partymonster

LDR Album Process Discussion

11 minutes ago, bunoner said:

It used to be very common for artists to be approached by companies to get an exclusive in order to boost sales in their respective services. There's definitely a contract in place that Lana also got paid extra for so the services could keep their exclusives.

As for Japan bonus tracks (which still are very prevalent today), it's so that they can support the Japanese economy and encourage buying things like CDs etc. locally instead of overseas

Should've merged the two posts my bad

well we really lost then :noparty:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

14 minutes ago, bunoner said:

It used to be very common for artists to be approached by companies to get an exclusive in order to boost sales in their respective services. There's definitely a contract in place that Lana also got paid extra for so the services could keep their exclusives.

As for Japan bonus tracks (which still are very prevalent today), it's so that they can support the Japanese economy and encourage buying things like CDs etc. locally instead of overseas

Should've merged the two posts my bad

Weren’t the Jp bonus track CDs limited? Maybe I’m getting confused.

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy

1 minute ago, TextBook said:

They're definitely limited in the sense that they don't make as many as the standard CDs and it's a little harder to get them due to not being in Japan

It's only my dark city, only my new man...

1 hour ago, ImenaOphelia said:

im just leaving them as they were and if unedited versions ever leak i'll name them as stem edits. and it's all because of last.fm 😋

yeah I always name fine china without demo even though we used to think there is a “Dan final version”, I am gonna stick to this (and I fear we won’t get unedit real file:crying4:)

8 minutes ago, bunoner said:

I think a lot of it has to do with the way Ben curates her final tracklist

he really has that much power over the tracklist? :icant: I would like to know if at least flipside was considered to be part of the official standard tracklist

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

47 minutes ago, rightofjupiter said:

mind actually blown re: let me love you like a woman UV version...the bridge is so good, the fact that she used it as a pre-chorus is so intriguing!! adding to my list of leaks i'm dying to hear. also dying to hear melancholia still, and based on how incredible the demos for LFL and BPBP are i have no doubt LFL album outtakes are incredible.

I'm tempted to ask Dan Heath about "Melancholia" but I'll wait a little bit, after the "You & Me" spam that I did yesterday 💀

guys can yall maybe help me with these, maybe i misunderstood

do u understand it that this is why we have wild one (2012) and wild one (2015)? not as we used to believe wild one (2012 mix 1) and wild one (2012 mix 2)?

and here on question "was wait for life released version ever intended to be featured on Ultraviolence or there is another unlekaed "uv" version?" he responded "nope" means it that the reack never intended to be featured on ultraviolence? this is what confuses me the most...

also this post, i genuinely think that this song was always intended for the movie and not for paradise - this is to clarify that mess with paradise outtakes!

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

1 minute ago, americangothic said:

I'm tempted to ask Dan Heath about "Melancholia" but I'll wait a little bit, after the "You & Me" spam that I did yesterday 💀

yes don't burn this bridge! wait for a while to ask these 

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

1 hour ago, TextBook said:

@BlackoutZone Do you know if Lana has some kind of contract that doesn’t allow her to upload Flipside, Is This Happiness and WC Radio Mix on Spotify? Burning Desire was an iTunes exclusive too, but it was later uploaded on Spotify. How does it work for Jp/iTunes/Target exclusive tracks? :dorothy2:

I think WC radio mix is available in German Spotify and Japanese bonus tracks are usually available in Japanese Spotify (that was the case for Has to Be from Madonna for example).

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

1 hour ago, The Love Witch said:

Shall I open another can of worms? :oopna:

I need closure on the Trash Magic / Miss America / (The man I love) mess.

That chopped demo of Trash Magic that we have is most definitely composed of two separate songs. I know people claim that that is not the case but you can tell that they weren’t recorded together. It’s mist definitely an experimental concept demo that her and Steve tried. It would also explain why Trash Magic was called “Miss America” at one point: 

The “new portions” deal with a girl listing typically American things as the only things that are “real” to her.

Anyway, I don’t know if there is a full song. I think they may have just recorded new portions to paste into Trash Magic but that demo sounds so fucking wrong. Different pace, different sound quality. It just…it doesn’t sound right and I don’t trust anyone claiming that that is how it is.

The Man I Love took the verses from both demo versions. The final is like 5 minutes long? And doesn't include the lyrics from the demos

44 minutes ago, TextBook said:

42 minutes ago, bunoner said:

They're definitely limited in the sense that they don't make as many as the standard CDs and it's a little harder to get them due to not being in Japan

Japan exclusives are on Spotify but Japan's Spotify. Use a VPN :oopna:

31 minutes ago, americangothic said:

ooo wait what did you learn about you & me I love that song?!

aOaIzH2.gif

3 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I can't believe LA Who Am I was the actual title from that song and that it's from the LFL era :judgingu3: 

Lana will never fail to shock me. I can't even imagine that melody with Rick production cause it sounded so poppy :hide: I need it immediately 

i think it was really reworked and boz said its one of these tracks lana and rick worked on for months so OG version is far superior i feel

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y