Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I dont think it's bad that she sings very low but I miss her lush and sharp low vocals like born to die or video games

When she sings low like that, it's like slow honey dripping ugghhhhh

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Oh my God I had a dream about NFR AGAIN  :hdu: It's like the third time I dreamed about this goddamn album wtf this has never happened with a Lana album, even with LFL that I was very excited about. Anyway, first thing I did when I woke up was to message everything I remember to my bff who is also a Lana stan so I wouldn't forget lmao here it is

- She shared the album cover and tracklist.

- The cover was very similar to Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band by the Beatles, but less busy. It was like that old picture he shared, but with a lot more people in it, and it was painting-esque. It had a lot of shades of red and yellow.

- The title songs were very long. I remember Venice Bitch was the second to last and Happiness Is a Butterfly was the last one, but the title was longer. Like there was "and (a word I don't remember)" after the Butterfly. The was a song with "Acid" on the title too.

- And the worst part, which makes me think that maybe everything was a nightmare: she scrapped How To Disappear   :biblio:

And that completes my trilogy of NFR dreams, maybe a new trilogy is coming? Who knows, but if Lana doesn't share something soon my subconscious might get creative again  :flutter:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

i still dont like HTD :defeated:

Too bad we haven’t heard an official studio version I mean.... all we’ve heard is a live piano version

I hope Talking Like An Answering Machine is still a thing. Such an intriguing title

Did she ever actually mention this or was this a bullshit fan made title? I don’t remember this

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Idk how, but it makes me think of the industrial revolution, or something about someone coming back home from a hard days work. There's a kind of sad peacefulness to it, and how she ends it with "no one's going anywhere, I'll always be right here, no one's going anywhere" What a beautiful, comforting sentiment like shit, whoever she's singing about must unknowingly have it so good

i always got industrial vibes from it too, like red brick buildings, early morning & smoke type shit; it's definitely cause of the NY references, but the second verse makes it feel like it's specifically in rougher areas; training yard, scrap fights, etc. 

doesn't help the bridge makes everything she said in the past 2 verses a past-tense story rather than in the moment, which I notice is how Lana writes most everything. Even BJ is kinda written in past tense, but it still sounds so in the moment compared to HtD

Did she ever actually mention this or was this a bullshit fan made title? I don’t remember this

Registered title

hey guys i'm really fucking excited for NFR

a few videos are legit but some others are fake,,,honestly can't tell..wig if real

here's a pico link jus in case

https://picosong.com/wjFig/

i always got industrial vibes from it too, like red brick buildings, early morning & smoke type shit; it's definitely cause of the NY references, but the second verse makes it feel like it's specifically in rougher areas; training yard, scrap fights, etc.

doesn't help the bridge makes everything she said in the past 2 verses a past-tense story rather than in the moment, which I notice is how Lana writes most everything. Even BJ is kinda written in past tense, but it still sounds so in the moment compared to HtD

I know what you're saying, the whole story tense changes everything, and just amplifies how sad it must've been, and sad how it still was unresolved even after all this time. And yes I get that, seeing the sunset past the smog and factory silhouettes, the fires in the sky, how it must've been a relief to go back home, away from sunlight, and into views of grey, or how sad that must've been, when it just came in temperatures of sight.

It's like acknowledging something there, but not being able to do anything more about it.

Blue Jeans definitely was in the past, but I think the beat, the drama and forwardness of it, really helped amped things up to the present, that and how the chorus and bridge sorta tie things back to the present.

UV/Honeymoon