partymonster

LDR Album Process Discussion

lust for life is actually her best album i think... first of all the opening track is so amazing and it feels like ur floating to space slowly AND CAN WE TALK ABOUT THE AESTHETIC TOO... she did an 60s/70s aesthetic for the album and got the son of john lennon and stevie nicks on her album:bebe:like the outtakes are amazing, the released tracks are amazing and outtakes and released tracks both being good is kinda rare for albums tbh like its either bad outtakes and good album or bad album and good outtakes:cryney2: also the trap songs are so amazing too like coachella MOTHER---------------------------- :crying5: theres no skips on it too and even the worst tracks (summer bummer and in my feelings) aren't skips... THATS ALSO RARE FOR AN ALBUM TOO:omg: lust for life was a moment in history and if u hate that album u are sick and need help.. praying 4 u:crying:

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

55 minutes ago, rancidgirl said:

lust for life is actually her best album i think... first of all the opening track is so amazing and it feels like ur floating to space slowly AND CAN WE TALK ABOUT THE AESTHETIC TOO... she did an 60s/70s aesthetic for the album and got the son of john lennon and stevie nicks on her album:bebe:like the outtakes are amazing, the released tracks are amazing and outtakes and released tracks both being good is kinda rare for albums tbh like its either bad outtakes and good album or bad album and good outtakes:cryney2: also the trap songs are so amazing too like coachella MOTHER---------------------------- :crying5: theres no skips on it too and even the worst tracks (summer bummer and in my feelings) aren't skips... THATS ALSO RARE FOR AN ALBUM TOO:omg: lust for life was a moment in history and if u hate that album u are sick and need help.. praying 4 u:crying:

def not her best album (it's hm) but u ate with most of this 

18 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

def not her best album (it's hm) but u ate with most of this 

honeymoon is amazing too:cryney2:LANA DEL REY I LOVE YOU

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

1 hour ago, rancidgirl said:

The outtakes and most demos are better than the final album tracklist, so its like she really did her most amazing work in the era of her most potential but selected songs that she thought were most relatable, that she thought we'd connect to most (and maybe some of us did at the time). A cute move that she'll never do again, but she was still wrong :deadbanana:

It's a gem tho, and oh my god it made me feel so happy in the first few months of its release!

2 hours ago, rancidgirl said:

i don't agree with everything (mostly the coachella part lol) but is always nice to see some lfl love! definitely an overhated album 

On 1/1/2023 at 9:13 PM, IanadeIrey said:

Aw thank you! <3 Here it is: https://onlyfiles.io/f/335dc31bc8644818802c4ff2f4a64c95

I’m with you on Version 1, I loooove that guitar pattern throughout, it’s just so gorgeous. I think the strings in Version 2 with the guitar in Version 1 sound really good together! 

Ohhhh I see! Thank you for letting me know! I remember Fine China leaking with “rough old keys” in its title and reading that Your Girl’s initial leak was edited. So interesting about SYTH, I still feel like both versions 1&2 go together so well as one song even though we have reason to believe they are indeed separate….forever an elusive track, and hopefully we get to hear unedited version 1 someday :poordat:

I meant to post this after BoZ posted the tea about FC/YTH/YG but wait your mind :defeated: your edit is probably the closest sounding thing we have to the Rick Nowels version! Though I just realized OnlyFiles officially shut down when I tried to listen again :rip:  Do you think you could reupload it elsewhere?

Also random but I should’ve known the files we got were indeed non official RN mixes as he always labels his files with his engineers’ name in them. For example,

Young-And-Beautiful-KM-Mix-045, Starry-Eyed-KM-Mix-009, JFK-KM-mix-027, etc.

On 1/27/2023 at 7:19 PM, cherryblossoms said:

I meant to post this after BoZ posted the tea about FC/YTH/YG but wait your mind :defeated: your edit is probably the closest sounding thing we have to the Rick Nowels version! Though I just realized OnlyFiles officially shut down when I tried to listen again :rip:  Do you think you could reupload it elsewhere?

Also random but I should’ve known the files we got were indeed non official RN mixes as he always labels his files with his engineers’ name in them. For example,

Young-And-Beautiful-KM-Mix-045, Starry-Eyed-KM-Mix-009, JFK-KM-mix-027, etc.

Yes, here it is! And thank you :party:I made this when I thought versions 1 & 2 were indeed stem edits of the full song, but I bet the real thing is totally different :rip:  https://krakenfiles.com/view/v3BPoT8zgV/file.html

On 1/26/2023 at 11:31 PM, rancidgirl said:

i know you didnt just say in my feelings is one of the worst tracks babe NO!!!!!!!!!!!

but honestly yes lfl is such an overhated and underrated album, even if it isnt my favorite i love it sm. masterpiece.

0ee59aa49842db2f69a1f29fe8d0f75d.gif

・゚。★。゚・ 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐢'𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐬, 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡, 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐝𝐢𝐞-𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐝, 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 ・゚。★。゚・

On 1/27/2023 at 2:31 AM, rancidgirl said:

I’ve honestly never been big on LFL. There were a few tracks that I loved (Heroin, Beautiful People Beautiful Problems, When The World Was At War We Just Kept Dancing). I really enjoyed the collabs, but I thought it was too much. I’ve always been a big fan of the aesthetic she curated for that era. About a month or two ago, I decided to have a listening sesh of the album. I definitely have a much better appreciation for it now. There are so many tracks I was sleeping on (13 Beaches was one that just never hit like it does now along with the title track and many more). Compare to her other works, it would be ranked on the lower end, but LFL is so special. I think it’s one of her strongest eras ♡ 

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

anyway guys maybe u would know and can help me to answer on some questions? like

1) Is there Rick Nowels' version of Brooklyn Baby? cuz i heard speculations the leaked Snippet is Rick Nowels version

2) I heard speculations that White Hot Forever is different song from Tulsa Jesus Freak, do u think it was reworked or Just renamed? 
3) Is it True there is I talk to Jesus Dan Auerbach version exist? 
4) If anybody would know So Good (Summer Bummer solo demo) date id really appreciate that:kiss3:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

On 1/27/2023 at 9:31 AM, rancidgirl said:

I do actually like coachella(despite the hate) but there’s a lot of songs I don’t like here-it’s definitely where the shift in music took a turn for me.

top 5 for me:

1. Change

2. Cherry 

3. Get Free 

4. love 

5. summer bummer 

45 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

This is kind of mental, I wonder if she wants her songs to flow more alongside each other now? They overlap very well or maybe it’s coincidence 

I think she does... it's either that or she just likes to get inspired by her own work, or to get better at her art :blush3:

don’t know which topic should I ask for this question but how many version of west coast (released & unreleased) have? I know there is album version, single version (iTunes single version) and radio mix (track 12 from aus edition), and what is Rob Orton version and radio edit version?? I’m so confused can someone list all the version hopefully with download link:crai:

(the list on lana fanwiki make me more confused because the length is different to what I have)