partymonster

LDR Album Process Discussion

Just now, IanadeIrey said:

I actually think it is…didn’t @fl0r1dakil0s confirm that it was from the sessions for the album but didn’t actually end up on the record? 

not us already getting ocean blvd outtakes 😭

and also for giving me Margaret

57 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i don't think he had much to do with that song, it leaked from a random melanie martinez discord server

in before melanie martinez made the dragon slayer - stem edit (melanie’s version) 

1 minute ago, The Dragonslayer said:

wait so is that flipside demo eclipse mentioned fake cause i remember someone dmed the producer and he said the leaked snippet was fake:defeated:

it sounds real to me but who knows

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

2 minutes ago, Stormriver said:

Just to clarify on the inclusion of the two Warren versions - my understanding is that they were legitimately created by one of the musicians working on the track. While they were created under false pretences, they are genuine (in the sense of "not fanmade") versions of the track. Please correct me if I'm wrong! That being said, where fanmade creations are particularly notable, for example where they precede the official version and are rightly or wrongly treated as official by the fandom, they will usually get at least a cursory mention for clarity for people who may have those versions in their collection. 

This debatable, it's whatever perspective you want to take on this. Patrick Warren is someone who gets commissioned by Rick to record - let's say Keys and Strings that gonna sound like this and that. Patrick records them and puts them in a form of stems, then sends back to Rick who is doing with those parts whatever he wants without Patrick's further involvement. Patrick producing these demos is nearly an equivalent of you right now DMing random producer who advertises themselves online, sending them acapella/unfinished demo and paying them for laying new production however they imagine.

The redeeming part of this is that Patrick seemingly had partial stems of the real Rick Nowels produced track so these pieces of sounds are real. I won't dwell into that further, take that as you want. For now these are the only leaked versions anyway so it's not like there is any other option than appreciating them as they are.

But yes, what Patrick himself created that can be acceptable is this:

This however is just straight up fake made by some Lana fan based on what leaked/was shared:

it's a bit unpuzzling to see so many things get debunked... i can't remember who told us dark city was from the uv sessions, but that's erroneous too, it's hard to know what's true anymore. but at the end of the day, what matters is not the information, it is the music we got and get to hear, and we did get three excellent leaks 10 days ago, and warren's mixes are still really good and i'm actually satisfied with them. rough though they are, they are also subtle and graceful, and i love elements like the bagpipes or the synths even though they might not have been there on the actual mix :justride:

2 minutes ago, Future Jazz said:

it's a bit unpuzzling to see so many things get debunked... i can't remember who told us dark city was from the uv sessions, but that's erroneous too, it's hard to know what's true anymore. but at the end of the day, what matters is not the information, it is the music we got and get to hear, and we did get three excellent leaks 10 days ago, and warren's mixes are still really good and i'm actually satisfied with them. rough though they are, they are also subtle and graceful, and i love elements like the bagpipes or the synths even though they might not have been there on the actual mix :justride:

and specially the GP seems to love the Warren mix of syth over the other ones so…

and also for giving me Margaret

1 minute ago, The Love Witch said:

Oh and are there possibly more studio versions from her other tours? 👀

@BlackoutZone

theres most definitely studio quality versions of basically all live performances she's done (Including some aka ones) but me personally idk about the studio acapella versions, my theory is the paradise tour studio versions might've been meant for a 10th anniversary thing that somehow got into the hands of fans

"whens it gonna be my turn, dont forget me"

Just now, Beautiful Loser said:

Has anyone asked about Ave Maria? I'm 100% convinced a version with Lana's singing exists somewhere out there, that track is too beautiful and haunting for her to not sing on it! :poordat:

There is a version of her singing and there is a snippet of it

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・