Elle

LDR7 / White Hot Forever - Pre-Pre-Release Thread - OUT SEPTEMBER 5TH, 2020

I liked the snippet game in the LFL era. She had teased six tracks other than the singles and we had a couple of nice surprises (Heroin, Get Free, 13 Beaches...). I also like that all songs teased in snippet form do make it into a record (except RBFY, but she did say it wouldn’t make the LFL cut - still don’t know to this day why she teased a beautiful song we’ll never get to hear in the near future).

But the NFR era was something else. In October, when she teased many of the songs, I really thought the damn album was coming sooner than what we had. Plus the HTD demo that changed completely... So yeah, an album trailer or just a lead single or no single at all, and the total surprise when the album drops.

Β 

I agree. I feel like maybe if the roll out of the album had been more concise and planned out, maybe the snippets and teasing wouldn't have been so bad. Alas, she teased the album for over a year. By the time the album came out, I had already lost much interest in it.

i have a feeling jack will be the only producer, all the rick songs on nfr were made right after lfl i think before she started working with jack and she just threw them on there because she had them, we know originally nfr was gonna be 11 tracks so she probably added doin time, tnbar and california (song she made with her band) last minute

i love you, but you don't understand me.

Honestly I don’t even want singles. I did yesterday but nah. Keep them. Just give me the whole album when it’s ready and you’re ready to drop it.

Β 

If that’s Sept 5, good. Give me it then

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Honestly I don’t even want singles. I did yesterday but nah. Keep them. Just give me the whole album when it’s ready and you’re ready to drop it.

Β 

If that’s Sept 5, good. Give me it then

same i dont want a single then she makes us wait 1 year to get the rest of the album which would most definitely happenΒ 

i love you, but you don't understand me.

can we talk about how lana lied AGAIN and she did not surprise drop the album but announced its release date

Β 

i'm not even surprised anymore...and I do not think this album will come in Sept either. Unless she is misleading us and she's actually talking about the spoken word album. I do not think we will get news for months now unfortunately.Β 

same i dont want a single then she makes us wait 1 year to get the rest of the album which would most definitely happenΒ 

Β 

i'm not listening to snippets or singles this time around! fool me once, won't fool me twice!

I wonder if to her, when she said surprise release, if she meant no promo.... bc she told us the release date, unless it comes on Sept 4 or any other time before Sept 5 and we're surprised.

Β 

And no promo meaning no cover art shown, no singles, no videos, etc

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

i have a feeling jack will be the only producer, all the rick songs on nfr were made right after lfl i think before she started working with jack and she just threw them on there because she had them, we know originally nfr was gonna be 11 tracks so she probably added doin time, tnbar and california (song she made with her band) last minute

She said FIILY was the last song recorded for the album though; I'd say Doin' Time, FIILY, and I'm not sure what the other one would be

Didn't she say she already had 3 songs done before she met Jack? (Bartender, California, TNBAR?)

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

can we talk about how lana lied AGAIN and she did not surprise drop the album but announced its release date

Either it’s her version of « surpriseΒ releaseΒ Β», as in « no snippets, or her record company didn’t think it was as good strategy after all?

Β 

Or she can’t keep her mouth shut as usual. Anyways,

It’s going to go by very quickly if the date doesn’t change. I’m still not over NFR and still play it almost daily.

Also, i wonder if this'll have a similar sound to the final product of NFR! or if it'll somehow sound kind of like it originally did.

Β 

She also said she wanted to do something with the demo lyrics of NFR so we might see that appear on this album.

giphy.gif

this all feels so surreal i remember nobody was over ultraviolence once she had announced music to watch boys toΒ 

Β 

that's because she announced music to watch boys to the day uv droppedΒ  :makeup:

giphy.gif

LeAkEd TrAcKlIsT

Β 

pRoBlEmAtIc fEaT cOuRtNeY lOve & aZeAlIa BaNkS

nOt NoT a FeMeNiSt

LeT mE lOvE u LiKe a CiS wOmAn

N wOrD rIgHtS fEaT aSaP rOcKy & pAtTi SmItH

fUcK oFf StIcKs

CaNcElLeD

iNstA bAdDiE

qUeEn Of tIkToK

wHoReS oN tHe RaDiO

hApPy MoThErS dAy (I hAtE u MoM)

pAtTy Is ThE nEw KaReN

dIlLaRdS dReSs

HiLlSoNg

JaCk'S mAgIcK fInGeRs

aBoUt ThE cUlTuRe

WhItE rOsA pArKs FeAt MaDoNnA

qUarAnTeEn ArMy

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

LeAkEd TrAcKlIsT

Β 

pRoBlEmAtIc fEaT cOuRtNeY lOve & aZeAlIa BaNkS

nOt NoT a FeMeNiSt

LeT mE lOvE u LiKe a CiS wOmAn

N wOrD rIgHtS fEaT aSaP rOcKy & pAtTi SmItH

fUcK oFf StIcKs

CaNcElLeD

iNstA bAdDiE

qUeEn Of tIkToK

wHoReS oN tHe RaDiO

hApPy MoThErS dAy (I hAtE u MoM)

pAtTy Is ThE nEw KaReN

dIlLaRdS dReSs

HiLlSoNg

JaCk'S mAgIcK fInGeRs

aBoUt ThE cUlTuRe

WhItE rOsA pArKs FeAt MaDoNnA

qUarAnTeEn ArMy

I got a stroke while reading this

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song.Β It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Β 

wait do we know if the September 5 album release is for LDR7 or is it the spoon word album? thoughts?

She mentioned the two poetry books in which she would for sure discuss the topics from the post and then one album in which we could MAYBE find tinges of it as well so I'm thinking she's talking about LDR7. It also fits the 12-13 months she gave us.Β 

Β 

The only thing that worries me is september 5th being a saturday... I guess we'll see in a few months.Β