Elle

62nd Annual Grammy Awards - General Discussion Thread

Let's face it production wise NFR! was pretty bland. Her next album needs to have a lot of fire like UV.

Β 

Her and Dan created next level magic. He pushed her to her ultimate creative high.

Β 

Jack Antonoff played it very safe with NFR. It was pretty basic compared to UV. NFR felt like a sonic regression because we know how much more Lana can achieve sonically. If anything UV deserved a Grammy Award. Hope she goes all out and creates a rock heavy album next with fire production by Dan Auerbach.

Β 

Fact are facts. To me, NFR has, and will forever, sound and feel like a watered down version of a Lana Del Rey album. We live in a time were critics have softened up to her and aren't as inclined to destroy her albums in reviews. It very much feels like they praised the crap out of the first record she puts out in a post-Lana Del Rey hate era. While pushing the narrative that "Lana Del Rey finally released a great album, look she's become one of the greats!". 2019 was bullshit. It was certainly a good album, but it was indeed pretty bland as opposed to her previous albums, it was also the least controversial of her albums as far as lyrics go for sure.Β 

Β 

However, NFR was better than most of the albums nominated for AOTY that's for sure. I've said it before, I'll say it again, Award Shows are nothing more than a political show where big industry players like to make people think they have a chance of winning some "important" achievement, and make those that win feel oh so important, when it's nothing more than a worthless piece of metal.

Β 

The Grammys showering Billie with awards to reinforce her industry plant status...Β  :rip:

At least she doesn't have to make room on her mantle for a Grammy; shit's already pretty crowded

Β 

AUKbc4f.jpg

Β 

#glasshalffull

Β 

in dark and difficult times like these, your posts are a blessing RormanΒ 

At least she doesn't have to make room on her mantle for a Grammy; shit's already pretty crowded

Β 

AUKbc4f.jpg

Β 

#glasshalffull

I don't know why... But when I look at her, I have the impression that this woman's house is a mess, with things scattered everywhere, clothes and shoes on the floor...

The kind of person who accumulates dirty dishes even the point of no longer having a single clean glass and having to drink water in a tea-cup.

Β 

My mind sometimes... Uh! lol

giphy.gif

Ahem....I think Lana’s album is better than Billies but I don’t think either of them are Grammy worthy

Β 

Kind of agree with you. The thing is that Lana receiving the grammy for NFR would have been a symbolical way of her finally being recognized and celebrated as an artist by the academy, so the album itself would've been the least important thing. Billie, on the other hand, won not less than 10 of them with just 18 years and a debut album that wasn't half as good as anything Lana has put out on her whole career -not that I hate Billie or her album, but Lana is and always has been on another league on artistic terms-. Even if the awards don't give any kind of objective measure of artistic value, and as critic as I've been towards Lana's behaviour -musical and not- since Lust for Life, I can't but feel sorry for her after what happened last night regarding the way the industry still behaves to her.

This is what I think IMHO

Β 

Lana IS recognized and even mentioned by many new artists as a big influence on their music and songwriting, the only problem is

she doesnΒ΄t get enough awards for it.

BUT we all know very well that these "awards" are usually bought by and manipulated by the big music corporations just like

what happens with the film Oscars.

Β 

Does anyone still remembers that rock-band from Canada called "RUSH" ?

The same happens with them.

-Β Β https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rush_(band)

They have been a band since 1968 and only stopped being a band when their drummer died this past january 2020. Neil Peart Rest in Peace.

But guess what?

They have been one of the most influential bands for THOUSANDS of musicians throughout the past 40 years!

The drummer and songwriter for this band has been voted numerous times as THE best drummer ever, sometimes only coming in

second place to John Bonham of the late Led Zeppelin fame.

Rush has a unique sound and music (some call it Prog-rock) but their FANS are DEVOTED to them for many years !, even tho they

hardly get awards.

Because they KNOW the band plays great music. Its just that the rest of the entire world has taken time to KNOW what

this band is all about.

As an example, it took YEARS for the Rock-N-Roll HAll of Fame to vote for them ! But now they are in after so many

years.

Hear what David Grohl (from Nirvana and the Foo Fighters) had to say about them....

Β 

Same thing had happened with that band "The PIXIES" - Never got an award - BUT they were very influential on SO MANY Bands and singers!

Β 

So if WE are FANS of Lana Del Rey, WE KNOW something beautiful that hardly anyone else knows. We KNOW that she is a GREAT Singer.

And she needs no awards.

Her time will come one day when all the young female singers (and male singers) will admit honestly that she was an inspiration to them all, because

without LANA DEL REY - music in the 21st century would not have been so great and wonderful.Β 

Β 

Time will tell.Β 

Just notice this recent publication....

Pitchfork went from rating her 2012 album "Born to Die" a 5.5/10 .... to naming her 2019 album "Norman F---ing Rockwell" as the 19th best album of the decade !!Β  :gclap:

-

This is what I think IMHO

Β 

Lana IS recognized and even mentioned by many new artists as a big influence on their music and songwriting, the only problem is

she doesnΒ΄t get enough awards for it.

BUT we all know very well that these "awards" are usually bought by and manipulated by the big music corporations just like

what happens with the film Oscars.

Β 

Does anyone still remembers that rock-band from Canada called "RUSH" ?

The same happens with them.

-Β Β https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rush_(band)

They have been a band since 1968 and only stopped being a band when their drummer died this past january 2020. Neil Peart Rest in Peace.

But guess what?

They have been one of the most influential bands for THOUSANDS of musicians throughout the past 40 years!

The drummer and songwriter for this band has been voted numerous times as THE best drummer ever, sometimes only coming in

second place to John Bonham of the late Led Zeppelin fame.

Rush has a unique sound and music (some call it Prog-rock) but their FANS are DEVOTED to them for many years !, even tho they

hardly get awards.

Because they KNOW the band plays great music. Its just that the rest of the entire world has taken time to KNOW what

this band is all about.

As an example, it took YEARS for the Rock-N-Roll HAll of Fame to vote for them ! But now they are in after so many

years.

Hear what David Grohl (from Nirvana and the Foo Fighters) had to say about them....

Β 

Same thing had happened with that band "The PIXIES" - Never got an award - BUT they were very influential on SO MANY Bands and singers!

Β 

So if WE are FANS of Lana Del Rey, WE KNOW something beautiful that hardly anyone else knows. We KNOW that she is a GREAT Singer.

And she needs no awards.

Her time will come one day when all the young female singers (and male singers) will admit honestly that she was an inspiration to them all, because

without LANA DEL REY - music in the 21st century would not have been so great and wonderful.Β 

Β 

Time will tell.Β 

Just notice this recent publication....

Pitchfork went from rating her 2012 album "Born to Die" a 5.5/10 .... to naming her 2019 album "Norman F---ing Rockwell" as the 19th best album of the decade !!Β  :gclap:

Seems pioneers of a new sound of music are never really accepted at the time then once it becomes popular and copied all the people who came after get the recognition and awards.

Β 

Same could be said in current hip-hop of Future and Young Thug, when both of them came out they were criticised and not really accepted, mocked for Future like slow mumbled emo sing-rapping and Young Thug for werird voices, lyrics, adlibs but then a few years pass and all of a sudden Post Malone(Future style), Migos(Young Thug style), Lil Baby, Gunna, Roddy Ricch etc are all highly acclaimed from the start and hyped up as new stars.

this is so disappointing, she really deserves to be a grammy winner ffs!! she looked so sad too which was awful to see… she better win at some point! weird that billie took home so many awards, i thought at least ariana would win something for thank u, next.Β 

Β 
they need to start submitting lana in the alternative album category, doesn’t she have a better chance at winning that?Β 

Cross-posting this here 'cause it's relevant:
Β 

Here's another reason why her bringing the cop to the Grammys was bad (and why she doomed herself to lose). From a 2009 Lake Placid area newspaper article about Lizzy (emphasis mine):
Β 

She credits St. Agnes Church of Lake Placid in helping push her toward music. Peggy Malone, a retired parish director of religious education, was not surprised that Grant ended up in the music business.
Β 
"She led the music at First Communion, and I guess she was 7 or 8 years old. (Her voice) was like an angel; she was uninhibited," Malone said. "I always kidded her, 'Don't forget where you got your start. So when you go for your Grammy Award, make sure I'm in the audience.' It was a running joke from when she was just a little girl."

Β 
#Justice4Peggy

Β 

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Β 

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

I’m starting to think Lana might win her first Grammy for her spoken word album. :toofunny:

Β 

Imagine tho...it’s honestly will be so humiliating to win for that instead of her actual music.

Β 

I think she'd love to have her art recognised in any form, and I don't think that that would be humiliating at all.Β 

Β 

Regarding her music, though - I really think this was her best chance. Like, if they're not going to give her one for her critically-acclaimed 6th album in what I thought was a relatively weak field, then they never will.Β 

Β 

Personally, I don't feel that she should give a single fuck, but unfortunately she probably does.Β 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

y'all acting like billie isn't a whole ass industry plant and her whole purpose isn't to snatch awards with the littlest effortΒ 

Β 

This, her parents are actors living in LA, if that doesnt ring a bell to you

Β 

She didnt won because she is young and talented, she won because she is a privileged white kid from LA with rich parents, luckily a brother that can afford her whole production and engineering (can you count how many artists can pull out that card in their debut?) and thats it. And unfortunately thats how the world works (and im not even a SJW or whatever).Β 

Β 

And i actually liked a couple songs from that album but naming it the album of the year is a fallacy when that fucking ariana album was everywhere man

Β 

But we know the Grammy are just a facade to promoting their own interests / white old hags agenda, yet what makes me mad is that people are treating her like the ultimate-supreme-inteligence musician because she won these awards..... The only thing I was happy about was Jacob Collier winning for his Moon River arrangement (but he's ANOTHER privileged spoiled kid so....)

According to TMZ, she was the only one there that signed autographs for her fans, even bringing pens with her to do so.

She really is a sweetheart to her fans <3

Β 

source please?