article was published two days ago and it's already aged like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y14Kp1DitpE 

CAUSE BACK IN SCHOOL

WE ARE THE LEADERS OF IT ALL

I can't wait for the visuals for this album by the incredible Chuck :flutter: : Lana sitting on the toilet for 30 minutes, smiling in her sunglasses with a Snapchat-filter-esque-added white hot suns in them, her dancers in white dancing around looking at the iPhone camera with their sexy stares and with a dramatic CGI explosion of the toilet at the end instead of flushing

For the next album Lana will upload a bunch of footage of herself in front of a green screen and say "this is THE diy era faggots make your own music videos!" and vanish for another year  :toofunny:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

For the next album Lana will upload a bunch of footage of herself in front of a green screen and say "this is THE diy era faggots make your own music videos!" and vanish for another year  :toofunny:

Actually there will be just a video, no music on it, and she will say too "Make your own album!". Then she will become the most critically acclaimed artist of all times and will be rewarded with all the existent awards on earth. The culture is lit!

all i want is a honeymoon-esque sound with a honeymoon type rollout like that’s all i want

Same <3 

578c68b668f2f515fc750b6860a1213b--torch- Ever since my baby went away... its been the blackest day..... its been the blackest day

The culture is lit and i had a ball is probably one of her most annoying lines ever

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I want Lana to get experimental again!! I feel with Jack it’ll be the only time she’ll truly experiment again!!

Like imagine Jack just putting that HTD intro out of pure fuckery and she agreed can he deliver again? Please

I want a trip hop record from her can he deliver????

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

The hype is off the charts already, which is not surprising considering this is going to be the best album of all time.

3eT4AbO.png

https://www.stereogum.com/2067828/most-anticipated-albums-2020/franchises/2019-in-review/

4DBc.gif

Do they mean 2021?? :hooker:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Jfc is there an app to block gifs of Jack Antonoff?

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

Like imagine Jack just putting that HTD intro out of pure fuckery and she agreed can he deliver again? Please

I want a trip hop record from her can he deliver????

The intro is nice and original, no doubt, but I think it's more done as a continuation to Cinnamon Girl outro than as a random choice.