Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

I dislike Jack's minimalistic approach and obssesion with piano ballads and I don't get his overrated status in the industry. However, I truly think Jack's production magnum opus to me is 'Venice Bitch'. I feel like the decision of making it a 9-minute song pushed him out of his 'typical four-chords pop song sound' comfort zone and had to improvise riffs, and come up with loops and changes, to give the song a new dimension. It's not a song with complex changes, they're subtle and cohesive.

But I also believe he should stop with this one-man show thingy. It makes his songs sound same-ish. I get it, it's his vibe, but what made Papa Rick Nowels songs to sound different from one another (compare 'Salvatore' to 'Cola') is the fact that Rick had a whole team of musicians who knew how to play multiple instruments other than just piano, mellotron and guitar.

23 minutes ago, yourolllikethunder said:

I will never understand how people can say Jack’s piano melodies are less good than other producers’ when the NFR title track exists :krylie:

Jack is actually a piano virtuoso y’all—maybe I’m wrong but I don’t recall Rick making many piano melodies at all, it was all usually strings not piano overtures like NFR...

Bartender, Summer Bummer, Is this happiness and Change outsold:oprah3: jack is a virtuoso when it comes to three chords maybe

I don't care about Jack THAT much either way, but I hope she makes a third record with him just to see the meltdowns :eartha:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

2 hours ago, heroinmelodies said:

my problem with Jack is that sometimes he botches songs the way that they sound underwhelming like with the guitar solo on The greatest, lack of bass on Cinnamon, the entire underwhelming LMLYLAW or the same boring piano chords all over again. He tends to muffles his instrumentals, where it is trurly unnecessary, or just lack of instruments in general, however I’m holding onto hope that COCC won’t flop since it has a lot of guitars and Jack is definitely better with them than he is with piano :oic3:

Idk what kind of speakers you're listening to Cinnamon Girl on...but babe that song was mastered just fine. The love child of video games and groupie love. However, I do agree with the other songs mentioned. They do have a muffled quality to them that kinda drains the life from the production. Bring back Both Dans (Heath and Auerbach) plz:agree:

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

2 minutes ago, Contemplating God said:

I don't care about Jack THAT much either way, but I hope she makes a third record with him just to see the meltdowns :eartha:

Wooooow:thumb2: you really woke up and chose violence! :judgingu:

1 minute ago, Lustformoney said:

u want lana to tank just to see the meltdowns hmmm:hottie:

Absolutely! I'll still be enjoying :eartha:

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

23 minutes ago, White Hot Forever said:

Also in the music section they put born to die in honeymoon's place :crossed:

Q4UbNES.jpg

DISGUSTING

This whole Jack talk is always coming up one way or another.

Point IS, COCC is gonna be a serve as it's already been serving us looks, sound and vibes! :understand: Jack is gonna serve, Lana is gonna serve, even her cats meowing served us that TJF snippet. :cat:

Let's go back to.hyping:grinds:

Just now, Eclipse said:

Not the Jack discourse again on this lovely blessed day :stareney:

When are they not talking about him

3 hours ago, Lustformoney said:

what production:ma: he muffles everything.  And we r not complaining about Fine china cuz its not even released so why does it matter

Music appreciation is very subjective, and I get why some people would love 'NFR!', but you definitely echo what I think about his sound/production style. For the life of me I don't think I'll ever be able to fully enjoy that album. I hate the way everything sounds muffled, flat, dry, lack bass, has this tinny audio quality and also how the piano is just very basic. Something about his production feels blank, or just lacks sparks.

I hope we hear a departure from that sound on 'COCC', but judging from the two singles, it's more or less the same. 'LYMLYLAW' sounds straight out of 'NFR!' and while the title track has an interesting melodie and good vocals (at least different from the half-spoken tone which she sang most of the last album with), it still sounds, for a lack of a better word, flat.

The way everyone was raving about the last part of the song, the instrumental outro, as being amazing... Well, duh. That was the only part of the song that we could actually clearly hear full on instruments and that they didn't sound muffled or flat. 

Spoiler

I like the melody and vocals of COCC title track, but I won't lie... the instruments are definitely on the backburner compared to the rest of her discography. I prefer when the vocals and instruments mesh together to create an atmosphere, and based off of what I've heard so far I'm not sure if this album will have that

Idk why yall get a stick up the ass about discussing producers and their styles. Unless Lana drops sumn or opens her mouth to cause controversy, wtf else is there to discuss besides the potential sound of the album we're anticipating :smokes:

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend: