Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

Right now, we’re just friends,” he said of Del Rey. “We still talk and whatnot, we just have busy schedules right now." Lowkey happy that they are only friends now and not girlfriend and boyfriend anymore. Hopefully Lana is busy because she is working on the spoken word album or on LDR7.

Edit: I'm not the biggest fan of this Cop but I'm happy for Lana if she is in a happy relationship. And I hope that she will find the right person in the near future and can finally settle down with someone

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/19/style/sean-larkin-lana-del-rey.html

what in the fuck is this (they're still friends apparently but long distance wasn't working)

oh damn...well, I guess that's that

I do feel bad for her. The way he describes their relationship sounds like everything she's wanted for a long time. Lowkey coffee dates, beach hangouts, Target runs, Superbowl parties...like, that's what "normal" couples do. Her relationship with Sean was probably the most normal relationship she's had in years, and since we all know (speculate?) she eventually wants to get married, have a family, and settle down, she was probably hopeful this relationship was leading to that. I hope she's taking care of herself <3

and maybe we'll get a few masterpieces out of this

giphy-1.gif 

I assuming everyone here are huge Lana fans lol duh. But what other musicians or artists are you hard core massive fans of? Also before you knew Lana existed, who was your all time favorite artist? 

My favorite artists are Amy Winehouse, Janis Joplin, Janis Ian, Nina Simone, Carol king, Kurt Cobain, Marilyn Manson, Jim Morrison.  

When I was little my favorite artist was Janis Joplin, then Amy Winehouse, then Lana Del Rey. 

I was just curious about who inspires you guys the most. 

I assuming everyone here are huge Lana fans lol duh. But what other musicians or artists are you hard core massive fans of? Also before you knew Lana existed, who was your all time favorite artist? 

My favorite artists are Amy Winehouse, Janis Joplin, Janis Ian, Nina Simone, Carol king, Kurt Cobain, Marilyn Manson, Jim Morrison.  

When I was little my favorite artist was Janis Joplin, then Amy Winehouse, then Lana Del Rey. 

Hello and welcome.  I also like Lana Del Rey music, but

I am also here to recruit more people to listen to Milli Vanilli   :teehee:

giphy.gif

-

Hello! :)

Half of my heart is from Lana Del Rey (In every way! :D).

But...

I also like to hear Adele, Pearl Jam, Chris Cornell (Audioslave / Soundgarden), Metallica, Amy Winehouse, David Bowie, Joss Stone, Simon & Garfunkel, a-ha, Rihanna, Creedence, Bruce Springsteen...

giphy.gif

Anyone think Lizzy was inspired by Britney quite a bit? I've always thought some songs ("She's Not Me") give me Britney vibes, and today I was listening to "Early Mornin'" when I realized the breakdown is very Lizzy "I'll light your fire, your one desire / Pull on me, baby, and I'll take you higher (I wanna get with you)". People seem to think that "Put Your Lips Together" is reference to a 1944 film that Britney also got the line from for the bridge of "Breathe On Me", but isn't more likely that Lana got it from Britney?

I know Britney's a bit more pop than Lana seems to have been into in her early years, but I think it's really possible that as she was trying to make a more upbeat pop sound in 2010 that she was taking a bit of influence from some of Britney's work. A random theory, but I've never really seen this comparison before.

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

Anyone think Lizzy was inspired by Britney quite a bit? I've always thought some songs ("She's Not Me") give me Britney vibes, and today I was listening to "Early Mornin'" when I realized the breakdown is very Lizzy "I'll light your fire, your one desire / Pull on me, baby, and I'll take you higher (I wanna get with you)". People seem to think that "Put Your Lips Together" is reference to a 1944 film that Britney also got the line from for the bridge of "Breathe On Me", but isn't more likely that Lana got it from Britney?

I know Britney's a bit more pop than Lana seems to have been into in her early years, but I think it's really possible that as she was trying to make a more upbeat pop sound in 2010 that she was taking a bit of influence from some of Britney's work. A random theory, but I've never really seen this comparison before.

she's noted britney spears as one of her influences in the past, such as on her old myspace page and in interviews.

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123