partymonster

LDR Album Process Discussion

1 minute ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

I think it’s the final with backing vocals 

Thanks!! I hadn’t heard it in a while and forgot how beautiful it was :wowcry: (although this is surely pretty much the whole song)

2 minutes ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

I think it’s the final with backing vocals 

this has got me wondering why do we want it to leak so bad… yes it’s low quality but it’s clearly the full song since the video of her recording it and this video both end at the same point 

Thank you so much @BlackoutZone for these incredible pieces of info. I imagine you’ll address this in your forthcoming post about Say Yes to Heaven and Eclipse’s leaks, but I’d love to know if what we know as “Version 1” & “Version 2” are indeed stem edits of a single version done by Rick in November 2013. Thank you so much again for sharing your insight!

4 minutes ago, BartenderDeco said:

this has got me wondering why do we want it to leak so bad… it’s low quality 

You just said it... 

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

Also regarding Trippin over You-it’s highly possible it’s a real Lana demo made in 2011/12-the song was officially released by cheat codes last year with different production:

Some songs were being shopped to her sound that era such as diamonds by Rihanna although I’m not sure she even cut a demo.

3 minutes ago, VioletBunny said:

@BlackoutZoneand also @Surf Noir, is Downtown Persona an unleaked song or just an alternative title?

Or does it not even exist? Apparently it was teased at the same time as Super Movie, and Super Movie turned out to be real so

i doubt blackoutzone would know since he's not familiar with anything pre-2012, but i don't think anybody has ever claimed that to be fake, but i really don't know much about any of those strange titles we're not sure about

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

51 minutes ago, BartenderDeco said:

this has got me wondering why do we want it to leak so bad… yes it’s low quality but it’s clearly the full song since the video of her recording it and this video both end at the same point 

But let me be delulu for a moment bc the last second of the clip sounds like she’s taking another breath and she’s about to go into a beautiful second verse drenched in strings and synths as she croons about her brutal affair on Wisteria Lane :trisha:

2 hours ago, BlackoutZone said:

ITTJ is another essay-type post I don't have energy for right now. Not gonna lie I hate that song, never put full effort to piece its timeline together

Finally someone was brave enough to say it! What a horrible track, I'm sorry...

8nl2OpX.png

1 hour ago, BlackoutZone said:

Ugh well yes there are a few, but some would literally collapse on the thought that she reworked that so I'd rather you just be surprised if something leaks one day :creep:

Pawn Shop Blues 😩

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

2 hours ago, BlackoutZone said:

Yes and it's not only that, it's kinda a pattern throughout her career!

Each time Lana wrote a song with Rick, but it was released with/alongside someone else's production, but she still liked the demo, she would finish it with Rick and release as radio mix.

Radio mixes of Dark Paradise and Summertime Sadness are both finished Rick demos :) 

I knew it, both DP and SS demos were so similar to each other demos, thank god king Nowels blessed us with the best SS version yet (Extended Radio Mix)

8nl2OpX.png

It's just insane the amount of songs that are intended for a specific record, and what actually ends up being on the album's official tracklist.
It really feels like 3:1 ratio.  :wat: