Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

Lol Twitter going at it again, publishing fake news about LDR, saying she is scrapping the album because the tracklist leaked and that she is upset over the backlash received with her recent Insta pictures. People are so gullible.

no worries, since she decided not to scrap best American record and made it cheesy, I’m not afraid anymore

[Hold me, love me, touch me, lanadel.gif

honey, be the first who ever did]

no worries, since she decided not to scrap best American record and made it cheesy, I’m not afraid anymore

Nah, I ain’t worried : I’ve been through too many pre-release eras to know she won’t scrap an album because the tracklist got leaked. Hell, she didn’t scrap LFL after two leaks while she was still making it, she won’t scrap COCC because the tracklist is supposedly out.

Well I want COCC to feel beachy like filly and venice. But I want her to go into a bit of a pop sound after this album. Doin' time and fiily are my absolute jams cause they're so easy to listen to. I'm not saying they're the best, but they're something I can dance to or something that would bring my mood up. She doesn't have to do an album with this sound but I'd love a few singles or an EP. Please let her work with Andrew Watt again.

we NEED UV 2.0 realness!!! Give us a summer anthem about doing lines of coke in Hawaii in lingerie on a yacht with the mafia while feeling miserable about your past lover!!!!! PERIODT

You might be setting yourself up for disappointment. She is getting a bit « old » to sing about those themes. Not that I don’t like them, but with each album, she is telling another chapter where she is getting a bit older with each record. The themes evolve as she does. The kinda raw tracks she did before UV or during UV, well, I’m afraid we will need a couple of leaks (if there are any) to hear exactly those again. The themes are still there, just not as plain as they were. On NFR, Venice, Cinnamon Girl and FIILY are all about dope and the bad guy type is hinted on HIaB. It’s just more subtle and maybe more suiting for a 30-something woman, I guess?

You might be setting yourself up for disappointment. She is getting a bit « old » to sing about those themes. Not that I don’t like them, but with each album, she is telling another chapter where she is getting a bit older with each record. The themes evolve as she does. The kinda raw tracks she did before UV or during UV, well, I’m afraid we will need a couple of leaks (if there are any) to hear exactly those again.

she served serene queen post UV when we all thought the sass font had dried up so anythings possible

Well I want COCC to feel beachy like filly and venice. But I want her to go into a bit of a pop sound after this album. Doin' time and fiily are my absolute jams cause they're so easy to listen to. I'm not saying they're the best, but they're something I can dance to or something that would bring my mood up.

I think you will be disappointed if you want that. It seems like she had a lot of issues in her personal life over the past year, plus her original "controversial" post on instagram was about how she was not allowed to be sad in her music but others were. I think we are in for a really dark and sad album now, none of this forced cheerfulness she put on for the past 2 albums. I expect something more akin to UV.

she served serene queen post UV when we all thought the sass font had dried up so anythings possible

It’s true that with her, we never know. I never expected a song like Heroin on LFL, which was supposed to be a « happy record ».

a lana insider shared this with me today

PMGM6Bo.png

This is incredible xd

But beware... I remember someone here posting an edit of Churchome Lana surrounded by tons of chaotic and colourful homophobic iconography and the NFR cover ended up having a very, very similar energy. So caution with what you desire!

RIGHT.... that's part of the reason I don't connect w Love Song, bc of how predictable and lazy the lyrics are "in my party dress I'm a fuckin mess" girl hang it up

I have mentioned this before. In one of my videos I wanted her to do an exercise where she writes 10 songs, no cursing, no reference to famous people songs etc. and no basic love song stuff. Let her creativity take her to different places. No more,

"we couldn't get higher, our love was on fire, my baby's flat tire, sext on the wire, my lover's a crier, Mom called me a liar" and on and on.

Love you Lana.

unfortunately, i think lana's days of making summery drug/romance anthems are behind her. which is a shame cause those songs slapped. 

now she's all about "meditations" and "vibrations" and "questioning the culture" so god help us all 

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

Someone was asking a few pages back about the pop art font on the cover of NFR! It is in the style of Roy Lichtenstein who along with Andy Warhol was one of founders of the pop art in the 1960's. Lana's lyrics are packed with references to American artists of all mediums from the 50's-70's. I think this font was a sly way of visually referencing another iconic 60's artist without using her lyrics. 

I actually could maybe imagine Lana doing a Slim Aarons tribute on the cover of COCC, first because it would continue the tradition she started with NFR! of making visual references to American artists on her album covers, and second because she referenced him in Hope and she likes to create continuity between her eras by working some lyrics or motifs from past albums into each new album. The only reason why I think she would not choose to do a Slim Aarons style cover is because an image of a country club with chem trails in the sky would be by far the most expected and obvious cover choice. Lana never likes being literal or obvious with her album covers, she just picks a cover that captures the mood of the album. We may be just as likely to get a picture of Lana in the middle of a city as Lana in a literal country club.

a lana insider shared this with me today

PMGM6Bo.png

flying to the moooon again

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Why am I checking this thread so regularly, we all know she isn’t gonna do or say anything of much interest for at least a month right? (Prove me wrong lana)

I think you will be disappointed if you want that. It seems like she had a lot of issues in her personal life over the past year, plus her original "controversial" post on instagram was about how she was not allowed to be sad in her music but others were. I think we are in for a really dark and sad album now, none of this forced cheerfulness she put on for the past 2 albums. I expect something more akin to UV.

I hope so omg. We all want her to be happy in her private life but songwise her dark stuff is best in my opinion

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible