Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I didn't think about this. Yikes. I remember Lana's baddie friends also said they don't approve of him. Hm.

I take their thots with a grain of salt tbh

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

I wonder if California and Bartender were submitted for Quentin Tarantino’s Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. They’re the only tracks Jack didn’t work on (according to the credits) minus The Next Best American Record (but we know that one had been on Lana’s mind for a while). 24 on Honeymoon is speculated to have gotten the same treatment in regards to the James Bond film. Based on the titles of these two I could see them fitting the campy LA feel of the film. I guess we’ll see when the record comes out and if more information is revealed about the songs!

the movie's been out for a week we'd have heard it by now

insanity laughs under pressure -- we're cracking

the movie's been out for a week we'd have heard it by now

No, that’s not what I meant. There was an interview with someone who worked on the film and they rejected the tracks because they wanted score only from this vintage LA radio station for authenticity

I dont specially enjoy the cover, but I can eat it up.

I just cant deal with the fact that there's this thin black line on its left side and its probably never getting fixed.....

Edible cover for LDR 7 confirmed!

It took me 1 day to get used to the cover I love it and it fits the album theme a lot I guess, one million times better than uninspired lust for life cover.. I'd put nfr cover at the same category with Honeymoon cove,not necessarily a good photo but it fits the album theme so much

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

i'm not gonna say i'm glad that nfr is coming around the time when i'm working through my feelings cutting off my token bad-poetry-writing thinks-he's-cooler-than-he-is guy that i started talking to when lfl came out but... it's not the worst thing in the world 

locals only

I actually agree; it's not so much that I think she should've used Chase as much as she shouldn't've used that guy. 

Like ... as problematic as he is, I feel like someone like James Franco would make a lot more sense. He has the personality for something like this and they were rumoured to have been together at one point anyway, so using him would've been kinda tongue-in-cheek. Obviously, there's reasons why not, but the guy she used seems super random and I think the message would come across better with someone more well-known. 

Idk. She seems to love doing her friends and family favours by putting them in shit, and this seems a lot like that. 

Mm I think I get what ur getting at Rorman but yeah it's a bit too early to tell. Jack Nicholson's pretty great tho, nd maybe she wanted his nephew on there bc of that, bc the age diff in that way might've, would've sent a diff message. 

I feel like James Franco would've overpowered everything tbh. Let's see how she reasons w the peeps who ask her later on tho, I'm tryna bridge things together in my head, but I'm too excited about everything atm hahahaha

UV/Honeymoon

i'm not gonna say i'm glad that nfr is coming around the time when i'm working through my feelings cutting off my token bad-poetry-writing thinks-he's-cooler-than-he-is guy that i started talking to when lfl came out but... it's not the worst thing in the world 

Queen of avenging relatable feelings 

UV/Honeymoon

Yeah I agree, and I also feel the guy on the cover being so unknown and someone that the listener can project anything onto works better. If it was Lana's BF or some well known male celeb (like James Franco as some have suggested) it would just distract from whatever she is trying to convey imo. 

Most popular songs (including LDR's) are about some rando significant other that you can't have, has done you wrong, or makes your life complete and/or worth living, so why not hire some rando guy (even if he's Jack Nicholson's grandson) to inhabit the role represented in all those songs on your album cover? I mean it's surprising it hasn't been done before, although the concept is at least common on some cheesy-romance-novel covers. However, with the NFR cover, there may be an important elaboration. He seems to have an smirk and may be coldly staring off into the distance, while she's grabbing him by the waist, and reaching out with a yearning expression, away from him. Could she have fallen for another loser? Turn the record over; he's alone on the back, so maybe she's left him? Feminists take note.

Most popular songs (including LDR's) are about some rando significant other that you can't have, has done you wrong, or makes your life complete and/or worth living, so why not hire some rando guy (even if he's Jack Nicholson's grandson) to inhabit the role represented in all those songs on your album cover? I mean it's surprising it hasn't been done before, although the concept is at least common on some cheesy-romance-novel covers. However, with the NFR cover, there may be an important elaboration. He seems to have an smirk and may be coldly staring off into the distance, while she's grabbing him by the waist, and reaching out with a yearning expression, away from him. Could she have fallen for another loser? Turn the record over; he's alone on the back, so maybe she's left him? Feminists take note.

!!!!

literally iconic word choice and exactly what i was thinking! sure he's a unknown main figure in what is supposed to be her album but the metaphor is just too good to ignore! random artsy looking guy she's dramatically holding on to. guy who probably thinks he's norman fuckin rockwell when he's really just some dude? that's art

I'm wondering if she actually performed Doin' Time during the BBC live lounge thing. That one person said she performed 2 songs that weren't NFR related, but Doin' Time's on there. There's the possibility that Doin' Time wasn't on the album yet at that point and that she did perform Doin' Time, but I highly doubt that since it wasn't that long ago. 

qfrWuBl.png