Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

''Also just wanted to let you know I've written the most beautiful new songs. Can't wait to share more w u.''

''We have a collection of songs that I've sequenced and I really love.''

''In our first week I had two songs that I just though were maybe two of the best songs I've written.''

''I love it so much. I adore it. Love this album.''

''I am excited about this album.''

''It’s a really thoughtful album. It’s very pretty. I’m just happy it came out easily with no pressure.  It’s really important to work with somebody who says yes a lot and is open to more experimental sounds. I got lucky with him.''

---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ----------

When you know you have made your best album yet and a future classic  :flutter:

I genuinely think some people are overreacting about the "drought". Lana already dropped many songs (some of them already on her top best) and snippets like Mariner's Appartment Complex, Venice Bitch, Happiness Is a Butterfly and more, performed a new "country song" and How To Disappear. Now a cover. All in a short amount of time. It's like people are never fully satisfied. It's the Honeymoon era where NOTHING literally happened. And remember when she started to be more active on social media during the Lust For Life era and people thought it was weird and "out of character"?

I guess the thing that produces discontentment is the lack of big productions. I'm sure if she released a nice video for Venice Bitch and promoted it properly, her fans would be way happier than with just a bunch of loose songs. It's the "unofficialness" of it all that doesn't result in any sort of excitement. But it would be unfair to say there has been a lack of content coming from her.

Speaking for myself, I would've been fine with a legitimate "drought" for like a year or few and then followed by a cohesive album release, rather than what's she done here. To me, it's that she released a solid single, followed shortly by another solid single, and then an interview talking about the album, along with poetry and sailing and flying and whatever, and a perfume campaign, and a few performances, and another single... only to drop everything for nearly half a year. If she wanted the break - which is perfectly fine, and frankly what I had expected - then she should've taken the break between albums and not right after going full-steam into a new album release without actually releasing it.

It's kind of a cock-tease, to put it crudely.

i just remembered lana said hope took 3 years but also jack said it was like the first thing they did and it was recorded in one takehttps://mobile.twitter.com/jackantonoff/status/1083508601409454080

explains the production :creep:

She probably had the lyrics lined up for a while and was itching to record it, so they did it first thing.

@ everyone 

i dont think many people have an issue with the wait for the album, i myself dont mind the wait. i just think people (including myself) are tired of being left in the dark with nothing. lana needs to stop making promises that shes not keeping and ignoring fans just asking for one bit of news or being left with no explanation for being left in the dark

the whole "album out top of the year" situation is just so unprofessional and shows a complete disregard for fans when they're the ones paying your fuckin bills and for your gross matcha tea. im not trying to be negative im just saying i can be a stan and still call out lana for her bullshit

anyways

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

''Also just wanted to let you know I've written the most beautiful new songs. Can't wait to share more w u.''

''We have a collection of songs that I've sequenced and I really love.''

''In our first week I had two songs that I just though were maybe two of the best songs I've written.''

''I love it so much. I adore it. Love this album.''

''I am excited about this album.''

''It’s a really thoughtful album. It’s very pretty. I’m just happy it came out easily with no pressure.  It’s really important to work with somebody who says yes a lot and is open to more experimental sounds. I got lucky with him.''

---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ----------

When you know you have made your best album yet and a future classic  :flutter:

This was painful to be reminded :S 

Speaking for myself, I would've been fine with a legitimate "drought" for like a year or few and then followed by a cohesive album release, rather than what's she done here. To me, it's that she released a solid single, followed shortly by another solid single, and then an interview talking about the album, along with poetry and sailing and flying and whatever, and a perfume campaign, and a few performances, and another single... only to drop everything for nearly half a year. If she wanted the break - which is perfectly fine, and frankly what I had expected - then she should've taken the break between albums and not right after going full-steam into a new album release without actually releasing it.

It's kind of a cock-tease, to put it crudely.

Girl I wouldn't have even cared!

When she announced she was working on a new album I was honestly taken by surprise. LFL still felt so new & fresh to me! I really didn't expect another album so soon. I was excited, of course, but I could have easily gone a full year without even thinking about LDR6. I'm not used to getting new music from my favorite artists that frequently. Or new music at all, considering most of them are either dead or retired. Waiting 3-5 years for a new album feels 100% normal to me. And if she had announced she felt the need to take a break for a while, that would have been fine. If she had said NFR would be coming somewhere around 2020, I would have accepted that and acted accordingly -i.e. moved on with my life. But she didn't do any of these things, sadly.

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

Okay but this needs to be added to the "lies" thread post-haste

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Machine Gun Kelly is releasing his new album soon... I know he scrapped what he had done before, but I wonder if it includes the Lana collab as well.
If not, I guess a new song with her could be on the way?!?!? 
(I didn't think the production of the snippet sounded that bad, honestly and I know, it's a long shot, and a desperate one lol)

Girl I wouldn't have even cared!

When she announced she was working on a new album I was honestly taken by surprise. LFL still felt so new & fresh to me! I really didn't expect another album so soon. I was excited, of course, but I could have easily gone a full year without even thinking about LDR6. I'm not used to getting new music from my favorite artists that frequently. Or new music at all, considering most of them are either dead or retired. Waiting 3-5 years for a new album feels 100% normal to me. And if she had announced she felt the need to take a break for a while, that would have been fine. If she had said NFR would be coming somewhere around 2020, I would have accepted that and acted accordingly -i.e. moved on with my life. But she didn't do any of these things, sadly.

Thank you! You summed up how I feel with this era. 

When she first teased HIaB, there were rumors that LDR6 would be a mix of new songs and unleaded ones from previous eras. So I thought it was coming somewhere in the spring last year or early summer... Then summer went, no album on the horizon,I realized that the plans had changed, that it was probably a full LP made of new songs, so I let it go and went on with my life... until September and her double release, which surprised me again. With all the snippets in October, I thought the album would be out by February... and it goes on and on. if I had not known an album was being made, if she just had dropped singles, I wouldn't have had any hopes of any sorts. 

I just hope NFR is finally out by September. Next time, she should do like most singers / bands do: a 4 or 5 month pre-release period, not this stretched limbo of almost 12 months. 

@ everyone 

i dont think many people have an issue with the wait for the album, i myself dont mind the wait. i just think people (including myself) are tired of being left in the dark with nothing. lana needs to stop making promises that shes not keeping and ignoring fans just asking for one bit of news or being left with no explanation for being left in the dark

the whole "album out top of the year" situation is just so unprofessional and shows a complete disregard for fans when they're the ones paying your fuckin bills and for your gross matcha tea. im not trying to be negative im just saying i can be a stan and still call out lana for her bullshit

anyways

I’ll laugh if when the album comes out and someone calls her out on the “top of the year” statement she made - let’s say... in an interview - and she gets irritated or acts like she doesn’t know what they’re talking about.  :toofunny:

Lana: Oh my God, sometimes I just say random things in interviews, I don’t remember saying that. *giggles*  :smile2:

interviewer: But you also said in a livestream back in January that the album was done, and fans have responded to us saying they were a bit confused as to why you became quiet about it after.

Lana: Well...   :erm:  See, it's sort of funny actually- I promised myself that I'd focus on becoming an "insta baddie" or vlogger or whatever...  :thumb3: Yeah, it sounds stupid, but I've been having fun, and hanging out with friends. I actually tweeted about it as a joke, but it turned out to be a... nice distraction... uh... I don't know I was just going with what felt right and even though I loved the album, I wanted it to happen on my own terms. Because everything usually came out before it's set date or got misconstrued during previous, um, album releases, but this time I wanted it to feel different.

interviewer: Speaking of those tweets, you said you wanted to "strengthen relationship with God". I know you said it was light-hearted, but is that why you were spotted at Hillsong?

Lana: Yeeeahhh, actually I know there were certain things that the fans were upset about and that was one of them... but I was...  :tsk:  really trying to find myself. A friend of mine, she was actually someone I've been hanging out with a lot recently, invited me to go to their services and yeah... I don't know it's a tough subject and it is what it is. People will think what they want to think.  :whatever: I wanted this project to speak for itself and I wanted to do things that could bring positive change. As silly as that sounds.  :really:

That “can’t wait to share more with u” stings at this point for sure. This is exactly why we are upset. It seemed so imminent a few months ago.

I'm not 100% sure but saw somewhere that White Mustang was on the Once Upon A Time In Hollywood soundtrack.

Who in their right mind would put White Mustang in a decent movie let alone Quentin Tarantino

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

Regarding Moby, she did say she ‘had slept with a lot of people in the industry and it never me anywhere.’ That’s a close paraphrase.

BaaZNtG.png

"which is annoying" :rip: