Beautiful Loser

Born to Die - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

What are your favourite tracks from Born To Die?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Born To Die?

• Born to Die
    • Off to the Races
    • Blue Jeans
    • Video Games
    • Diet Mountain Dew
    • National Anthem
    • Dark Paradise
    • Radio
    • Carmen
    • Million Dollar Man
    • Summertime Sadness
    • This Is What Makes Us Girls
    • Without You
    • Lolita
    • Lucky Ones

I don't know what happened but I have a new obsession with Diet Mountain Dew :trisha::dance:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

On 8/12/2023 at 2:21 PM, Embach said:

I struggled with the meaning too at first but I think the simplest explanation for it is that when sun rises, the stars leave - the stars never really see the sun, they just "disappear" in the morning and vice versa (at first I used to think that the line was a metaphor for suicide, because in the morning the stars have disappeared). 

For me just...the stars never see the sun anymore. It's kinda like Minecraft...

Reveal hidden contents

Tag-Nacht-Rhythmus.gif

I see it like.. the stars and sun coexist at the same time, but they are never together. So, like, knowing somebody is out there and knowing you’ll never see them and missing them forever 

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

Happy 12th Birthday to this iconic legendary album that's Born To Die! An album and era to remember! Monumental and world-changing album, something that people will still talk about in 500 years! :thankyou:

url%5D

Happy 12 year Born to Die anniversary

trisha-btd-trisha-cry-btd.gif

The timeless stunning groundbreaking classic that you are :gurl:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

I want to take this moment to say that Blue Jeans is still so breathtaking to me. It's one of Lana's best songs ever and it will remain that way forever. I don't know what possessed her to come up with such incredible and timeless melodies; every word fits perfectly and her delivery is so cathartic. I have always loved the guitar plucking, the fast trip hop beat and the tragic strings. And again, her vocal delivery is insane. If I had to choose one song from this era that still sounds like the first time, it's Blue Jeans.

Lana Del Rey - Blue Jeans (Official Video)

Happy birthday to Born To Die! This album is such a cultural reset and will remain iconic for centuries to come. This album is more addictive than cocaine and I could listen to it over and over and over again and not get tired. Born To Die will always have a special place in my heart. Almost no one can make a debut album so impactful and beautiful that still remains relevant 12 years later like Lana does :kiss:

2bfdb5f27c0411b17e7345642d0743ba99f47af0
 𝓟𝓾𝓽 𝓶𝓮 𝓸𝓷𝓽𝓸 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓫𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓴 𝓶𝓸𝓽𝓸𝓻𝓬𝔂𝓬𝓵𝓮

𝓕𝓲𝓯𝓽𝓲𝓮𝓼 𝓫𝓪𝓫𝔂 𝓭𝓸𝓵𝓵 𝓭𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓶𝔂 '𝓘 𝓭𝓸' 

𝓘𝓽 𝓸𝓷𝓵𝔂 𝓽𝓪𝓴𝓮𝓼 𝓽𝔀𝓸 𝓱𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓼 𝓽𝓸 𝓝𝓮𝓿𝓪𝓭𝓪

⋆.˚⭒⋆.˚─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───⋆.˚⭒⋆.˚ 

Happy Birthday to this amazing album! When it came out it just kind of took over my life, I had never heard songs that beautiful! Ever since I heard Video Games Lana became my favorite artist :legend::grinds::wubna:  no one else could ever write Off To The Races or anything like it, no one ever has, except Lana :dance:

J7ydenn Lana Del Rey GIF - J7ydenn Lana Del Rey Honeymoon - Discover &  Share GIFs

dreaming away your life

Born to Die is literally the answer for the culture and this is THAT  album that any artist would like to make once for their career.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

She had one chance to show the whole world her art and she took it. Probably one of the most important album this century ,people will talk about it for ever,even when others currently "big" artist will be forgotten for a long time. Happy birthday BTD:kiss:

bGiqt9X.gif

nobody warns you before the fall

Happy birthday to you BTD ! :kiss:

12 years and a few months ago I was impatiently waiting for you. Finally when you came out, I was so happy to find in the first 6 tracks all the songs that I already knew, and to discover others.

You introduced Lana to the world for the best, even if the welcome was not so warm. All your critics of the time are looking awfully foolish by now.

Fantastic album !

12 years :ohsnap: where the hell does time go it felt like yesterday it was 10 years and then it felt crazy too. Coincidentally National Anthem has been stuck in my head the past 72 hours. Time to listen to the whole album + demos + outtakes in celebration

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95237ep20gi51lvjl437x