Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

Spoiler

Album is way better on the 2nd listen. I like White Dress now. Wild At Heart is so good but Love Song is my 3rd fave song from NFR and the fact that there's that part that sounds literally copy-pasted from it...ugh. 

3 minutes ago, AngelHeadedHipster said:

Hide contents

This album is incredibly short and it seems pretty bland and uninspired. All the songs seem like clones of each other. Not much of a variety sonically. The vibe of the album is basically a "Lazy Afternoon Siesta". Lana sounds burned out and fed up of her career. I blame JackOff for this snoozefest production and her boring ex boyfriend Sean Larkin who pushed her into Granny territory with this boring sound. NFR was way more livelier than COTCC. She has lost the Fire that she had in abundance in the beginning of her career. It seems like now she is putting out an album like this only due to contractual obligations. I'm super disappointed with this album. This is not the Lana we all fell in love with. There is nothing Wild about this album. Somehow the industry has killed off her creative spark. 

Spoiler

I obviously agree with some parts of this. But I also don't think she sounds less livelier on 'Chemtrails' than she did on 'NFR!', if anything she sounds a bit more interested vocally speaking on this new album, but I digress.

I absolutely agree with you, she used to have that fire in her music, nowadays it just feels random and mundane to her. Like she releases records like its a habit. I don't think she releases music because she's legally obligated to, I just think that the reason why one might think her music comes across as bland is that she just tones it down. It's become whatever to her and it shows.

Nevertheless, despite having issues with the album here and there, I find 'Chemtrails' to be a more pleasant experience than 'NFR!'. 

Spoiler

The transition from COTCC to TJF is a moment even though I’m still not a fan of the minutes of just drums. 

I still think LMLYLAW works as a bridge between TJF and WAH better than COTCC does.

"Don’t forget me"

Spoiler

Here's my review:

Just to start off, I LOVE this album. As expected, it's super folky. I didn't know what folk really meant when Lana first talked about Chemtrails but now I understand. This album is just so good... I really don't know what to say. When I first listened to the album as soon as I arrived home, I was bit agitated at some other things so I guess I wasn't in the vibe. My computer speakers just weren't hitting right. So, I switched to my phone and it was still kind of off? And FINALLY when I switched to my headphones.. OMG WHAT AN EXPERIENCE. Jack I'm so sorry about everything I said about you. Imagine an album with songs produced by Dan, Jack, and Zach. It may actually beat the masterpiece that is Ultraviolence but we'll just have to wait and see. I'm really hoping there's a deluxe edition, which is extremely unlikely but I feel like the album's story wasn't finished. Hopefully we do get a deluxe!

Album Rating: 9/10

Best tracks: Wild at Heart, White Dress, Not All Who Wander Are Lost, Yosemite, Dance Till We Die, Dark But Just a Game

Liked Tracks: Tulsa Jesus Freak, Let Me Love You Like a Woman, Chemtrails Over the Country Club, Breaking Up Slowly, For Free

Worst tracks: :clapback:

Individual track ratings:

White Dress: 9/10

Chemtrails Over the Country Club: 8.5/10

Let Me Love You Like a Woman: 8/10

Tulsa Jesus Freak: 9/10

Wild at Heart: 10/10

Dark But Just a Game 9.5/10

Not All Who Wander Are Lost: 10/10

Yosemite: 9/10

Breaking Up Slowly: 9/10

Dance Till We Die: 10/10

For Free: 9/10

My thoughts on each track:

White Dress: A very cute track! I love it actually... the instrumental is really ominous in my opinion. When she starts singing the song, it gives me chills. The chorus... SHUT UP :trisha:

Chemtrails Over the Country Club: Another very cute track! Nothing too outstanding but I think the song fits well on the album.

Tulsa Jesus Freak: Now I definitely have to wait for this track to grow on me. In some parts it's a mixing disaster, while on some parts, I love. I'm looking forward to loving this track in the future. :sass: Actually I just listened to it again and WOW... I still stand by what I said since some BGVs need to be lowered down a bit. 

Let Me Love You Like a Woman: Cute track but nothing special. That chorus is amazing though.

Wild at Heart: I LOVE this track so much. I don't care about the How to Disappear sample it just adds to the flavor. Like... LOOK AT THE MATERIAL. Her vocals, the instrumental, everything is amazing about it.

Dark But Just a Game: Love this track OMG. I love how the vibes change in some parts of the song. Her vocals and everything about the song itself is just amazing.

Not All Who Wander Are Lost: LOVE LOVE LOVE this song. This song, Dance Till We Die, and Wild at Heart definitely belong in some love story movie in my opinion. The instrumental is beautiful and that CHORUS omg do I need to say more?

Yosemite: Once again another cute track. I do wish she could've added something else but besides that I really love it. When she sand those lyrics that we've known about for years, it just hit hard.

Breaking Up Slowly: I really like this song and I like Nikki's contribution. It's giving Joan Jett for some reason? Anyways I really like this song.

Dance Till We Die: It's reall giving Tired of Singing the Blues and I LOVE THAT. A very cute track.

For Free: Not what I was expecting at all! I thought it was going to be some piano track but wow... Zella, Weyes, and Lana work so well together :trisha:

13 minutes ago, AngelHeadedHipster said:

Hide contents

This album is incredibly short and it seems pretty bland and uninspired. All the songs seem like clones of each other. Not much of a variety sonically. The vibe of the album is basically a "Lazy Afternoon Siesta". Lana sounds burned out and fed up of her career. I blame JackOff for this snoozefest production and her boring ex boyfriend Sean Larkin who pushed her into Granny territory with this boring sound. NFR was way more livelier than COTCC. She has lost the Fire that she had in abundance in the beginning of her career. It seems like now she is putting out an album like this only due to contractual obligations. I'm super disappointed with this album. This is not the Lana we all fell in love with. There is nothing Wild about this album. Somehow the industry has killed off her creative spark. 

We will pray for you Kathi.

1 minute ago, gatadelrey said:

I guess I’m the only one waiting until the 19th. See you in 10 days... 

you’re not alone!! There’s a handful of us who are waiting :wub:

it’s been pretty fun watching this thread move. Everyone has had such a positive reaction so far, makes me even more fucking stoked for that first listen :hype:

4 minutes ago, Redhydrangeas99 said:
  Hide contents

Of course it's Nikki, they performed it live I-

People on ATRL are claiming it's Miley cuz that song was cut from Plastic Hearts or something. I'm so confused.

Spoiler

Lol I was worried when it first leaked and some people didn't like the lyrics -- I personally loved them. Beautifully written. No one expresses existentialism and nothingness like Lana. :gclap:

Just now, faruhs said:

People on ATRL are claiming it's Miley cuz that song was cut from Plastic Hearts or something. I'm so confused.

Um what :rip: 

Spoiler

Seasons may change
But we won't change

:crai::crai::crai:

We did it for fun, we did it for free
I did it for you, you did it for me
We did it for the right reasons
We did it for the right reasons

:rollin::rollin::rollin:

I'll do it for the right reasons
Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

:crying4::crying2::defeated:

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Waiting until the 19th to listen to the album is like holding off on sex until marriage: not worth it. But I‘ll stand with my fellow COCC virgins, until the time is right :ma:

AbandonedRegularAmphibian-max-1mb.gif

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

My Ranking - 

Spoiler

1.Dark But Just a Game

2. Tulsa Jesus Freak

3. Chemtrails

4. White Dress

5. Dance Till We die

6. Wild at Heart

7. Yosemite (likely to go up, have not really got a feel for it yet so don’t attack me!)

8. Breaking Up Slowly

9. Let Me Love you like a women

10. Not all Who wander are lost

11. For Free

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

19 minutes ago, AngelHeadedHipster said:

Hide contents

I so agree. Nothing more to add ! Waiting for the cover album now ...

10 minutes ago, NewportBitch said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Lana’s instincts were correct here in how unpolished it is. 

Spoiler

I love that it's unpolished, I feel like it adds to the vulnerability in a way. It's raw and unfiltered and I love that about it :poordat:

I gave up n listened:bebe:

Spoiler

Just as i expected- For flop and Flopping slowly a skips?

DBJAG the pop masterpiece we always needed. The Best song on the album. TJF is a career highlight too. The rest is kinda meh tbh:toofunny: yosemite was such a letdown