Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

To be honest, I don’t think we’ll have any sort of vehicle on the cover. I expect a beach a cover like the one in her patent leather do over video. However, to me that seems somewhat unlikely so I’m nearing towards a shoot in her home, similar to her photoshoot with Kurt.

Radio

American

Sad Girl

Religion

13 Beaches

Fuck it I love you

Β 

is the vibe I want

Β 

an entire album to the blues-y, slow, sexy and dramatic vibe of 'Sad Girl' would be kind of a dream tbh (I know 'Ultraviolence' exists, but 'Sad Girl' is a pretty unique song imho and that bridge is straight fire).

i don't think there will be a vehicle either realistically it'll probably be her in her house, on the beach or on a poolside and no doubt chucky is gonna shoot it

Regardless I think it may be a very simple album cover. I’m sure Chuck has a plan for the whole thing!

Starting to doubt the Sep 5th date because on this site https://www.allaccess.com/triple-a/future-releases lots of artists already have their singles ready to be played in August (which is when Lana should start doing promo for COCC), and there's nothing from her yet which is making me a bit...doubtful

Maybe the lead single will be something like MAC and VB: a song that doesn’t play on radio at all but has a MV. The impacting songs of that site are new singles that will be played on the radio, correct?

I’d be honestly fine with just a preorder and cover reveal in August. And a trailer with 3 or 4 snippets the week before.

Do you guys think she will give us some news or something new this week? Regarding COCC or Violet... She has been very quiet since the date reveal...

(Can’t believe we’ll finally hear her poems next week)

Do you guys think she will give us some news or something new this week? Regarding COCC or Violet... She has been very quiet since the date reveal...

(Can’t believe we’ll finally hear her poems next week)

Maybe another post on the release day of violet, but I honestly don't think we're going to get anything about COCC. Maybe preorder in two weeks though? It's weird how close we're getting to September, it still feels so far away to me.

It feels like she wants to go the Enimen route in a way. His last two albums were surprise drops, without even one single announcement. I believe that is what she wanted to do, before something happened that led to the instagram post and throwing away any reason

Β DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gifΒ SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

Even if she tells us it's a "country" record it won't be a country record because lana's sound is too distinct--just like honeymoon wasn't actually "jazz." She may reference Hank Williams a couple of times and have some twangy background music but she's never gonna release a full record of genuine country

Even if she tells us it's a "country" record it won't be a country record because lana's sound is too distinct--just like honeymoon wasn't actually "jazz." She may reference Hank Williams a couple of times and have some twangy background music but she's never gonna release a full record of genuine country

thank GodΒ  :legend:

I never meant to be bad or unwellΒ I was just living on the edge right between heaven and hell & I'm tired of itΒ 

good. i wanna be surprised. no snippets this era.

Same here. I just want the album to come out and not know anything. Then my bf can see how crazy i truly am when a new LDR record releases lol

Β 

also i gotta say he’s a vinyl collector so he understands why i tend to buy at least one vinyl, maybe 2 once they’re released

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Honestly, the album cover will be better than we expect, look at the Norman album cover, she pulled through. She did that and the album trailer and the Fuck It music video, all in secret... She'll have something planned if she is launching this album as an era.

Β 

However, she did state that this release would be a suprise and more low-key, obviously it's no longer a surprise (Beyonce style) since she told us September 4th/5th... But I interpret her meaning of surprise as it will just appear on streaming with no real promo etc.

Β 

However, to counter act that, she's signed to a major label and therefore there will be some element of promo. A pre-order, album cover reveal. Probably a Beats 1 interview and an appearance on Annie Mac even just a week or two before release to play something from the album.

Β 

I imagine we'll hear more from her about the album once the audio book version of Violet is released, I don't think her team would want to overwhelm fans and the GP with 2 projects at once... We know bundles existed so its possible that they have some sort of Violet / Chem bundle in the pipeline... Either way, I'm excited!

Honestly, the album cover will be better than we expect, look at the Norman album cover, she pulled through.

Β 

Tbh that's what I'm kinda worried about. Her covers have kinda progressively gotten worse with her albums. I mean the LFL cover was just kinda...eh. Lana standing slightly titled and stiffly with that creepy smile. Also, the NFR cover was just kinda all over the place. Don't get me wrong I like the concept of the cover and the painted blue sky is beautiful. However, they looked mismatched, the colour palette doesn't fit (her coat, her nail polish, her gray-ish skin), the font is honestly ugly and the perspective of the picture makes her hand look hella big. The whole thing just looked "too crowded" with different ideas, amateur and DIY.

Β 

I hope on COCC that the cover is actually beautiful and is actually edited out properly. I hold on to the believe that Nicole Nodland is actually apart of this and will come through with some great visuals.

Tbh that's what I'm kinda worried about. Her covers have kinda progressively gotten worse with her albums. I mean the LFL cover was just kinda...eh. Lana standing slightly titled and stiffly with that creepy smile. Also, the NFR cover was just kinda all over the place. Don't get me wrong I like the concept of the cover and the painted blue sky is beautiful. However, they looked mismatched, the colour palette doesn't fit (her coat, her nail polish, her gray-ish skin), the font is honestly ugly and the perspective of the picture makes her hand look hella big. The whole thing just looked "too crowded" with different ideas, amateur and DIY.

Β 

I hope on COCC that the cover is actually beautiful and is actually edited out properly. I hold on to the believe that Nicole Nodland is actually apart of this and will come through with some great visuals.

I completely agree, I was so disappointed when I saw the NFR cover it's made up of ideas that could look good by themselves but when she mixed them together it just ended up looking messy. Especially after all the amazing ideas people here on lb have had I'm probably going to be disappointed again and end up using a fanmade cover.

It's going to be amazing. I can feel it. I mean come on guys. She has never disappointed us EVER..

Her albums are way more cohesive and there are barely any filler tracks compared to her contemporaries.. eg LOVER./ Billies album/ Sweetener etc.

Β 

Β 

Also there is this anger in her... she needs to let out the steam. I'm pretty sure this is a fuck you album to the music industry. To the double standards and fake shit piece of industry that HOllywood and the entertainment industry is.

Β 

Question for the culture post is really her way of announcing the album. Timed precisely 90 days from Sep 5.

She has been musing about this for a while.

You can see it on The Greatest and Hope..

I Must be stupid for being so happy.

Β 

She has had such a phenomenal career. Matured so beautifully. I mean she delivers album after album.

Β 

Even LFL which the community seems to hate..is actually really good. The label probably wanted a more radio friendly album after HM and UV. But the lyrics are really stellar.

It's going to be amazing. I can feel it. I mean come on guys. She has never disappointed us EVER..

Her albums are way more cohesive and there are barely any filler tracks compared to her contemporaries

Β 

Agree with the first sentence, I feel like she's going to come through with COCC. But I beg to differ with the rest.Β 

I want a modern video and slow dreamy trappy song about coked-up old money rich bitches sipping magnum champagne at a country club gossiping about conspiracy theories with it being stylised so glamorously that it starts to ebb and flow indistinctively into satire and irony and then back...

The hair on his head was white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire.