Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

i like NFR well enough, i just dont listen to it that much.  Lana is going thru her own journey; we cannot expect her to fulfill any expectations or whatever. let the bitch live, and if the music isnt doing it for you, move on to another artist. i heard someone say - make the art you want to experience

what's really wrong bb @13bitches

The title track is garbage :creep:

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

Can we make it a thing where people on tik tok do the cinnamon challenge to Cinnamon Girl playing in the background and she gets loads of streams as a result?

Queen Of Disaster is still pretty popular on tik tok. There is a new lyric video which has gained 2.1mln views in 22 days.

giphy.gif

Queen Of Disaster is still pretty popular on tik tok. There is a new lyric video which has gained 2.1mln views in 22 days.

also meet me in the pale moonlight is blowing up for some reason (the "hello-o-o u are looking so fine so fine" part lol)

She really captured early morning commuting with Bartender. It's just past 7 in the morning and moving through the rainy city with less people and quiet cars at low light - nothing fits better!

I actually feel like the tracklist is perfectly placed as a 'day in the life' experience like some users said over the past few months. Norman, Mariners and Venice early morning - Venice outro, Fuck it, Doin time going out at noon, Love song, Cinnamon and How to disappear are SO 4-6pm... etc

hope is obviously when you're finally in bed

I actually feel like the tracklist is perfectly placed as a 'day in the life' experience like some users said over the past few months. Norman, Mariners and Venice early morning - Venice outro, Fuck it, Doin time going out at noon, Love song, Cinnamon and How to disappear are SO 4-6pm... etc

hope is obviously when you're finally in bed

I see where ur going, and how that is, but, just for me anyway. I personally see HIADT* during the day, makes the white light of the sun and everything under it seem colder. The title track, when everything's yellow before sunset. Venice, when the skies are hovering over sunset, pewter clouds and some shade of salmon, like the skies are burning.

Love song, early around sunrise. The sun still looks like a giant egg yolk. I don't like listening to HtD atm.. Cinnamon, FIILY, same time around Venice. Cinnamon, at the transition time.

The title track is garbage :creep:

mm. maybe I'm biased bc I do love the track, and how reminiscent it is w some other music I also like listening to, too but, I do get why you'd say that still ngl I can hear it as well. I think the midpoint comes at, or between the discomfort and strange ease behind the track. Have ya had a moment w it yet tho?

UV/Honeymoon

mm. maybe I'm biased bc I do love the track, and how reminiscent it is w some other music I also like listening to, too but, I do get why you'd say that still ngl I can hear it as well. I think the midpoint comes at, or between the discomfort and strange ease behind the track. Have ya had a moment w it yet tho? 

you're not biased at all. the song is actually amazing.

I’m glad a lot of people here are finding NFR the album to be the bland, half-baked, soggy pancake that it is. It’s third-rate.

It’s amazing to me how much style, content, ease and control she had with unreleased tracks like ‘Angels Forever,’ ‘Hollywood,’ ‘JFK,’ ‘Last Girl on Earth’ and ‘Live or Die,’ and yet half or more of NFR is pure crap, just badly written and/or badly produced, and THIS is what she chooses to release.

As I told one friend here, with NFR, I am sure my major LDR period is over—it’s become a never-ending process of diminishing returns.

I have been listening to tracks by Lord Huron from Vide Noir, like ‘When the Night is Over’ and ‘Emerald Star,’ and they’re vastly more engaging, moving and beautifully produced than the almost-completely flaccid NFR.

Not Live or Die being used to drag NFR :rip:

I mean that song is a bop but

Why would someone say NFR has her saddest song? Like how. LFL has heroin, but more importantly Honeymoon has THE BLACKEST DAY! Those are sadder than anything on here.

say what you want about norman fucking rockwell but... bartender is a HIGHLIGHT... what a nice song

It is not in my Top 3 Songs of NFR but this song aged like fine wine

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Why would someone say NFR has her saddest song? Like how. LFL has heroin, but more importantly Honeymoon has THE BLACKEST DAY! Those are sadder than anything on here.

The Greatest is one of her saddest songs... Maybe not THE saddest, but it's got to be top 5. 

Hope is sure sad, but there's still, well, hope at the end of it to soften it up. 

The Greatest is one of her saddest songs... Maybe not THE saddest, but it's got to be top 5. 

Hope is sure sad, but there's still, well, hope at the end of it to soften it up. 

I don't think any song on NFR! is sad per se. Lana is so extensive and particular with emotions. I'd rather be more specific. For instance, I find 'hope' as devastating yet, obviously, hopeful. 'The greatest' is shock, brutal, disappointment - it does feel like she's telling the truth. My dad (who doesn't speak English) said the other day "I don't know what she's singing about but it sounds like she's saying something important". I think the "saddest", as in just simple old sadness, is 'Cinnamon Girl'.

Her saddest tracks I feel are 'Black Beauty' and 'Flipside', among others. There is literally no solution in 'Black Beauty'.