partymonster

LDR Album Process Discussion

Shall I open another can of worms? :oopna:

I need closure on the Trash Magic / Miss America / (The man I love) mess.

That chopped demo of Trash Magic that we have is most definitely composed of two separate songs. I know people claim that that is not the case but you can tell that they weren’t recorded together. It’s mist definitely an experimental concept demo that her and Steve tried. It would also explain why Trash Magic was called “Miss America” at one point: 

The “new portions” deal with a girl listing typically American things as the only things that are “real” to her.

Anyway, I don’t know if there is a full song. I think they may have just recorded new portions to paste into Trash Magic but that demo sounds so fucking wrong. Different pace, different sound quality. It just…it doesn’t sound right and I don’t trust anyone claiming that that is how it is.

I think I’m most upset that we almost got a finished/final version of Fine China on Blue Banisters, but instead we got YouTube rips :delicious:

"Don’t forget me"

Just now, NikoGo said:

I think I’m most upset that we almost got a finished/final version of Fine China on Blue Banisters, but instead we got YouTube rips :delicious:

Lana preparing to end @111’s reputation in the fandom by exposing his versions as “on demand mixes” and giving us the real versions on Blue Banisters…

:oopna:

Eclipse finding out about it and blackmailing her. I know that's what happened. :true:

5 hours ago, Architecture1116 said:

I know I am late but so i can delete fine china, your girl from my iTunes library? or label as stem edit/fake version? I really addict to both song it is so heartbreaking to know they are fake...:crying4:

im just leaving them as they were and if unedited versions ever leak i'll name them as stem edits. and it's all because of last.fm 😋

archiving any ldr-related stuff I can find (like, literally)

LANA DEL REY TRACKER

last.fm

163c956c5fc19ea25e79f89d6eec3b83.gif

3 hours ago, Ocean Boulevard said:

It really feels like I'm not only studying what I study at university right now but also studying Lana Del Rey album process &  songs history right now, like being a Lana stan feels like such a full time job sometimes :trisha: we love it though :true:

this literally feels like a job i'm at school atm we have pe and we're on the gym and i'm lurking with my phone just because of lanaboards...

LANA DEL REY TRACKER

last.fm

2 hours ago, The Siren said:

did they add stuff said by other insiders in the thread too?

yup, i've added all ig! hmu if something is missing

LANA DEL REY TRACKER

last.fm

@BlackoutZone Do you know if Lana has some kind of contract that doesn’t allow her to upload Flipside, Is This Happiness and WC Radio Mix on Spotify? Burning Desire was an iTunes exclusive too, but it was later uploaded on Spotify. How does it work for Jp/iTunes/Target exclusive tracks? :dorothy2:

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy

21 minutes ago, The Love Witch said:

That chopped demo of Trash Magic that we have is most definitely composed of two separate songs. I know people claim that that is not the case but you can tell that they weren’t recorded together. It’s mist definitely an experimental concept demo that her and Steve tried. It would also explain why Trash Magic was called “Miss America” at one point: 

The “new portions” deal with a girl listing typically American things as the only things that are “real” to her.

Anyway, I don’t know if there is a full song. I think they may have just recorded new portions to paste into Trash Magic but that demo sounds so fucking wrong. Different pace, different sound quality. It just…it doesn’t sound right and I don’t trust anyone claiming that that is how it is.

Have you heard the laptop demo, though?

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

I caught up on nearly 100 pages :woot:

Saved 19 of Boz's replies to update my UV timeline, and 7 for a future Honeymoon timeline :fabcat:

(Dont wanna quote bc he deserves a break!) Reading this http://lanaboards.com/topic/10247-ldr-album-process-discussion/?do=findComment&comment=1451920 reply tho... i never thought i would understand or like the change of TNBAR (lfl outtake) to the NFR track, but now I do. From bitter and harsh to honouring memories, taking partial responsibilty + being right after California... MY HEART

Edit: also i was so close to deleting "demo 1 and 2" of YTH, Fine China and Your Girl off my phone after finding out they are FAKES but i love them and ill take anything, especially since i have almost 7 years of memories with these FAKES :scajo2:

2 hours ago, lanaismamom said:

because google shit missing a little things, but its anyway great, thanks to @ImenaOphelia:kiss3:

thanks sweetlove! i'll be updating it when i'm back home

LANA DEL REY TRACKER

last.fm

mind actually blown re: let me love you like a woman UV version...the bridge is so good, the fact that she used it as a pre-chorus is so intriguing!! adding to my list of leaks i'm dying to hear. also dying to hear melancholia still, and based on how incredible the demos for LFL and BPBP are i have no doubt LFL album outtakes are incredible.

aOaIzH2.gif

52 minutes ago, The Love Witch said:

Imagine if @111 is the reason she stopped working with Rick and abandoned the team she recorded her best material with.

:crying2: And now we're stuck with boring and tuneless piano ballads.

Tbh this was a complaint even during the Rick days (the LFL snippets she'd post mostly consisted of piano) but I agree he could do piano songs better than her current collaborators - except for Change

It's only my dark city, only my new man...

39 minutes ago, TextBook said:

@BlackoutZone Do you know if Lana has some kind of contract that doesn’t allow her to upload Flipside, Is This Happiness and WC Radio Mix on Spotify? Burning Desire was an iTunes exclusive too, but it was later uploaded on Spotify. How does it work for Jp/iTunes/Target exclusive tracks? :dorothy2:

It used to be very common for artists to be approached by companies to get an exclusive in order to boost sales in their respective services. There's definitely a contract in place that Lana also got paid extra for so the services could keep their exclusives.

As for Japan bonus tracks (which still are very prevalent today), it's so that they can support the Japanese economy and encourage buying things like CDs etc. locally instead of overseas

Should've merged the two posts my bad

It's only my dark city, only my new man...

3 hours ago, That Venice Bitch said:

Coming here from page 35 to say no the fuck we do not!

yes we do, it's literally dark city 

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

10 minutes ago, bunoner said:

It used to be very common for artists to be approached by companies to get an exclusive in order to boost sales in their respective services. There's definitely a contract in place that Lana also got paid extra for so the services could keep their exclusives.

As for Japan bonus tracks (which still are very prevalent today), it's so that they can support the Japanese economy and encourage buying things like CDs etc. locally instead of overseas

Should've merged the two posts my bad

True. But some Japan tracks get released ww at a certain point, think of Ariana Grande. I’m wondering why her team didn’t upload Flipside on Spotify :toofunny:

edit: I think it’s available only on Spotify Japan (https://open.spotify.com/track/4uFBQUyGz1pEHFmW7YsDED?si=d_mfuu4nS2qTgwywhivxOg) but the track was also a Target and FNAC (Europe) exclusive. Bummer :noparty:

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy