Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

Where is that Jack Antonoff dick sucker who is obsessed with NFR! aka Jared :ma:

Didn't he say that COTCC will be a flop:awkney2:

The title track is Lanas best song since 2017...he lost,  we won & he vanished :xgiggle:

Spoiler

It's exam season & that gives me several mood swings, right now I'm bitchy:kim:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

I really don’t get the Jack hate here. True, many of his tracks are piano-based, and he is not as good with piano melodies as Rick, but his vocal arrangements and production overall make up for it. 
Besides, I never heard anyone complain that Fine China is piano-driven... (if she chooses to release anything country-ish or whatever her definition of it might be, she should include Fine China; the lyrics are her most « country / conservative / heartbreaking » ever and would fit that aesthetics).

7 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I really don’t get the Jack hate here. True, many of his tracks are piano-based, and he is not as good with piano melodies as Rick, but his vocal arrangements and production overall make up for it. 
Besides, I never heard anyone complain that Fine China is piano-driven... (if she chooses to release anything country-ish or whatever her definition of it might be, she should include Fine China; the lyrics are her most « country / conservative / heartbreaking » ever and would fit that aesthetics).

what production:ma: he muffles everything.  And we r not complaining about Fine china cuz its not even released so why does it matter

Remember when Lana announced White Hot Forever the same day Norman came out... I though we were crazy for believing it so quickly. We almost made it kids :bebe:

my problem with Jack is that sometimes he botches songs the way that they sound underwhelming like with the guitar solo on The greatest, lack of bass on Cinnamon, the entire underwhelming LMLYLAW or the same boring piano chords all over again. He tends to muffles his instrumentals, where it is trurly unnecessary, or just lack of instruments in general, however I’m holding onto hope that COCC won’t flop since it has a lot of guitars and Jack is definitely better with them than he is with piano :oic3:

5 minutes ago, heroinmelodies said:

my problem with Jack is that sometimes he botches songs the way that they sound underwhelming like with the guitar solo on The greatest, lack of bass on Cinnamon, the entire underwhelming LMLYLAW or the same boring piano chords all over again. He tends to muffles his instrumentals, where it is trurly unnecessary, or just lack of instruments in general, however I’m holding onto hope that COCC won’t flop since it has a lot of guitars and Jack is definitely better with them than he is with piano :oic3:

Agree !! This!!!

COTCC title track sounds actually good even the production,  so I  have hope for this album 

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

6 minutes ago, heroinmelodies said:

it's true that the general impression i have of NFR is 'underwhelming'. for a long-awaited record that was supposed to be reminiscent of the RHCP or introspective sad girl shit, it was just underwhelming. i still think it's good, and it has a stripped down, yet quite rich feel of its own, and many of its songs are good, or really good, but it did not live up to what it promised. Chemtrails however seems way more promising

2 minutes ago, Pico Boulevard said:

Agree !! This!!!

COTCC title track sounds actually good even the production,  so I  have hope for this album 

yess the title track is absolutely amazing, even though it’s subtle with its production but it builds up smoothly and creates a collapse as we get to the bridge with the grand instrumental  :trisha:

Guys I don't know if I should listen to White Dress on my birthday or wait til the album drops. My birthday is 10  days after the White Dress release and I think it would be so nice to have a brandnew Lana song + video as a birthday present 

And I can't remember the last time Lana dropped a song or music video that close to my birthday

OiUHEXQ.jpg

20 minutes ago, Pico Boulevard said:

Guys I don't know if I should listen to White Dress on my birthday or wait til the album drops. My birthday is 10  days after the White Dress release and I think it would be so nice to have a brandnew Lana song + video as a birthday present 

And I can't remember the last time Lana dropped a song or music video that close to my birthday

listen on birthday:oprah3: we will still have like 7 new songs when the album drops

23 minutes ago, Pico Boulevard said:

I wouldn't even be able to wait 10 days after the release :eartha2:

I would rather experience it at the same time as everyone else and it would be hard to avoid spoilers. Just consider it an early birthday present!

2 hours ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

1 hour ago, Lustformoney said:

what production:ma: he muffles everything.  And we r not complaining about Fine china cuz its not even released so why does it matter

I feel like Jack hate comes from his signature sound. 

Listen, I loved NFR, and for another example, I loved Lorde's Melodrama album. But something about his sound, idk, it's "I wanna punch his face" type of sound.

Doesn't take away the fact that I love some of his works. And two albums in a row with his sound can be triggering.

Before I get dragged any further, I'm not ungrateful or even triggered about it. I'll take anything Lana puts out. I'm just giving my opinion on where I think hate towards Jack, comes from. :crossed:

12 minutes ago, Lentilus said:

I feel like Jack hate comes from his signature sound. 

Listen, I loved NFR, and for another example, I loved Lorde's Melodrama album. But something about his sound, idk, it's "I wanna punch his face" type of sound.

Doesn't take away the fact that I love some of his works. And two albums in a row with his sound can be triggering.

Then you have severe issues :eartha:

You're "triggered"? I like you, but get a grip plz

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just now, Contemplating God said:

Then you have severe issues :eartha:

You're "triggered"? I like you, but get a grip plz

ooop, :eek3: now I'm getting dragged. It's what I deserve I guess. :suicide:

I will never understand how people can say Jack’s piano melodies are less good than other producers’ when the NFR title track exists :krylie:

Jack is actually a piano virtuoso y’all—maybe I’m wrong but I don’t recall Rick making many piano melodies at all, it was all usually strings not piano overtures like NFR...