Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

I like running to the track before the sun comes up, that and at night. there's something about the quiet focus that lets the track build. LMLYLAW's like a snowy day in the countryside. 

a perfect setting for me'd be some kind of snowy coast where the wind is cold and the sun's peeking through the curtain of clouds. not hot, but a soft glow. that dull, or tumultuous grey against the colorful sky lit by a setting/covered sun. yeah 

UV/Honeymoon

22 minutes ago, Eclipse said:

Let's be real y'all would be calling COCC & Woman 'warm/summer' songs if they were released around that time :stareney:

tenor.gif?itemid=10549353

xo

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I think the 'sunny' description probably means the album is just a bit happier and more hopeful by Lana's standards.

And I usually do not believe any description of how the album sounds like. Not even by Lana. So it's best to just ignore the sunny description cause most of you will have a different interpretation of how cocc sounds like anyway

nF70D0F.png

The title track actually gives me spooky vibes idk why. Like an unsettling feeling... I feel like she’s painting a picture perfect life in the song but also hinting at something unsettling? Idk I could be reading too much into things. 

40 minutes ago, anwdelrey said:

The title track actually gives me spooky vibes idk why. Like an unsettling feeling... I feel like she’s painting a picture perfect life in the song but also hinting at something unsettling? Idk I could be reading too much into things. 

personally think its the vocal layering, and the slow marching pace combined w the repeating structure and it reminds me of a slowed down 80s song: 
her voice sounds similar to how the synths would sound but of course, it's her voice.

listen to the synths: 

or: 

gives it that spook factor. 

regardless, the synths on Maniac would blend really well w the title track for a spook remix imo. just gotta match the tempos 

UV/Honeymoon

12 hours ago, stupidapartmentcomplex said:

ngl i'm loving the "helping lanabanana11 for his presentation thread" :ma:

When the instructor gives him anything less than an A and we all have to go harass some random professor :wave2:

lmao what is lanaboards.  

1 hour ago, heroinmelodies said:

COCC gives me same wintery vibes as Heroin, Love and half of the UV album :trisha:

wish she’d released it earlier so it’s still snowy outside :rollin:

It's always so funny how music appeals to different people so differently. For me, Ultraviolence and Heroin are both summer songs. Like - really hot-as-hell-summer-songs.

Yet both Love and CoCC feel extremely winter-y. And I too feel like that vibe could carry over to the whole CoCC album, at least judging by LMLYLAW and how the songs were described.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

4 minutes ago, Aphrodite said:

I feel like COCC should have been released in winter too..the tracks that we listened to, the aesthetic of the cover and back cover, give me winter mood and vibes, so honestly the fact that it'll be released in spring doesn't excite me too much, also because i know i won't be in a happy mood because it's the moment when the weather really starts to change and i hate seasons changes. :oprah3:

December 10th would have been perfect but because of the vinyl production January 7th 

Bro, with Dealer being track 8 & Yosemite track 9 

///

I can't believe team cocctober was once team realistic... Lana fooled us hard :toofloppy:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

30 minutes ago, Thunder Corpse said:

It's always so funny how music appeals to different people so differently. For me, Ultraviolence and Heroin are both summer songs. Like - really hot-as-hell-summer-songs.

Yet both Love and CoCC feel extremely winter-y. And I too feel like that vibe could carry over to the whole CoCC album, at least judging by LMLYLAW and how the songs were described.

UV hits differently in the summer and in the winter but I’m obsessed with listening to it in winter time. NFR feels very autumnal to me, LFL springish and Honeymoon I love listening to in the summer. And I hope COCC will feel as wintery as the singles released so far :clapback:

White Dress- 3am when you crying alone in your bed , thinking about better times , your past and so on

Chemtrails Over The Country Club- 5-7 am, the horizon starts to lighten up , the sun is about to rise 

Tulsa Jesus Freak- 6-7 am , you can see the first rays of sun light but everything looks still so innocent but you feel sexy & horny as fuck

Let Me Love You Like A Woman- 7-8 am , the sun is rising and you want someone to hold you & cuddle with, in those early morning hours, it's still pretty cold outside and you can feel a cold breeze on the skin 

Honestly I think this album is going to be a morning album , a sunrise album overall, Yosemite being the peak , maybe 10 am  - 12pm 

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2: