Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

norman fucking rockwell if it got a $10+ increase in budget and 50% more care

b7e49268121dff58337c1c69f656925d.jpg

7b7be89ef9b8f6dd50a182bf2332abf8.jpg

This is what I want for the cover.

I hope the cover is not a picture of a tree, taken with her phone. 

"Some days are for falling in love with people, some days for cities, and some for your time in solitude."

lana used to be one of the most visually stimulating artists and now she's just not trying. idk why. its not like she's doing a billion other things that she can't give amazing visuals. all she does is lay around her mansion all day and drink coffee.

lana used to be one of the most visually stimulating artists and now she's just not trying. idk why. its not like she's doing a billion other things that she can't give amazing visuals. all she does is lay around her mansion all day and drink coffee.

Kinda unfair. 

She is still playing with visuals, this time around playing with low quality videos, as if she was a singer out of a 8 mm film. It fits the sound of NFR. True, it is not as stunning as some previous eras, but it is still fitting the sound of the album. Plus NFR also has some strong intimate vibes and the atmosphere of VB fits that perfectly (MAc's video is not as strong as VB's, IMO). 

And let's not forget one thing: with LFL, she worked with Rick, who is LA-based, and she hired a big shot for her videos (Rich Lee), which means that recording and mixing was easier and she had to schedule the video part of promo. With NFR, it's the opposite: she is working with a NY-based producer (which means that the recording and producing work will be longer) and has her sister doing the visuals. So the videos are "easier" to make, especially if they are "homemade". To have both (a producer not based in LA and a big shot video guy), it would mean at least a 2-year period between albums, to coordinate the whole thing. And we know how patient we are...  :hooker:

Kinda unfair. 

She is still playing with visuals, this time around playing with low quality videos, as if she was a singer out of a 8 mm film. It fits the sound of NFR. True, it is not as stunning as some previous eras, but it is still fitting the sound of the album. Plus NFR also has some strong intimate vibes and the atmosphere of VB fits that perfectly (MAc's video is not as strong as VB's, IMO). 

And let's not forget one thing: with LFL, she worked with Rick, who is LA-based, and she hired a big shot for her videos (Rich Lee), which means that recording and mixing was easier and she had to schedule the video part of promo. With NFR, it's the opposite: she is working with a NY-based producer (which means that the recording and producing work will be longer) and has her sister doing the visuals. So the videos are "easier" to make, especially if they are "homemade". To have both (a producer not based in LA and a big shot video guy), it would mean at least a 2-year period between albums, to coordinate the whole thing. And we know how patient we are...  :hooker:

Sorry but this isn't entirely true, there are multiple people she could hire immediately and she wouldn't even have to look outside the box.Like she could literally just hire someone like wool kid who's she actually worked with but her lack of visually captivating fashion sense does play a big part in her recent visual decline so it's to be expected.

I wish she went back to making titles as mysterious as the Honeymoon ones. When i reread the tracklist again and think of titles like "Music To Watch Boys To, Terrence Loves You, Art Deco, 24, Religion" my mind is amazed. Her mind is amazing. WE WANT WEIRD MYSTERIOUS 40S HOUSEWIFE LANA BACK

no she portrays herself as an independent woman now and that’s better

Same...like...shouldn't at least one photoshoot in a magazine be out already? like...with Love released in February towards the end of it, we then had magazine shoots in march...But 2 (almost 3) months passed and, nothing. And you're right, she didn't even shot some promotional pictures at least. She's still using the LFL ones. Is she gonna do any magazine photoshoots at all, wtf?

tbh i wouldn’t mind getting no magazine shoot at all... the LFL ones were pretty ugly and she didn’t look like herself, and i like that she’s less paying attention to appearances. it would be coherent with the era if we didn’t have any

also: i don’t know if I am or if she is the one to be blamed for already having worn out Cinnamon but that’s a shame because it’s so great

Sorry but this isn't entirely true, there are multiple people she could hire immediately and she wouldn't even have to look outside the box.Like she could literally just hire someone like wool kid who's she actually worked with but her lack of visually captivating fashion sense does play a big part in her recent visual decline so it's to be expected.

I see your point. And it is valid, I must say. I don't mind that much, to be honest, if the visuals aren't as strong as her music though. It seems that with this era, she doesn't want to go big at all...

tbh i feel like most of y'all are being super unfair when in reality whatever she's gives us y'all are gonna masturbate to at some point so calm down

also let's take a moment to think.. chuck is lana's sister so it's so much easier to have that connection and use it (i would too) and if lana likes them that's all that matters because it's her discography. also if chuck just takes a pic that she likes, why not use it? who cares what it's shot on when full blown movies are shot on iphones as well. and it's totally unfair to say she isnt visual anymore just because she's not reenacting the entire jfk assassination this era when she made an amazing video for Love. she had visuals that held a theme with LFL they just weren't pleasing to everyone (and changed somewhat during the release but her tour held it together didn't it?), like it had a strong 70s flare to it but the whole promotion of it was everywhere in general so it's going to bog down the visuals imo. 

she even said her own record company is pretty loose with her and don't really put a deadline for her albums and that if she has to mix eight months she will mix for eight months so why are we riding her to put something out? she's never been traditional in promotion imo so why start now?

that being said, christmas is looking good this year ladies

insanity laughs under pressure -- we're cracking

I'm salty that Venice Bitch got a really crappy single cover. Let's just hope the photoshoots for this era will blow us away.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

she's never been traditional in promotion imo so why start now?

Not really true though?

Lead single Video Games (October 2011), 2nd single Born To Die (December 2011), promo single Off To The Races (December 2011) then album Born To Die (January 2012) followed by 3rd single Blue Jeans (April 2012), 4th single Summertime Sadness (June 2012), 5th single National Anthem (July 2012) and final single Dark Paradise (March 2013).

Open Road Tour 2012

Promo single Blue Velvet (September 2012), lead single Ride (September 2012) and then the album, Paradise (November 2012).

Paradise Tour 2013

Lead single West Coast (April 2014), promo single Shades Of Cool (May 2014), 2nd single Ultraviolence (June 2014), 3rd single Brooklyn Baby (June 2014) and then the album Ultraviolence (June 2014) then 4th single Black Beauty (December 2014).

Endless Summer Tour 2015

Lead single High By The Beach (August 2015), promo singles Terrence Loves You (August 2015) and Honeymoon (August 2015) then the 2nd single Music To Watch Boys To (September 2015) and then the album, Honeymoon (September 2015).

Festival Tour 2016

Lead single Love (February 2017), 2nd single Lust For Life (April 2017), promo singles Coachella (May 2017), Groupie Love (July 2017) and 3rd single Summer Bummer (July 2017) and then the album, Lust For Life (July 2017).

LA To The Moon Tour 2017

Lead single Mariners Apartment Complex and 2nd single Venice Bitch (September 2018)

Up until this record (even Lust For Life) her release strategy has been pretty mainstream and not that much different from other pop stars.

Not really true though?

lead single Video Games (August 2011), 2nd single Born To Die (December 2011), promo single Off To The Races (December 2011) then album Born To Die (January 2012) followed 3rd single by Blue Jeans (April 2012), 4th single Summertime Sadness (June 2012), National Anthem (July 2012) and Dark Paradise (March 2013).

Open Road Tour 2012

promo single Blue Velvet (September 2012), lead single Ride (September 2012) and album Paradise (November 2012).

Paradise Tour 2013

lead single West Coast (April 2014), promo single Shades Of Cool (May 2014), 2nd single Ultraviolence (June 2014), promo single Brooklyn Baby (June 2014) and album Ultraviolence (June 2014) then 3rd single Black Beauty (December 2014).

Endless Summer Tour 2015

lead single High By The Beach (August 2015), promo singles Terrence Loves You (August 2015), Honeymoon and 2nd single Music To Watch Boys To (September 2015) then album Honeymoon (September 2015).

Festival Tour 2016

lead single Love (February 2017), 2nd single Lust For Life (April 2017), promo singles Coachella (May 2017), Groupie Love and 3rd single Summer Bummer (July 2017) and album Lust For Life (July 2017).

LA To The Moon Tour 2017

lead single Mariners Apartment Complex and 2nd single Venice Bitch (September 2018)

Upon until this record (even Lust For Life) her release strategy has been pretty mainstream and not that much different from other pop stars.

You're SO right. The thing isn't she's not traditional. It's just that she took lots of time with LFL because of the Love leak. Otherwise the promo would've started in April. But now people are always worried that something that happened to ONE album happens again

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

I'm salty that Venice Bitch got a really crappy single cover. Let's just hope the photoshoots for this era will blow us away.

Lol MAC's cover is faaaaaaaaaaaar worse. I mean, she's looking terrible on that pic. One of the photographs you immediatly delete after taking it. VB has some sort of visual going on at least.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I don’t like this ‘not wearing make up’ era. There is nothing wrong with a bit of lipstick at least....she looks so much better. She looks like she has the flu when she doesn’t bother.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Lol MAC's cover is faaaaaaaaaaaar worse. I mean, she's looking terrible on that pic. One of the photographs you immediatly delete after taking it. VB has some sort of visual going on at least.

People hate the VB cover, but I don't mind it at all compared to MAC. The reason it doesn't look good isn't because of her "no makeup look". I think if she had let her hair down in a nice way and hired a different photographer for it, those simple changes would've made it better. I love this natural look phase, but hate the pic. Also, why does it look like it has a ugly old instagram filter on it?

Not really true though?

Lead single Video Games (August 2011), 2nd single Born To Die (December 2011), promo single Off To The Races (December 2011) then album Born To Die (January 2012) followed by 3rd single Blue Jeans (April 2012), 4th single Summertime Sadness (June 2012), 5th single National Anthem (July 2012) and final single Dark Paradise (March 2013).

Open Road Tour 2012

Promo single Blue Velvet (September 2012), lead single Ride (September 2012) and then the album, Paradise (November 2012).

Paradise Tour 2013

Lead single West Coast (April 2014), promo single Shades Of Cool (May 2014), 2nd single Ultraviolence (June 2014), promo single Brooklyn Baby (June 2014) and then the album Ultraviolence (June 2014) then 3rd single Black Beauty (December 2014).

Endless Summer Tour 2015

Lead single High By The Beach (August 2015), promo singles Terrence Loves You (August 2015) and Honeymoon (August 2015) then the 2nd single Music To Watch Boys To (September 2015) and then the album, Honeymoon (September 2015).

Festival Tour 2016

Lead single Love (February 2017), 2nd single Lust For Life (April 2017), promo singles Coachella (May 2017), Groupie Love (July 2017) and 3rd single Summer Bummer (July 2017) and then the album, Lust For Life (July 2017).

LA To The Moon Tour 2017

Lead single Mariners Apartment Complex and 2nd single Venice Bitch (September 2018)

Up until this record (even Lust For Life) her release strategy has been pretty mainstream and not that much different from other pop stars.

after this post i realized that Lana had came to my city to perform at a theater that only houses 2,000 during the open road tour. i didn't even know she toured before the paradise tour. her first tour seems very unknown as i can't find any videos of it.

giphy.gif

People hate the VB cover, but I don't mind it at all compared to MAC. The reason it doesn't look good isn't because of her "no makeup look". I think if she had let her hair down in a nice way and hired a different photographer for it, those simple changes would've made it better. I love this natural look phase, but hate the pic. Also, why does it look like it has a ugly old instagram filter on it?

I don't even think it's necessarily the look itself, it's just ... one of those pics where you look bad and there is no obvious reason for it. Maybe it's vad light, a bad facial expression ... whatever

It's one of those pics you take and instantly feel bad about because it makes you look 1000times worse than you actually do.

Definitly a puc you would never upload anywhere OR FUCKING USE AS A SINGLE COVER

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!