Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

Screaming at this ATRL post, but I lowkey feel the same without being so hyperbolic:

Spoiler

"was surprised by the mixed reaction to this album... and then I wasn't.

This is further proof of a deep generational chasm that divides ATRL into two camps; the twentysomething indie sophisticates with 15 to 20 years of top-shelf music consumption to their name, and Dua Lipa stans who decided they liked "folk" music because they liked Taylor Swift's last two albums. It's not that the latter generation is a lost cause entirely, but they've clearly never heard a singer/songwriter at the peak of her powers— that is, they've never encountered an artist like Lana del Rey at her peak on her sixth studio album.

The Lana del Rey of "Chemtrails Over the Country Club" is Lana as Lana is intended to sound. She very skillfully vacillates between a range of tones; she is nasally, then guttural, then grainy, then nasally again, then delicate. (And yes, that's how she's supposed to do it.) She's sultry. She's goofy. She's sounds slightly absurd. She's fully engaged. She's expressive in ways that "technically superior" vocalists just aren't. She is brilliant. You have no idea how brilliant she is."

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

2 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:
  Hide contents

Her voice drives me mad:bebe: it literally makes my ears physically hurt

Spoiler

I lowkey am not a fan of it too but it’s still cute? the bridge on DUWD is so good bc it’s the only part of the album where her voice isn’t full of air

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

Just now, VioletBunny said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I lowkey am not a fan of it too but it’s still cute? the bridge on DUWD is so good bc it’s the only part of the album where her voice isn’t full of air

Spoiler

I thought it was the roach nikki at first :bebe: but yeah its so good, reminds me of uv era

1 minute ago, That Venice Bitch said:

So um

how do i hide the contents of a post on here

Press the eye button in the toolbar of the textbox

Spoiler

then write in the spoiler tab

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

Oh no. Reading y'all it's actually a blessing / a torture! I'm trying to keep myself together but :bebe: This is the hardest of it all

Spoiler

COCC is amazing AAAAAAA, I feel like the first 5 tracks are somewhat soft but the rest are FIRE! Magnum Opus Rey is here everyone!!!!