Elle

"Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass" Spoken Word Poetry Album - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass  

295 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite poems from "Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass?"

• LA Who am I to Love You
    • The Land of 1000 Fires
    • Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass
    • Past the Bushes Cypress Thriving
    • Salamander
    • Never to Heaven
    • Sportcruiser
    • Tessa DiPietro
    • Quiet Waiter Blue Forever
    • What Happened When I Left You
    • Happy
    • My Bedroom is a Sacred Place Now - There are Children at the Foot of My Bed
    • Paradise is Very Fragile
    • Bare Feet on Linoleum

This is all my dreams of Lana doing ASMR finally coming true. I've said it since the beginning love her speaking voice more than her singing voice, and you can imagine how much I love her singing voice

ZKcaooE.png

I listened to it all last night, will go for a second (or third?) round now, but wooooowwww it was a lot better than I thought! And some of them sounded pretty spooky! I truly enjoyed listening to this, can't wait to read the book as well and try to understand her thoughts. Now I just need to make up my mind if I should get the cream white vinyl or the green one, haha..!

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I was trying to decide my favourite and it kept changing until I got to a top 6 lmao. I love her poetry and voice sm :toofunny:

I believe one is an audiobook and the other is an e-book, but I can't remember which is which though someone discussed it on one of these threads not too long ago

I listened to it all last night, will go for a second (or third?) round now, but wooooowwww it was a lot better than I thought! And some of them sounded pretty spooky! I truly enjoyed listening to this, can't wait to read the book as well and try to understand her thoughts. Now I just need to make up my mind if I should get the cream white vinyl or the green one, haha..!

How awesome!! I was on a long drive tonight and got stuck in traffic and long lines at the drive thru on the way, which I appreciated, as it was a very magical time listening to each track. 

Also, I tried to listen to the final seconds of linoleum to hear her final words. I can hear her echoing "they love my stories" but not what she says after that. Does anyone know?

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I believe one is an audiobook and the other is an e-book, but I can't remember which is which though someone discussed it on one of these threads not too long ago

Alright thank you :)

although it's weird that it says it's 39 min long on both of the links... I guess the audiobook is the cheaper one

Edit: I'm on my phone and I don't know how to quote a post pls bear with me

Also, I tried to listen to the final seconds of linoleum to hear her final words. I can hear her echoing "they love my stories" but not what she says after that. Does anyone know?

"ppl love my jokes", shes repeating what the sampled woman is saying

image.png

So happy for those whos Audible worked, hopefully it works for everyone else soon. I got it off Google Play and had no issues last night. Also Tessa Dipietro, do you think its her that comes at Jim Morrison, or is that an aside from miss Lana herself? Its such a cute and real way to end the poem.

who else LOVES that shes actually using her speaking voice and you can hear her EMOTE instead of her marilyn monroe slow hollywood talk she tried so hard to do for so long. the facade has been wearing on her and I bet it felt refreshing for her to speak in her own voice

So happy for those whos Audible worked, hopefully it works for everyone else soon. I got it off Google Play and had no issues last night. Also Tessa Dipietro, do you think its her that comes at Jim Morrison, or is that an aside from miss Lana herself? Its such a cute and real way to end the poem.

It's Tessa.

That whole part/end is all Tessa

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif