Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

you guys know both Billie and Lana from Interscope - means if Billie releases her album in March 29th - Lana's album is either delayed or up ahead

giphy.gif

March 29th date was never even confirmed ANYWHERE. Like everything this era. it’s stupid to be mad over Billie releasing her album that day. Like people said too, they’re the same label with similar enough genres, i highly doubt interscope would allow them both to be released the same day anyways. Not expecting NFR until the summer... I just wish someone would fucking say something

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

If it's a summer release then she might as well make a new album because HIADT has aged like milk already. MAC and VB are still amazing, but they would be pretty old at that point.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

If it’s being released in summer it better be more than 11 songs. Also who let her think these long ass pre album waits are okay?!? I love that we got 3 songs but she could’ve at least waited til December & released MAC then Venice Bitch in January & Hope in February with the lead single in March! It’d make it so much more bearable.

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif

Overall disappointed but nowhere near surprise, when she says something she usually means the opposite.

Early 2019 has now turned to mid 2019 if we're lucky.  :creep:

If the album were coming out in March, 99% chance we'd have the lead, album cover and pre-order already?

Overall disappointed but nowhere near surprise, when she says something she usually means the opposite.

Early 2019 has now turned to mid 2019 if we're lucky.  :creep:

If the album were coming out in March, 99% chance we'd have the lead, album cover and pre-order already?

idk how these stuff work but if she releases a good single(well a catchier song with a nice mv) like 3 weeks before the album release would be a bad strategy ? 

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

idk how these stuff work but if she releases a good single(well a catchier song with a nice mv) like 3 weeks before the album release would be a bad strategy ?

Well that’s vague... if she just did that and then went silent and the album was just released with no pre-order, cover reveal, tracklist reveal, single announcements, promotion in general, then yes. It would be a bad strategy.

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

Remember how Britney dropped Make Me... on July 15th 2016, announced Glory on August 3rd, released Private Show the following day and the album itself on August 26th? Like how easy she made it for her fans? We stan a legend.  :crying:

She'll be like: "Here's the album little fucks."

No lead single, no promo, no photoshoots, no videos. And the album cover will be her wallpaper that's behind her on HIADT cover.

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

Remember how Britney dropped Make Me... on July 15th 2016, announced Glory on August 3rd, released Private Show the following day and the album itself on August 26th? Like how easy she made it for her fans? We stan a legend.  :crying:

Well she also had LOTS of promotional interviews, magazines and TV performances lined up. Sadly Lana doesn't do much of that.

even though i know she's already been teasing, especially for a while, 2 years between album releases isn't really terrible.

the wait sucks but imagine if she took 4+ years between album releases and din't say a damn word the entire time

as excruciating as this may be, realize this wait could be so much worse

especially since she has already put out three amazing songs

tbqh as annoying as this whole radio silence and weird half-assed rollout is, the songs from this album are some of my favorite work she's ever done and so goddamn gorgeous that i'm still very much wrapped around her finger 

it's just the way i feel

even though i know she's already been teasing, especially for a while, 2 years between album releases isn't really terrible.

the wait sucks but imagine if she took 4+ years between album releases and din't say a damn word the entire time

No one's really upset about the wait time. It's the lack of consistency and planning, and her saying things she either does not mean or takes back. The lack of overall information, interviews, really anything, it's all messy because we have no idea what's going on. I'd prefer a nice planned out and well executed era every 2-4 years over this anyday.

I agree with you for the most parts. Two years between albums is standard and is usually the earliest for most artists. We were lucky for the 15 months between UV and HM and took that it was going to be her new standard. The music is also fantastic with NFR and when the album lands, I will love it i’m Sure. The only thing i’d Change about the pre-release period is the length: I really don’t mind that she is mute before she drops a single (or two here) but when she does, a new era begins and 4 or 5 months before the album drops is standard. But a 6 month+ wait with no info or confirmation of anything in between? That is too much and we get to the point where nothing satisfies us, we just want the damn album. Again, she chew more than she could bite, with the poetry book and NFR almost simultaneously.