Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

Just now, ShadesOfFool said:
  Hide contents

I don’t think so honestly because I would be highly disturbed if she was getting high and making out with jack antanoff in a parking lot lol

the whole song is likely about no one person in particular tbh I think a lot of her stuff is 

Spoiler

she said in the mojo interview that the "dark but just a game" line came from jack about being at a big party w famous musicians. but we all know lana often references multiple people/experiences in a single song, so the parking lot make out guy is someone else.

aOaIzH2.gif

At this point I really hope they're planning to release White Dress on album release date. That will make the album get more first-week streams, and hopefully beat Mustin.

the fact that we have to see/use spoilers for the next 8 days... this is exhausting.  :lange:

Spoiler

i still read most of the spoilers even tho i haven't heard the album yet. it's the only thing keeping me sane. :twirls:

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

Spoiler

I know this will change, but this is my current ranking of the tracks after a few listens:

1. Chemtrails over the Country Club
  2. White Dress
  3. Tulsa Jesus Freak
  4. Yosemite
  5. Wild at Heart
  6. Not All Who Wander Are Lost
  7. Dark but Just a Game
  8. For Free
  9. Let Me Love You like a Woman
  10. Dance till We Die
  11. Breaking Up Slowly

23 minutes ago, Poor Stacy said:

Dance Till We Die will eventually be viewed as a career highlight. Bookmark it. 

For the critics, though very different, it will probably on par with The Greatest 

Spoiler

White dress is just so fucking heartbreaking. Not her best opener, but sure is her saddest and it sets the tone so perfectly for the record. 

2 minutes ago, xxmissdaytonaxx said:

the fact that we have to see/use spoilers for the next 8 days... this is exhausting.  :lange:

Reveal hidden contents

i still read most of the spoilers even tho i haven't heard the album yet. it's the only thing keeping me sane. :twirls:

Feet don't fail me now, take me to the finish line :defeated:

1 minute ago, PARADIXO said:

@HydroponicWeeds Sorry, posting full lyrics is not allowed until March 19. Could you please edit your post?

I'm sorry! I wasn't sure. I edited it out

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

3 minutes ago, HydroponicWeeds said:

I'm not sure if the lyrics have been posted but I transcribed some so here's what I heard. I'm gonna keep them in spoiler tags, mods let me know if this isnt allowed and I can delete it but I just wanted to put it out there for those who might wanna read the lyrics before listening

Tusla Jesus Freak

Spoiler

i'm pretty sure it's "we're white hot forever, and only god knows"

and the end when she's speaking i think it's "if you don't play you'll never learn"

i love you, but you don't understand me.

14 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

At this point I really hope they're planning to release White Dress on album release date. That will make the album get more first-week streams, and hopefully beat Mustin.

Ehh... I think dance til we die, white hot forever or dark but just a game would be better singles 

Spoiler

I'm trying my best not to over play TJF the same way I did with Cinnamon Girl, but damn. Every time I do it punches me and knocks me tf out.

TJF hit me and it felt like a kiss.

2 minutes ago, mar said:

Ehh... I think dance til we die, white hot forever or dark but just a game would be better singles 

Yes, but all publications will be writing about the White Dress single and video once it's out, and it'll definitely be the most streamed COCC song during the first week, simply for being a single.

Just now, PARADIXO said:

Yes, but all publications will be writing about the White Dress single and video once it's out, and it'll definitely be the most streamed COCC song during the first week, simply for being a single.

She could always honeymoon the WD video :wave2: and pick one of those three as a single

Spoiler

Ranking so far

1. Dark But Just A Game (my new fav, there’s something so different about it which I love)

2. White Dress (beautiful, love the way she says “down in Orlando”)

3. Yosemite (worth the wait, love the instrumental and lyrics)

4. Tulsa Jesus Freak (so catchy and I love the “white hot forever and ever amen” part)

5. Chemtrails Over The Country Club (one of her best title tracks imo)

6. Dance Till We Die (the bridge is immaculate omg)

7. Breaking Up Slowly (Really like this especially Lana’s part)

8. Not All Who Wander Are Lost (Again, I like it a lot and I will need more time to fully appreciate it)

9. For Free (love the original, not a fan of Zella’s voice but it’s good)

10. Wild At Heart (I had this at the top of my ranking before the songs leaked and was a bit disappointed when I heard it. Don’t really like how the chorus samples HTD but will need more time with it)

11. Let Me Love You Like A Woman (Cute but the rest of them are much better than this song, love the bridge tho)