Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

doesnt mean anything, the website is loading the font from somewhere else like google fonts and maybe thats a bit delayed so ull see the default font for a split second

edit: nvm @electra ninja'd me

exactly ! you put it better than me lmao.

to summarise:

- all websites use default microsoft fonts (presumably if ur looking on a windows). after the page loads the text it swaps it out for the real font. it’s just a problem with the efficiency of their code basically.

Could COtCC be a bit jazzy again? It’s the only returning theme we’ve seen with MDM, SoC and TLY

I hope so and think so! Some of the sounds on Violet were jazzy

So I talked in the VBBOTG thread about how Bare Feet On Linoleum reminds me of Twin Peaks and that got me to think about some places there. While the The Great Northern Hotel isn't a country club, it does have the aesthetic of one:

450G.jpg

My point being, that this is hopefully the Lynchesque era. I want her to keep the sound and atmosphere from Bare Feet On Linoleum. I want to continue to be sucked in this dream world, that is inspired by Twin Peaks, but shaped by Lana. 

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

So I talked in the VBBOTG thread about how Bare Feet On Linoleum reminds me of Twin Peaks and that got me to think about some places there. While the The Great Northern Hotel isn't a country club, it does have the aesthetic of one:

450G.jpg

My point being, that this is hopefully the Lynchesque era. I want her to keep the sound and atmosphere from Bare Feet On Linoleum. I want to continue to be sucked in this dream world, that is inspired by Twin Peaks, but shaped by Lana.

This would be PERFECT! Lana is a big David Lynch fan. Imagine if Lana got David Lynch to direct one of her music videos on the next album! David Lynch likes Lana so I can totally see him doing this.

This would be PERFECT! Lana is a big David Lynch fan. Imagine if Lana got David Lynch to direct one of her music videos on the next album! David Lynch likes Lana so I can totally see him doing this.

I know. She's been open to a collaboration since ever. He's so adorable:

“Lana Del Rey, she’s got some fantastic charisma and — this is a very interesting thing — it’s like she’s born out of another time … She’s got something that’s very appealing to people. And I didn’t know that she was influenced by me!”

Though atm he's been posting to his youtube channel weather reports and status updates for the day, so I can't imagine what kind of music video would come out of it now :toofunny:

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

I know. She's been open to a collaboration since ever. He's so adorable:

Though atm he's been posting to his youtube channel weather reports and status updates for the day, so I can't imagine what kind of music video would come out of it now :toofunny:

Lana should also have the woodsman in one of her videos too!! “Gotta Light? Gotta Light?”

ok but like i just wanna know if we’re getting this album in almost a month... like it doesn’t feel real yet? i wonder if she’ll end up delaying it. i hope not. but i just want to be prepared to be disappointed for a longer wait.

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

Do you guys think her current reputation will affect the album sales? Violet kind of made no noise outside of the fandom...

I don't know, but I have plenty of friends who listen to her music but don't care about Violet at all. I think most people wouldn't listen to a given artist's audiobook unless they were a pretty hardcore fan.

She also released it right after Folklore which probably hasn't helped. I think the physical book will sell better.

I also think she could've handled the release far better, although at least she gave us dates this time. Usually we have no fucking idea about anything.

What she posted about the Navajo Water Project just seemed like a pretty generic copy/pasted wall of text. It didn't really explain why it was so important to her, and we didn't see anything of her being in these places and "making sure the job got done". I get that she might've been hesitant to show us because she didn't want seem performative, given the recent Question for the Culture stuff, but posting a video of herself fucking around in her cop ex-boyfriend's car was probably worse in that regard than showing us anything from the Navajo nation ...

It just seemed impersonal and more of a "background" thing that proceeds were going to the Navajo Water Project, when it should've been at the forefront to encourage sales. Jmo.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Lana all set to drop the surprise pre order but then checking this thread

tenor.gif

This gif brings back so many memories of LFL pre-release thread :toofunny: 

It looks like this is gonna be the shortest pre-release era ever (I'm defining pre-release era from the time the lead single is released to the album release). The shortest era so far is for HM, where HBTB was released 39 days before the album release. Today we are 36/7 days from COCCs release. And I can't imagine the lead single coming for another week at least to distance it from VBBOTG.

giphy.gif ldrclashsmall3.png