Elle

"Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass" Spoken Word Poetry Album - Pre-Release Thread

Violet has given us all the definitive proof that Lana could have done ‘Howl’, but Ginsberg could never get anywhere near to the majesty of “my life is my poetry, my lovemaking is my legacy.”

same energy as:

m4BgaRP.jpg

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

Violet is amazing. It's so genuinely weird. No other girl is doing shit like this, or would ever have the freedom to. I hope she continues down this rabbit hole with Chemtrails. I want Lana and Jack to let their freak flags fly.

i'm so happy to finally hear it in completion. i really appreciate how raw and personal she gets in this. i feel like you learn more about her with this album than you ever did with all of her 6 past albums. but sometimes she speaks so fast she almost sounds out of breath (rap album next?). and the instrumental can be a little loud at some points but other than that it's great. honestly i'd love to just fall asleep to this album, her voice is so soothing<3

Violet is amazing. It's so genuinely weird. No other girl is doing shit like this, or would ever have the freedom to. I hope she continues down this rabbit hole with Chemtrails. I want Lana and Jack to let their freak flags fly.

Definitely. I'm curious if other big named artists will follow suit and make their own audio/poetry book after seeing the success of this

i'm probs just gonna skim thru all the poems that aren't on the audiobook cause i'm not rlly a poetry type person but there's just something about her voice and these instrumentals on the audiobook that's so soothing

qfrWuBl.png

imagine, lana bringing a new life to poetry and revamping such an underrated, yet unique, and beautiful art form. i haven't even been able to listen to this yet, besides l.a, but i already know it's great. 

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

is there some sort of delay when it hits midnight? people from the UK on twitter saying its still not in their audible library...

i dont wanna wait any longer after midnight myself :defeated:

I’m a bit confused, will the audiobook be available through Spotify ? Or just LAWIATLY?

just the single unfortunately 

I don’t think it’s going to be on Spotify as it’s an audio book, only LA is on there as promo to buy the audiobook

Uk people help me please. It is the 28th here and I can't stream the book on Audible. Does anyone know where I can stream the book right now?

I got it on iTunes

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

I don’t think it’s going to be on Spotify as it’s an audio book, only LA is on there as promo to buy the audiobook

I got it on iTunes

Bun paying £15 for it, I've already spent bare on violet vinyl

I'm starting to think Audible is doing the release at the same time for everyone? Because I've seen comments wondering about it even though where they are is well into tomorrow already. So maybe it really is coming out 30 mins? I feel more convinced but maybe it's the delusion still

I'm starting to think Audible is doing the release at the same time for everyone? Because I've seen comments wondering about it even though where they are is well into tomorrow already. So maybe it really is coming out 30 mins? I feel more convinced but maybe it's the delusion still

omg wait im from the east coast and i just checked and it says 27 minutes till release!