Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

Just now, The Grants said:

idk why but i’ve been sensing a lot of users with probability of scatting please elizabeth take me off of this misery

i'm legit starting to not trust random new users :wtf2:

becoming the person i used to hate :oopna2: THAT'S fun to experience

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

I mean this in the best way possible: A lot of the songs from COTCC and BB are perfect background music when I just need something calming that will help me focus. 

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

35 minutes ago, taco truck said:

I am happy Jack is on the record just for the fact that the mixing on Blue Banisters (especially of the vocals) was sooooo messy. Jack can be boring but he is always polished:agree:

The mixing on NFR was an all-time low, the original tracks on Blue Banisters were actually decent. Jack and Laura Sisk can't mix for shit, I'm sorry like what?

I'm not trying to open this can of worm again, but the way he introduced us to her worst mixing--all this talk about NFR being her magnum opus, meanwhile it sounds like a metallic fart. Even Chemtrails was better in comparison. :scoff:

3 minutes ago, West Coast said:

The mixing on NFR was an all-time low, the original tracks on Blue Banisters were actually decent at best. Jack and Laura can't mix for shit, I'm sorry like what? I'm not trying to open up this can of worm again, but the way he introduced us to her worst mixing like all this talk about NFR being her magnum opus, meanwhile it sounds like a metallic fart. Even Chemtrails was better in comparison. :scoff:

Yes-chemtrails has the best mixing out of BB and NFR in the trilogy and I will not hear otherwise 

9 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

Yes-chemtrails has the best mixing out of BB and NFR in the trilogy and I will not hear otherwise 

I can agree that chemtrails has better mixing than Nfr, however, BB literally is the worst and not any upgrade compared to NFR or Chemtrails. I don't want to start a fight but even the screechy whispery high vocals on White Dress don't sound as jarring as the high vocals on Beautiful or Arcadia lol. It also constantly sounds like Lana has a weird static around her voice on BB, where her vocals sound a lot clearer on the past albums. I do also believe Drew Ericksons production sounds worse as well lol. Nothing really feels like a complete song on that album besides If You Lie Down With Me, Thunder, and Dealer. Sounds like a bunch of demos.

Tunnel is already a massive improvement to me though, which makes me excited!

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Just now, Motorcycle Love Divine said:

i'm now curious to see what colors y'all see for the previous albums just to see what matches 

Let me make a thread! :hottie:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

17 minutes ago, Motorcycle Love Divine said:

i'm now curious to see what colors y'all see for the previous albums just to see what matches 

Born to Die

Paradise

Ultraviolence

Honeymoon

Lust for Life

NFR!

Chemtrails Over The Country Club
Blue Banisters

Idk what I’ll do if DYK becomes my favorite album. I’ve been a honeymoon stan since i started listening to Lana and none of her past albums have topped it for me. BB was close, but not close enough. It’ll be like loosing my identity:trisha:

One year. Not my fav LDR track by any means, but definitely a huge grower.

I think that you taste like rock candy

Sweet like beaches leave me all sandy

Why do you leave me with watercolor eyes?

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

On 1/21/2023 at 2:09 PM, Surf Noir said:

that's actually not barrie in brooklyn baby, it's some guy named seth :barrie:

judge-shocked.gif

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

12 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

judge-shocked.gif

11 minutes ago, paris texas said:

i didn't know this but it actually makes sense? barrie's voice is very... scottish and brooklyn baby doesn't sound like that

yeah.......:bebe:

tbh she can make anyone's voice sound good paired with hers, for me it's more about how they're mixed & if the production makes them sound good together, so i do have some faith in the male vocals on the album... thinking about for free though but that feels more like a composition issue and less like a mixing issue

sUcVobB.png

6 hours ago, honeybadger said:

yeah.......:bebe:

tbh she can make anyone's voice sound good paired with hers, for me it's more about how they're mixed & if the production makes them sound good together, so i do have some faith in the male vocals on the album... thinking about for free though but that feels more like a composition issue and less like a mixing issue

LMAO at that guy's vocals