Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

Spoiler

White dress is masterpiece that only she could pull off, sad, sexy, beautiful 

Edited by Elle
spoiler tag added x

i like your ultra-violent swing :grinds:

Spoiler

This is for sure the least accessible album from her and it's not even about it being folk or not having bops.
Song structures and melodies are really complicated. I feel like Lana is known for making catchy pop melodies and putting them into different music genres. 
Even "weird" tracks from Honeymoon like title track have some catchy parts (bridge).

So I totally understand why some people don't like this album. We all are looking for different things in music.

She took a huge risk with COCC and I feel like she did that because she has nothing left to prove at this point.

8 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:
  Hide contents

Her voice drives me mad:bebe: it literally makes my ears physically hurt

Spoiler

too lazy to check what this is about but i'm guessing white dress and i agree white dress is unlistenable... her vocals are so awful idc if its to make it more emotional she cant hit a single note in that song and it sounds horrible sorry

do you ever just... gaze at horizons?

original.gif

1 minute ago, StillOnMyMind said:

What score are we predicting in MC? I’d say 83-84.

Spoiler

Around 80 sounds great, maybe if we get lucky cocc will get over 85

1 minute ago, StillOnMyMind said:

What score are we predicting in MC? I’d say 83-84.

I would say 68, or 69 (nice) But I would hope for higher I guess. I don't know why I think critics will try too hard to compare it to NFR

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * GIVE PEACE A CHANCE  ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.

Just now, hlxon said:
  Hide contents

too lazy to check what this is about but i'm guessing white dress and i agree white dress is unlistenable... her vocals are so awful idc if its to make it more emotional she cant hit a single note in that song and it sounds horrible sorry

Spoiler

Omg finally someone with working ears

1 minute ago, Lustformoney said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

like, you can sing lower bestie, you're making music, not dog training sounds

do you ever just... gaze at horizons?

original.gif

1 minute ago, Rocket0212 said:
  Hide contents

This is for sure the least accessible album from her and it's not even about it being folk or not having bops.
Song structures and melodies are really complicated. I feel like Lana is known for making catchy pop melodies and putting them into different music genres. 
Even "weird" tracks from Honeymoon like title track have some catchy parts (bridge).

So I totally understand why some people don't like this album. We all are looking for different things in music.

She took a huge risk with COCC and I feel like she did that because she has nothing left to prove at this point.

If Honeymoon is her most hated album is because the melodies are the weakest ones of her career. I mean, even songs like Music To Watch Boys To or Freak, which are singles, have pretty weak melodies (they are good songs tho). Wild At Heart o COCC are much more accessible than anything on HM. Not to mention Tulsa or LMLYLAW.

Spoiler

I fucking love it:wowcry:

I'm digging the folky vibe and she did that with DBJAG :lange:

Jack pls forgive whatever I said to you:krylie:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

1 minute ago, Lustformoney said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

The more I listen to 'White Dress' the more jarring her vocals become. I can't with the whispery, loud vocals. It's just straight up unpleasant to hear. Too bad the melody is good.

4 minutes ago, a chemtrail over the cc said:
  Hide contents

But why did lana make WAH use HTD instrumentals so much tho... This is the biggest turnoff on this album for me :/

Spoiler

it's actually so random, it makes it so Lana and it works very well for both lmao but yeah it's odd that within 11 tracks they managed to feature a reject, a cover and a sample

14 minutes ago, Contemplating God said:

Screaming at this ATRL post, but I lowkey feel the same without being so hyperbolic:

Hide contents

"was surprised by the mixed reaction to this album... and then I wasn't.

This is further proof of a deep generational chasm that divides ATRL into two camps; the twentysomething indie sophisticates with 15 to 20 years of top-shelf music consumption to their name, and Dua Lipa stans who decided they liked "folk" music because they liked Taylor Swift's last two albums. It's not that the latter generation is a lost cause entirely, but they've clearly never heard a singer/songwriter at the peak of her powers— that is, they've never encountered an artist like Lana del Rey at her peak on her sixth studio album.

The Lana del Rey of "Chemtrails Over the Country Club" is Lana as Lana is intended to sound. She very skillfully vacillates between a range of tones; she is nasally, then guttural, then grainy, then nasally again, then delicate. (And yes, that's how she's supposed to do it.) She's sultry. She's goofy. She's sounds slightly absurd. She's fully engaged. She's expressive in ways that "technically superior" vocalists just aren't. She is brilliant. You have no idea how brilliant she is."

Why did this make me want to cry :krylie: That last sentence !!

not me being an indie twentysomething sophisticate 

MY THOUGHTS RIGHT NOW giphy.gif

Spoiler

white dress: INCREDIBLE, one of the best if not her best title track, her vocal take on it is incredible and gorgeous and i appreciate it so much. i get why people wouldn't like it but i LOVE it, it's the perfect song to scream in the car, it's so fucking good and so heartbreaking i cried when i first listened to it

chemtrails: AMAZING GODLY title track, probably in the middle of my rankings right now, i love it but i've already expressed my thoughts on it.... within the context of the album it's EVEN BETTER which i didn't think was possible

tulsa: OH MY FUCKING GOD. if you haven't listened to this in the car you HAVE to. absolutely beautiful AND autotune done well – kinda reminds me of "birds of a feather" from sirens!!!!!!! which is a wonderful thing!!!!!! i love the melody itS SO GOOD if i had to crash my car to a song it'd be this one

LMLYAW: within the context of the album not a highlight or the top track, but INCREDIBLE nonetheless, and i appreciate it more and more every day

wild at heart: oh my gODDDDDD i love this track so much. i put this at #1 in my prerelease track rankings because i went rogue and i DONT REGRET THAT AT ALL, it's 10000% one of my top tracks. so heartbreaking and beautiful, the lyrics are adorable and gorgeous. I CRIED IN THE CAR LISTENING TO THIS

dark but just a game: i LOVE IT, it's so interesting and gorgeous, it sounds TERRIBLE in my car though because the car vibrates really loudly whenever there's any bass :bebe: but listening to it with headphones is GORGEOUS, I'M SO INTO IT, IF SHE HAS ANYTHING ELSE LIKE THIS.... AJDOSFDSGHFLKDZ;FXBV jack did something good with this track... it's SO INTERESTING

NAWWAL: i love it, it was hard for me to absorb in the car at first so i didn't really form a solid opinion on it, but i think i'm LOVING it, it's so heartbreaking and beautiful it's making me go crazy... her voice is BEAUTIFUL i love it so much, i kinda wish the chorus wasn't so repetitive, but it's giving me folk guns and roses so i'm okay with it

yosemite: GODLY AND HEAVENLY... literally what a beautiful incredible track, definitely sounds better on headphones than in the car, but SO BEAUTIFUL and i love the lyrics, it blends so well with the album and i'm so grateful we HAVE IT and the BONGOS i was RIGHT it does give kill kill the ocean energy in terms of instrumentals

breaking up slowly: SOMEWHAT UNEXPECTEDLY HIGH IN MY RANKINGS!!! i half wish it was only lana but it's such a beautiful track especially with the bass and instrumentals, and nikki doesn't sound bad at all

dance till we die: I LOVE THIS TRACK, it's another track i cried to in the car, THE BRIDGE UGHHFDKHLJKG and the chorus, i agree with the mojo review that it's outstanding... just a simply beautiful and thrilling track

for free: one of her best if not her BEST COVER, absolutely beautiful and i also cried to it. zella and weyes sound BEAUTIFUL and so does lana, it's a perfect cover

sUcVobB.png

10 minutes ago, NewportBitch said:
  Hide contents

At least COCC is giving some sexier bops like TJF

Felt like I haven’t heard one since Florida Kilos

Don't wanna be that guy but the fact that this is all some of you are expecting from her :tommy: