Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Being a Lana stan is the worst. Everything is a mindfuck.

Didn't Interscope say that a lead single would be coming (this was after Hope is a Dangerous Thing...). Where is that single?

I get this is low-key, but you still have to promote, to what degree is debatable, but still. Interscope is like "Yeah, don't do anything bitch. We cool with that. We just spent mad cash on you, but don't do shit. That works". I find that hard to believe.

What I don't get is the indie vibes she wants her albums to have, like she wants to be low-key, and that's fine. But then she does a song with Ariana and Miley for a big ass movie? And a high budget video? Like WTF? 

I could go either way with the date.

August 16th seems legit because of Taylor. She will dominate the first few weeks. So, they probably want Lana to get her #1.

August 30th seems legit because it gives more time to build up buzz and the Charlie's Angels song will probably quickly follow to add some promotion.

But my head hurts now.

i hope we get a target edition like with LFL where there’s a cute little poster inside

i hope we get a target edition like with UV where there's a cute little new song inside

It's only my dark city, only my new man...

#NoFapUntilNFRIsReleasedChallenge anyone in? :derpna:

The fuck I'm doing NF for real and I'm very active on their forum so when I saw this post on here my mind completely bugged out

ZKcaooE.png

cuz you’re just a man...

it’s just what you do...

your head in your hands as you color me bLuuUuuuUuUue!!!

we get to hear that masterpiece in full next month omg. catch me crying to the title track.

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

cuz you’re just a man...

it’s just what you do...

your head in your hands as you color me bLuuUuuuUuUue!!!

we get to hear that masterpiece in full next month omg. catch me crying to the title track.

gonna be the best song on it mark my words

Next month we gonna be listening to Lana's magnum opus and we gonna be also cyberbullying Born To Die stans for all the shit they've been talking this past year. Should be fun.

She always releases something right before the release though, usually along with the preorder comes a new song. Just like she did with Summer Bummer, Groupie Love, Terrence Loves You and Salvatore. It’s just a part of the whole release campaign

Exactly every era has multiple promo singles:

Born To Die: Video Games, Blue Jeans, Born To Die, Off To The Races and Carmen

Paradise: Blue Velvet, Ride and Burning Desire

Ultraviolence: West Coast, Shades Of Cool, Ultraviolence and Brooklyn Baby

Honeymoon: High By The Beach, Music To Watch Boys To, Terrence Loves You and Honeymoon

Lust For Life: Love, Lust For Life, Coachella, Summer Bummer and Groupie Love

Norman Fucking Rockwell: Mariners Apartment Complex, Venice Bitch and Hope Is A Dangerous Thing...

I think it's safe to assume we'll get another song with the pre-order, her label will want some buzz, I imagine the title track or Happiness...

When we get the tracklist with the real titles, I hope nobody makes drama saying that she scrapped songs

flashbacks to "Yosemite has been retitled to Get Free"

what's lana's best single

I mean, as a single, it could be Video Games, Young and Beautiful, Summertime Sadness... great hooks, laidback fresh production, good quotable lyrics, relatively short songs, amazing melodies.

Her best song that happened to be a single though that is another thing. I still think West Coast is LDR's best track.

I don't want to be melodramatic but I'm so goddamn excited and nervous for NFR to be released because Lana is literally the only thing that's strong enough to WAKE ME UP. Y'all know I have a lot of mental issues and everytime I got a little bit better was because of Lana. Born to Die made me go further in music production, Ultra helped me go through the worst year ever, Honeymoon was perfectly released right when I was in a very 'isolated' state of mind, LFL made me understand so fucking many things and it made me do some CHANGES, when I saw her live I was the happiest in my entire life for a good few months... and now I know Norman will have a big impact on my life ESPECIALLY because I analyze music so so deeply... It will keep me entertained and I know the lyrics will resonate a lot :defeated: :defeated: :poordat: