Elle

"Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass" Spoken Word Poetry Album - Pre-Release Thread

In 2019 she explicitly said she hopes to release it "next year" (2020) obviously as this example shows she is not always to be trusted but maybe we could get it by October. I don't think it's out of the question.

True, she is shit with with time lol. I Don’t expect Violet before spring.

No matter how « good » or « toxic » is her current BF, I hope she sticks with him while making this record: imagine an « entire » album about falling in love awwww

What a disappointment. Mostly just annoyed she waited till today to tell us it’s delayed. My guesses are either 1) part of the poetry album was stolen and she was hoping she’d get it back in time, 2) she’s afraid it could hurt her Grammy campaign and needs to wait til after, 3) she never worked the plans out properly with her label so they want to find a way to make it more marketable first. Hopefully the delay means physical copies and not that this is scrapped. I do think she should have told us before today though. Maybe it’s passive aggressive after hers and Chuck’s stuff were stolen (someone did predict she might hold this album hostage because of it). Hopefully it’s just waiting til after the Grammys or til physical copies are ready. But maybe I’m being optimistic with those options.

After the NFR fiasco, I tend to believe it’s number 3. She still hasn’t learned not to keep her mouth shut until there’s Absolute Certainty about a release date. Her continued practice of speaking casually about such things reflects immaturity and perhaps even a little personal pleasure in playing Cat & Mouse with her fans.

After the NFR fiasco, I tend to believe it’s number 3. She still hasn’t learned not to keep her mouth shut until there’s Absolute Certainty about a release date. Her continued practice of speaking casually about such things reflects immaturity and perhaps even a little personal pleasure in playing Cat & Mouse with her fans.

Either that or she has ADHD and can't control herself. By now, she should have learned from her many past mistakes to shut up... Or maybe she doesn't get that we will take her word for everything or that she is a big artist with lots of fans and that she can't do as she pleases all the time? I never know, with her...

At least, we know she is working on it and it is «simply» delayed. I can live with delayed rather than a scrapped project.

Lana is one of those bitches who always arrives one hour late to any place.

edit: wait nvm she does that at her concerts :toofunny:

"Some days are for falling in love with people, some days for cities, and some for your time in solitude."

Either that or she has ADHD and can't control herself. By now, she should have learned from her many past mistakes to shut up... Or maybe she doesn't get that we will take her word for everything or that she is a big artist with lots of fans and that she can't do as she pleases all the time? I never know, with her...

At least, we know she is working on it and it is «simply» delayed. I can live with delayed rather than a scrapped project.

Agreed. But the whole NFR rollout and my disappointment with the final release of it suggest to me that my major LDR period is over. I have been a rabid fan since BTD but haven’t listened to any of her music in months.

I am glad she’s getting acclaim for NFR, but I personally don’t feel it is deserved and certainly not close to being her best. I still look forward to what she releases, but I can tell I have gone from Stan to Fan to Less Than A Fan at this point.

Lana is one of those bitches who always arrives one hour late to any place.

edit: wait nvm she does that at her concerts :toofunny:

1 hour if it's very important, 3+ hours if it's just a family party or general meeting

Either that or she has ADHD and can't control herself. By now, she should have learned from her many past mistakes to shut up... 

LANA I’m so ADHD, you’d never know, but I cannot stay still.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/elton-john-lana-del-rey-musicians-on-musicians-cover-902354/

:creep:

this makes me think it’s being mastered. like the audio files themself are actually being cleaned up and taking longer to clean up. if it was just her reading her poems and shit, it could easily be recorded one day and released the next so give that she’s taking an extra MONTH.

i wonder how she’s going to do it. is it going to be one long 30-40 minute track? will it be separated by poem/track? will there be backing noises/instruments or will it just simply be her reading them? will she have an introduction to the whole thing?

inb4 it’s honeymoon hotline quality voicemail recordings.... -_-

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

this makes me think it’s being mastered. like the audio files themself are actually being cleaned up and taking longer to clean up. if it was just her reading her poems and shit, it could easily be recorded one day and released the next so give that she’s taking an extra MONTH.

i wonder how she’s going to do it. is it going to be one long 30-40 minute track? will it be separated by poem/track? will there be backing noises/instruments or will it just simply be her reading them? will she have an introduction to the whole thing?

I could be horribly mistaken, but I see the whole month thing as «I'll work on it between other projects i have been attached too and that were planned in advance in my January calendar»

Hopefully individually that way you can pick out certain ones.

Tbh this is what I’m hoping. This is my beacon of hope. I mean, NFR was supposed to be a low key release but ended up having a hundred different vinyls and cassettes and an ice cream truck n shit. Especially with NFR’s acclaim, I could see her label wanting to make this spoken word album as profitable as possible. Maybe some extra mixing to clean it up. Maybe physical copies. Maybe they’ll get her to do a high budget video lol. For all we know, her label could be trying to get her to add a couple songs between poems to release as singles. Also I bet it’ll be released on a Friday like regular releases. But yeah I could see her label listening to files of her speaking over white noise and being like “lol no way” and wanting it a little more produced.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

oh my fucking god my eyes got literally watery...

it's like when my computer was robbed and i lost all of my own music... and i had it only on that hard drive... :(

i don't even think there's a record label behind this at this point especially if she just came up with the idea to release this as an album in late december so we don't even know if she has funding for this or if she has to organise this herself.

additionally this is such a niche side project like this is definitely not getting anything near album treatment when it comes to its release.

i76mrxw.png 

Watch her not release it in "about a month" either

oh yeah, i believe her and feel bad for this but it's not coming next month anyway.