Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

giphy.gif

After everything she's been through I don't blame her if she quits the business or pulls a Kate Bush or Enya by just releasing music but never tours again. The moment Lana became "famous" she has been laughed at, criticized (SNL), attacked and bullied - even by other celebrities. Kim Gordon told Lana to go "kill herself already". Frances Cobain went on a twitter rampage attacking Lana. Then came the stalking. One "fan" broke into her beach house. Some other "fans" stole her cars. The two Russian "fan girls" who stalked Lana everywhere then threatened her - to the point she had to get a restraining orders. That one "fan" who wanted to kidnap her, rape her and strangle her so they "can be together forever".  She once said she was retiring in 2013. She must have been thinking about it many times after what's happened to her.

The woman needs a break.

Asking her about NFR in every post she posts on twitter or instagram probably makes her want to release the album even less. I wouldn't be surprised if she shelved the poetry book after the awful things people said in here about her poetry. I'm sure she reads here, it's not even a question. 

Remember, Lana is human and she has feelings. Be a little gentle that's all. 

does it make it up for the lack of a release date or info whatsoever when MAC has been released 8.5 months ago? no

does it make it up for the lack of a release date or info whatsoever when MAC has been released 8.5 months ago? no

She truly doesn't owe us anything though.  :twirls:

It's not about owing, though. I mean, as I've pointed out ... she has festival dates in a month's time. In January, she said that she was going to cancel some festival dates, and she has failed to say anything else about it. Is she still cancelling them (which is what she said)? Did she change her mind, and now she isn't? We can't read her freaking mind. That bothers me way more than the album, and I'm not even attending those festivals. It costs $$$ to go to a festival (including travel, time off work, etc) and I know there are fans out there who aren't sure if they should buy tickets because of what she said. That translates to lost $$$ for organisers if fans go, "won't go, because idk if she's going" or lost $$$ for fans if they buy tickets and she cancels at the last minute.

Like that's a pretty shitty situation to create for your fans and for the organisers. If she personally doesn't want to post about it for whatever fucking reason, ask Interscope to, or something. Fuck.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

you owe me an apology

Maybe we can steer away from the owing to not owing play for the time being if that's ok? I mean what I take from it is that we're grateful, really, Lana ur amazing girl wow kapow sending glitter and good vibes, but she's just gonna do tf she wants. She doesnt owe us an explanation, all we can do is hang til she decides to do/not do anything. Frustrating but its true.

Gonna stick to the fact/pattern that she only posts anything like a few weeks in advance, til something does come, and i'll take that as some kinda kindness. So how's everyone coping in general w the blackout? What's the 411 what's the next thread craze we can come up w without getting wps lol

UV/Honeymoon

How about .... theoretical lyrics for Norman Fucking Rockwell? 

She usually likes to rhyme the title of the song, somehow, somewhere.

So what rhymes with Norman Fucking Rockwell?

Actually um ... the only phrase I can think of would get warning points, so never mind.

^ That's on Ben Duggan's IG story, for anyone wondering. 

I wonder what it's about ... hmmmmm

2ccmp8h.gif

I love how we have to sleuth her boyfriend to find out anything. They are super cute together, whatever it is.

This is from his:

o86n7r.jpg

And this is the other picture from Ben's story:

295wck9.jpg

Let the (over)analysis begin.

A lot of that photog's IG pics have a very industrial look/feel ... I'm going to guess that this is NFR related for that reason. But it might just be something of Chase's.

Articles today about her dating Moby ... articles tomorrow about her essentially confirming that she's dating Chase ...

She looks so fucking good. I still can't decide if the DT video and cover were recent or not, going by her hair here. I think the video might be recent ... had red nails in it

Pfffff those eyes kill me

I know, I feel like she's looking into my soul. "Ohhhhh, you're one of those bitches on that message board ..."

Interesting

CrrOkzl.jpg

giphy.gif

My goodness he's gorgeous. 

I'm glad her hair is still light colored. 

Pfffff those eyes kill me

Who's? His or hers? Because both have gorgeous eyes.  :heart:

It's not about owing, though. I mean, as I've pointed out ... she has festival dates in a month's time. In January, she said that she was going to cancel some festival dates, and she has failed to say anything else about it. Is she still cancelling them (which is what she said)? Did she change her mind, and now she isn't? We can't read her freaking mind. That bothers me way more than the album, and I'm not even attending those festivals. It costs $$$ to go to a festival (including travel, time off work, etc) and I know there are fans out there who aren't sure if they should buy tickets because of what she said. That translates to lost $$$ for organisers if fans go, "won't go, because idk if she's going" or lost $$$ for fans if they buy tickets and she cancels at the last minute.

Like that's a pretty shitty situation to create for your fans and for the organisers. If she personally doesn't want to post about it for whatever fucking reason, ask Interscope to, or something. Fuck.

In that case she probably needs to do what some celebrities do and get her management (or hire another person) to update her instagram account. It's obvious Lana isn't too keen of social media. Marina's manager updates her account from time to time. 

I'm guessing it must be more than a casual fling if she's putting him in her photo shoot (if that's what's happening).

Good for her. Hoping and praying it doesn't all go to hell

The thing is... you want the album, but the more you complain, the more you'll be upset, and the less you'll enjoy it, and you might not even like it because of how mad you are for the wait. So just move on and stop being mean towards Lana please. It's not even been 2 years since LFL. Other people wait way more (4 years between Pure Heroine and Melodrama for Lorde, 4 years between Cry Baby and K-12 for Melanie Martinez). If everything went perfectly with Lana, we'd be in Unicorn Land. Some people here claimed that Doin' Time was the song of the summer and blah blah blah, but they were already back at complaning 2 days after. This is going too far... We'll have NFR when Lana is ready to put it out, but in the meantime enjoy the rest of her beautiful discography. Like someone else said, the fact that the majority of her Instagram comments are people asking for the album probably pisses her off.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

I always got the impression it was about Barrie. Doesn’t he have like a white mustang fender guitar or something? And his record dropped during the time Lana was writing LFL. Never heard the G-Eazy theory for that song lol. But really who knows haha.

Isn't 'White Mustang' also a phallic double entendre? Seriously. That's how I've always interpreted it, and not because I necessarily wanted to. Something made the narrator love crazy, and could only his car and his album dropping have done that? 

giphy.gif

After everything she's been through I don't blame her if she quits the business or pulls a Kate Bush or Enya by just releasing music but never tours again. The moment Lana became "famous" she has been laughed at, criticized (SNL), attacked and bullied - even by other celebrities. Kim Gordon told Lana to go "kill herself already". Frances Cobain went on a twitter rampage attacking Lana. Then came the stalking. One "fan" broke into her beach house. Some other "fans" stole her cars. The two Russian "fan girls" who stalked Lana everywhere then threatened her - to the point she had to get a restraining orders. That one "fan" who wanted to kidnap her, rape her and strangle her so they "can be together forever".  She once said she was retiring in 2013. She must have been thinking about it many times after what's happened to her.

The woman needs a break.

Asking her about NFR in every post she posts on twitter or instagram probably makes her want to release the album even less. I wouldn't be surprised if she shelved the poetry book after the awful things people said in here about her poetry. I'm sure she reads here, it's not even a question. 

Remember, Lana is human and she has feelings. Be a little gentle that's all. 

Full agree. Imagine any of us going through all of that, and trying to remain sane and coherent. I have a hard enough time balancing my long, high-pressure work days, long commute, wardrobe (I have to wear a tie and at least a sports coat to work every day in addition to everything else), family life, dog, and the fact that my Spectrum cable keeps going out and I need to make time for a cable guy to come out and fix it again

Some people here claimed that Doin' Time was the song of the summer and blah blah blah, but they were already back at complaning 2 days after. 

just for the record, i still think doin' time is the "song of the summer" and am still head over heels for it; my current m.o. is to put it on repeat and then open up this thread and kick and scream and whine via my keyboard

i see your point tho

it's just the way i feel