Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

5 minutes ago, Dragon said:

I like how subtle it is. we have another user who likes Alain Delon too @wild caged animal 

yeah, when I first watched this movie I only could think about cotcc while watching. there was so many elements talking with the song
also alain is a true goddess king:defeated: 

3 minutes ago, brvvrno said:

yeah, when I first watched this movie I only could think about cotcc while watching. there was so many elements talking with the song

yeah I saw w how easy it was to relate w the frames and the transitions between scenes were really smooth. and the movie itself has really picturesque frames, which, it's a movie but just even more so. it's a nice portrayal and I get how the movie's intro already parallels much w the track, great work lol yeah he's heavenly :justride:

UV/Honeymoon

4 minutes ago, gasstationkween said:

How would yall feel about an autobiography, when do you think it would be a good time to release one.

I would love, but don’t see her doing one til she’s significantly older tbh, if at all

aOaIzH2.gif

48 minutes ago, Dragon said:

I like how subtle it is. we have another user who likes Alain Delon too @wild caged animal 

Hello

Image result for l'eclisse gif

39 minutes ago, brvvrno said:

I thought of Tomorrow Never Came because of the ending. Cool edit btw

On 2/13/2021 at 6:43 PM, ShadesOfFool said:

Why did that unreleased record never come out? 

like bitch the songs are already made just...put them out??! 

i think her plan was to rerecord all the songs that were going to be on the record, also she'd have to get in touch with the producers who made the original songs 

i love you, but you don't understand me.

2 hours ago, lanabanana11 said:

with all this mazzy talk, I would KILL for a Lana song with the sound of Halah. The lyircs are so painfully sad and beautiful.

I also love it so much because it was one of the last songs my late mom recommended to me. We would always give each other music suggestions, and that one in particular I especially loved! It is very Lana-esque as well

im actually curious to know if Lana has cited Mazzy Star/Hope as an influence to her music before? all I can remember is Hope being like "I don't know who that is" when she was asked about Lana :toofloppy: to me the influences feel  kinda obvious, especially with MAC/VB. but yesss i always imagined COCC sounding like she hangs brightly after she mentioned it being more country/folky. always hoping that Lana will follow in their footsteps in dream pop and even the occasional shoegaze influence :krylie:

sgopYhV.gif

14 minutes ago, JehovahThikness said:

im actually curious to know if Lana has cited Mazzy Star/Hope as an influence to her music before? all I can remember is Hope being like "I don't know who that is" when she was asked about Lana :toofloppy: to me the influences feel  kinda obvious, especially with MAC/VB. but yesss i always imagined COCC sounding like she hangs brightly after she mentioned it being more country/folky. always hoping that Lana will follow in their footsteps in dream pop and even the occasional shoegaze influence :krylie:

i feel like people often compare hope sandoval and lana del rey (usually by saying that lana copied mazzy star) but i honestly don't think they're that similar? they both make melancholy music and lana & hope both have this "quiet sad girl on stage" vibe but i feel like they are very different, lana's music and songwriting is very poetic and opulent yet i feel like mazzy star's writing is more casual and less metaphorical, lana's discography has a very diverse sound, from the opulent and fast-paced born to die, the stormy & spiritual ultraviolence, to the atmospheric jazz of honeymoon, while mazzy star's discography is quite consistent with psycedelic folk

WGe8ynS.gif

Anyone else getting so many social media ads for the album/merch? I swear this is the most ads Lana has ever had for an era

1 hour ago, suicideblonde said:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7udOf3XxvsiG4wXUH8kMLP?si=hFWJGmI_Qkm6QbJmAb1uVg

I made a playlist with songs that I think will capture Chemtrails' essence! 

Tori Amos ❤❤

50 minutes ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

i feel like people often compare hope sandoval and lana del rey (usually by saying that lana copied mazzy star) but i honestly don't think they're that similar? they both make melancholy music and lana & hope both have this "quiet sad girl on stage" vibe but i feel like they are very different, lana's music and songwriting is very poetic and opulent yet i feel like mazzy star's writing is more casual and less metaphorical, lana's discography has a very diverse sound, from the opulent and fast-paced born to die, the stormy & spiritual ultraviolence, to the atmospheric jazz of honeymoon, while mazzy star's discography is quite consistent with psycedelic folk

I wouldn't say they're similar but more so inspired/influenced and definitely agree that Lana has not copied them in any way (same thing with how Velvet Underground inspired some aspects of Mazzy Star but their songs aren't really that similar). like I said, I feel like most of the influences are seen in MAC (alt country)/VB (dream pop + neo-psychedelia + slowcore) and additionally in the dream pop/neo-psych aspects of UV, which really remind me of So Tonight and Among My Swan, which I would argue are pretty influential albums from their time. I would argue that Hope's songwriting can be metaphorical and poetic as well (thinking of Unreflected + her solo work), but I guess that's more subjective. then again, I was talking more about influences and not similarity, they're separate artists. 

sgopYhV.gif

6 minutes ago, too fast too young said:

Anyone else getting so many social media ads for the album/merch? I swear this is the most ads Lana has ever had for an era

Yes all over Facebook and ig lol I think it was the same for violet but maybe even more so with COCC. I think it’s great but I hope they’re promoting it to lots of people cause I already bought all variants pretty much 

anyone who tries to argue that lana copied (copying is different from being influenced by) mazzy star is just saying shit for the sake of saying shit and arguing against it is  a waste of time

theres a million singers who have that stripped back/vulnerable feel that lana and hope share because it's just a common style of self expression. the only thing they have in common is they both managed to get into the public eye 

(i know no one here is saying lana copied her i'm just talking in general)

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif