Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

Dear user,

I am not a child to fight random internet forum members. 

I stated my opinion and you can like it or not.

but please DO NOT quote me with such childish suggestions as fight me & co. as they are beyond silly to me. 

Thank you

and have a great week-end.

Look at his user name. It was a joke. Maybe you should start to take things less serious, starting with yourself.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

does anybody else have a few odd lyrics they wish they could alter on NFR??? i mean i know lana is the artist and i'm merely the listener  :hooker:  but there's a few little things i really wish i could alter

like in HTD: "you just crack another beer and pretend that you're still here" - the song is all about escapism and disappearing, so wouldn't it make more sense for the lyrics to be "you just crack another beer and pretend that you're not here"?

Because that's the idea behind that verse. He pretends he's here for her, but he really isn't.

She meets him and tells him about her problems, she appreciates the way he takes her serious and listens to what she has to say. But he's not REALLY going to be there if she needs him, he just comforts her and acts as if he would help her through her struggle. They probably once were that close but by now, their friendship has started to fade. And that's how he disappears from her life - step by step.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

A lot of fans seem to put LFL at the bottom when it comes to ranking her title tracks... Meanwhile I used one of the lines from the song as my college yearbook quote

Impecable taste sis!

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

Dear user,

I am not a child to fight random internet forum members. 

I stated my opinion and you can like it or not.

but please DO NOT quote me with such childish suggestions as fight me & co. as they are beyond silly to me. 

Thank you

and have a great week-end.

sis....

X4qQmDT.png

I wish she had came for one of the ugly male reviewers that wrote much shorter and obviously more hateful articles than Ann Powers with all of her boring friends coming out to defend her. Both that article and the more hateful ones avoid talking about the actual music as much as possible (which... why be a music reviewer... if you'd rather be an stanford-reject celebrity reviewer) but Power's 'review' was much more meandering and not as misogynistic. I hate that it's being framed like she's a child- we all know she's a sucker for positive attention, but who isn't? But she should have thrown a different reviewer under the spotlight.

locals only

A lot of fans seem to put LFL at the bottom when it comes to ranking her title tracks... Meanwhile I used one of the lines from the song as my college yearbook quote

wow i am so sorry, you could always block it out with a sharpie

apart from the lyrics, is there any other difference between the demo & final version of BAR?

(also I'd appreciate if someone links me to the demo in the highest quality)

Yeah, I'm curious about this too. Has anyone synched them or anything to see how much of the production or vocals have changed? Are the new lyrics just punch-ins (sloppy or otherwise)?

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Yeah, I'm curious about this too. Has anyone synched them or anything to see how much of the production or vocals have changed? Are the new lyrics just punch-ins (sloppy or otherwise)?

I think some HTD-esque bells have been added or something

locals only

Fourth #1 record in the UK!! :thankyou:

48688658263_b254873d37_c.jpg

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

lol what is it

Why are we disputing over this when she clearly sang "beautiful losers" in this video live

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzlE2TehcMN/

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

Thinking about the seagulls at the end of Get Free being the first taste we ever got of BIRD WORLD

BIRD WORLD LEAKED

i am the queen of the universe. the waves part, and they engulf me, and the water is warm.   

https://onlineparades.bandcamp.com/album/sure-jan