Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

I think this is my last post of pre-release you bunch of beautiful people I’m on the verge of a blackout after a few hours of drinking but I’m so excited for all you hoez who decided to wait out the music until official release I love you all including Jared but that might change tomorrow so listen with your whole heart, dream big, shoot for the stars, and even if you miss there’s a black hole wooooo :hair:

nevermind

𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃 𝓀𝑒𝑒𝓅 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝓂𝒶𝓇𝒾𝓁𝓎𝓃 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒿𝑜𝒶𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝒶𝓇𝒸

𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃'𝓉 𝒻𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝒶𝓃𝑜𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝓌𝑜𝓂𝒶𝓃 𝒷𝑒𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑒 𝑜𝓇 𝒶𝒻𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒹𝒶𝓇𝓀

𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓃 𝓂𝓎 𝒸𝑜𝓃𝑒𝓎 𝒾𝓈𝓁𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒷𝒶𝒷𝓎

What a fun few months this thread has been with you all! I'm so excited for you sweet angels who managed to wait, and for the whole world to finally be blessed with this gorgeous album. See you all in the post-release thread! Can't wait to dive even deeper with the discussions about all the record's little intricacies that make it so special. :wub:

let's not forget that a pre-pre-release thread will be created tonight... we'll still have a lot of fun being chaotic, delusional, and a beautiful community in the ldr8 era <3 looking forward to it :angie: :trisha: :spin: 

1 hour ago, Nikogo said:

I’ve been reading all the reviews that have been posted and I have to agree with everyone who mentions how even thought COTCC is getting stellar reviews, I can’t help but be so irritated and sad for Lana that all these reviewers are STILL ripping into her early work 

they claimed she wasn’t authentic then and they still feel the need to say she wasn’t authentic then. But still want to praise her work now as if her past didn’t lead us to where she is now 

Nothing but tea.

This is probably why Lana ripped into Ann Powers even for her *pretty glowing* NFR review that was essentially calling it a classic. It is a good review, but I get why she reacted the way she did because it was kind of dismissive of parts of her journey to that album. It could be an amazing album without being Lana "finally" doing what shes been doing right or whatever. In retrospect, I see why she was kind of shady/arrogant about how she 'knew' people would like NFR in that one interview and kind of let all of the acclaim just bounce off of her.

Spoiler

And honestly, its probably this same frustration over the way the narrative for her has been written since the beginning of her career that prompted QFTC but lets not get into that :eek3:

1 HOUR

FB089-E53-26-BD-451-F-8413-DFEF1609-EB83