Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Now I'm kind of seriously hoping Yosemite is on the album. I just imagined it with Jack's acoustic production with outdoor sounds like birds chirping. Sort of like how GKIT sounded, except with lyrics of Lana reflecting on how happy she is in the current state of her life.

I thought IMF was more for her younger fans lol

if her 12 y/o fans are out here regretting sex with a loser the morning after and trying to ignore that it ever happened because it doesn't align with their natural order of being better than that then we have other problems than this thread

and i'll shall pray

insanity laughs under pressure -- we're cracking

As of now, all we know she hasn’t yet worked with Neil Krug for this record. If she has and there’s a NFR project with him, we won’t know until maybe after the album unless she chooses his shoot for the album cover. And while you’re thinking of that, check that link out and tell me that wouldn’t be a better Honeymoon album cover.

https://www.instagram.com/p/8n3Lt6Q-av/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1gcd0kay9sjoh

I think he needs to do the album cover again... please....

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

if her 12 y/o fans are out here regretting sex with a loser the morning after and trying to ignore that it ever happened because it doesn't align with their natural order of being better than that then we have other problems than this thread

and i'll shall pray

I meant the people who just turned 18 AKA those who began listening to her when they were 12 seven years ago lmfao

No offence but I'm bored of and getting tired of the same negativity being said over and over again in this thread  :noparty: I know we're all thirsty and the news are minimal and we're bored but what's the point of bashing what you don't like about her work a million times. Celebrate what you love instead idk. And I'm very surprised at the amount of likes the negative posts are getting as well

ZKcaooE.png

I think we can all agree that her best album covers are born to die, ultraviolence and honeymoon

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Why do I feel like NFR could have some of her saddest songs ever? It doesn't seem to be a very happy album to me. Even her songs with happier lyrics are sad or melancholic as fuck (HTD, VB)

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Marty from the 1975 recently tweeted...

https://twitter.com/truman_black/status/1074288207615938560?s=21

What if Lana did this? It would be a complete shitshow in the crowd but a night dedicated to each era? A girl can dream.

It'd b too good to be true, and would somehow just undervalue her work imo.. It'd kinda feel like the music and the artist was too accessible kinda like listening to the music from ur library, but having it live, which would be great, but then there, ironically, wouldn't have any momentum to carry the magic over or for the audience to really reflect on the performances properly 

just my opinion but yea

UV/Honeymoon

and i'll shall pray

This had me crying laughing

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

Why do I feel like NFR could have some of her saddest songs ever? It doesn't seem to be a very happy album to me. Even her songs with happier lyrics are sad or melancholic as fuck (HTD, VB)

I think it was Rolling Stone who said, about MAC but it applies to all of NFR, that it is nostalgi-pop... I think it's pretty acurate. and i don't expect NFr to be super happy either. Anyways, our girl has that melancholy / nostalgy in her pretty much all the time. 

I think she says that NFR is "happy" becauseworking with Jack was fun and it shows in her energy in those songs, but the lyrics are still very melancholic to me.