partymonster

LDR Album Process Discussion

5 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

HAMVpSO.png

5 hours ago, IanadeIrey said:

I didn’t even notice that until you pointed it out! I agree that it could say “Tropico” OR perhaps “Trans-Am” given the other visible piece of paper that says “LANA DEL REY TRANS-AM”. But Tropico seems more likely since we know it was the original LDR3 concept. Here’s my take on what I can barely discern -

1. Old Money I see also

2. B... (I see a B but I don't think it looks like Black Beauty)

3. I also see Loved a Lot

4. I see Lake Placid but the end of it looks like a Y so idk.

5. 100% Summertime

6. I can see an E at the start

7. 100% Jesus probably I Talk to Jesus

8. Has to be Elvis

9. E something

10.?

11.?

12. I see Feels Raw but I can kinda make out Feels Really

13. Ye and maybe a G & R but I can't fully decipher it out

UtrMWJM.jpg

~Mon amour,  je sais que tu m'aimes aussi ~

1 hour ago, Jaeden xx said:

1. Old Money I see also

2. B... (I see a B but I don't think it looks like Black Beauty)

3. I also see Loved a Lot

4. I see Lake Placid but the end of it looks like a Y so idk.

5. 100% Summertime

6. I can see an E at the start

7. 100% Jesus probably I Talk to Jesus

8. Has to be Elvis

9. E something

10.?

11.?

12. I see Feels Raw but I can kinda make out Feels Really

13. Ye and maybe a G & R but I can't fully decipher it out

01. Old Money

02. Black Beauty

04. Lake Placid

05. Summer Wine (?)

07. I Talk To Jesus

08. Elvis

09. Easy Rider (Guns & Roses demo?)

10 hours ago, bored said:

I think Lana always envisioned Ultraviolence as just the 11 track album? From what I remember wasn't she really against the deluxe edition, hence why it was the last album of hers to get bonus tracks.

Black Beauty was clearly popular with the record label and Lana had maybe moved on from that song (especially cos it had leaked) but the label liked it. 

Florida Kilos maybe was still intended to feature in a movie at the time of release and perhaps the label wanted to cash in by including it? But also I remember reading somewhere that it was one of her dad's favourite songs she'd recorded at the time.

Part of me feels like she didn't have much say in the bonus tracks? As I'm sure she would have put songs like Living Legend etc on there since she clearly still values those tracks...

The deluxe tracks definitely are part of the album to me no matter her beliefs-they do fit perfectly and make it less one note.

Just now, evalionisameme said:

The deluxe tracks definitely are part of the album to me no matter her beliefs-they do fit perfectly and make it less one note.

I agree, I also include Flipside and Is This Happiness 

53 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

Woah thats amazing. Knowing LIB was not made only for the movie to begin with (if we knew that already Id forgotten) and Wild One might have also been known to them as Mike :defeated:

15 hours ago, lilac heaven said:

my prediction for a possible recording timeline

Early 2013

• Money Power Glory (Greg Kurstin talked about how this song was recorded “very early on” in the album process, and the version on the album is untouched from that first day)

January 2013

• Black Beauty demo

April-May 2013

• Cherry Blossom

• Nectar of the Gods

• Living Legend

• West Coast demo/radio mix

June 2013

• Unidentified Flying Bill (confirmed to be recorded June 2013 by NightBird Studios)

• Flipside (confirmed to be recorded June 2013 by NightBird Studios)

Fall 2013

• Nowels version of Shades of Cool

• Nowels version of Sad Girl

• Nowels version of Brooklyn Baby

• I Can Fly demo

• Is This Happiness

• Old Money

• Fucked My Way Up to the Top demo

• Ultraviolence demo

• Fine China demo

• Yes to Heaven demo

December 2013-January 2014

• Pretty When You Cry

• Guns and Roses

- Cruel World written during PWYC/G&R session

January-February 2014

• Cruel World final

• Ultraviolence final

• Shades of Cool final

• Brooklyn Baby final

• West Coast final

• Sad Girl final (instrumental re-recorded only, vocal track is the same as the Nowels demo)

• Florida Kilos

• Fucked My Way Up to the Top final

• The Other Woman

• Black Beauty final (vocals not re-recorded, Paul Epworth production just added to the song considering vocal track is the same as demo)

• I Talk to Jesus Auerbach version

• Fine China Auerbach version

• Money Power Glory Auerbach “demo”

• Yes to Heaven Auerbach version

*I am editing this as others share new information!!

Whew yes!

Also adding my updated timeline here. Adding notes about vocals that were re-recorded from demos or remained the same is something I should also add at some point. 

8 hours ago, IanadeIrey said:

Aw thank you! <3 Here it is: https://onlyfiles.io/f/335dc31bc8644818802c4ff2f4a64c95

I’m with you on Version 1, I loooove that guitar pattern throughout, it’s just so gorgeous. I think the strings in Version 2 with the guitar in Version 1 sound really good together! 

Ohhhh I see! Thank you for letting me know! I remember Fine China leaking with “rough old keys” in its title and reading that Your Girl’s initial leak was edited. So interesting about SYTH, I still feel like both versions 1&2 go together so well as one song even though we have reason to believe they are indeed separate….forever an elusive track, and hopefully we get to hear unedited version 1 someday :poordat:

Thank you so much! This sounds way more complete, I'll add it to my collection :flutter: 

---

ooof reading the Boz answer as we speak! thank you if you're reading this :omg: :kiss: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

okay so, this is early tropico, but it was earlier said here that there were tropico project that had nectar of the gods, cherry blossom, unidentified flying Bill etc... Wonder if thats next concept different from it or like continuation... 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

6 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

okay so, this is early tropico, but it was earlier said here that there were tropico project that had nectar of the gods, cherry blossom, unidentified flying Bill etc... Wonder if thats next concept different from it or like continuation... 

Probably a continuation, as the photo with this tracklist is from January 27, 2013. NOTG and CB weren’t recorded until May 2, 2013, and UFB was probably recorded later too (I think it was mentioned here recently that it’s from June 2013). I assume she was just continuing on with the recording process, but it’s hard to know!

In the meanwhile, for anyone who would like to use this, here's a little Tropico artwork I threw together yesterday, I think it kinda fits the songs I chose for it!

lana-del-rey-tropico-2013-album.png

1. Wild One
  2. Dragonslayer
  3. Angels Forever, Forever Angels
  4. Hollywood
  5. JFK
  6. Fine China
  7. Say Yes to Heaven
  8. Nectar of the Gods
  9. I Talk to Jesus
  10. Cherry Blossom
  11. Living Legend
  12. Unidentified Flying Bill (feat. Barrie-James O'Neill)
  13. Starry Eyed

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

tbh i think that Paradise was pretty much an early (shortened) version of the Tropico album and then continued with the album title after Paradise came out.

i have a feeling she released the Tropico film as part of Paradise when she decided to go for Ultraviolence as the album title. (i also see Melancholia in the Jan 27th photo)