Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

Just now, DCooper said:

I don't understand why people think she needs to promote the album. Sure it would be nice, but it's all just a bonus to the actual record. It's coming March 19th, we know that, and it's all we really need to know. If she wants it to be quiet release and let the music speak for itself, that's totally fine and her choice. I would probably want the same thing if I were her after the shit she's dealt with online this past year. You can blame her all you want for some of the controversy, but that doesn't mean she deserves the insane treatment that has come her way.

She does not, but if she's not willing to do that, I don't get why we can't just have a regular, plannend release schedule. Single - preorder - release. So many other artists do it, it's more or less an automated process if you want to and the artist does not even have to take part in it. But here we are, begging for every little crumb we can get because everything is so chaotic and messy.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Omg when Honeymoon leaked through cassette tapes or store sound system is 28kbs... Chemtrails is really her little sister ~<3.

I think the leak thing is kinda odd. We can't manifest things and, by the end, if it really leaks, it's usually a fuck up from Label (and deep down it's... just too close to even make Lana mad about it. It's her Seventh major record and like... I remember 5 of them leaking earlier. Not that it's a good thing, but it's just commom. It's not nice to "manifest it" tho, but I think this is more of a meme than anything.) If the album doesn't score a "number #1" or something, it's not because it leaked, but a roll out that could have been so much better and it's not like Lana really had to make things to make it happen.

I mean... she "performed" on television. 3 months ago but she did. Little Salvatores won.

More artists than you think will announce a project preemptively and it ends up not coming to fruition. With no apology or explanation either. It comes with the territory of being an artist tied to a record label. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, Thunder Corpse said:

probably not the nicest thing to do, but since it has like 0 impact what someone on here "manifests", it's not like it's actually malicious or anything.

sorry, I know you are a huge fan, but there are 0 (zero) excuses for her announcing a date and then not feeling the need to type 2 sentences on her social media in order to correct that. That has nothing to do ith "trying times", plus she is a rich white woman and not some struggling single-parent working as a nurse.

It's still a malicious thought to wish for an album to leak, even going as far to say that an artist deserves it. Again, no one deserves for their art & work that they put their time, heart, and soul into to leak. 

& I'm agreeing with you on how it's perfectly reasonable to be upset about the messy rollout. What I'm defending here is the fact that it's not okay to wish for an album to leak because an artist "deserves" it - no matter what the circumstance.

& again, we'll never know for sure, but I'm sure a lot of this has to do with the state of the world right now with COVID. Also, money doesn't buy happiness. It doesn't matter if she's rich & privileged, that doesn't make anyone immune from the mental damages COVID can have. You could be the richest person on earth and still be dealing with mental turmoil. Money doesn't magically fix those kinds of things. Sure, she doesn't have to worry about the financial damages COVID has caused, but the mental impacts of COVID can impact anyone - including Lana. She's spoken about the mental effects COVID has had on the world more than once, and I'm sure that comes a place from her personal experiences with it.

So, just be patient with this release rather than wishing for a leak. We've already been so patient, what's 11 days more... seriously x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

lets face it, lana is a boomer, a karen and she does not know shit about pleasing her fans, decent marketing skills, PR + she is lazy af

she is a very hard artist to stan because she does not keep up with the newest trends of promotion, ways of interacting with her audience etc.. she is something different and there s that on that. we cannot be mad at people being mad about it, thats what i think

personally i stan her less and less every era because her laziness and not giving her fans any news/comfort is just tiring and annoying, it feels like she doesnt even try to make people like her more and stop treating her like this karen stereotype she fell into.. she has every right to be that way as well as we have every right to say what we think about that period

3 minutes ago, cinnamongirI said:

THIS.. like let her write her poetry and do what she wants. her album is still going to perform well so what’s the point of promoting. There’s still obviously going to be some sort of promo so we’ll just have to wait. but hoping an album leaks because of her silence.... the lowest is where

I do agree with you, but I'd like to add that even if we know she's a legend and always manages to stay successful, I don't want things to go down someday. I mean, I hope we don't see the day an album of hers is an utter flop, so she better plan her eras better (if she wants to stay as relevant). She doesn't owe us anything, I'm just saying :ohno:

9 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

i mean i dont care tbh it was disrespectful of her to not acknowledge or even apologize for september 5th so im still salty about that, but whatever it's old news, regarding cocc a leak is inevitable whether or not she or we deserve it, i love lana and i don't necessarily want the album to leak totally, but if it does i really wouldn't care and wouldn't feel sympathetic in the slightest and i would 100% be listening to it and getting heavily drunk :beyonce:

If you don't care, and if you love Lana, stop posting about how you would love a leak and log out for a few, it might be helpful x

Gangster Nancy Sinatra
"And I want revenge"

Just now, PARADIXO said:

I do agree with you, but I'd like to add that even if we know she's a legend and always manages to stay successful, I don't want things to go down someday. I mean, I hope we don't see the day an album of hers is an utter flop, so she better plan her eras better (if she wants to stay as relevant). She doesn't owe us anything, I'm just saying :ohno:

yeah like i said multiple times, they’re going to eventually do promo. chemtrails is already a success and it’d be so stupid to not do anything after the album is released. i’m sure lana’s label has something in mind

1 minute ago, Contemplating God said:

More artists than you think will announce a project preemptively and it ends up not coming to fruition. With no apology or explanation either. It comes with the territory of being an artist tied to a record label. 

Knee-jerk reaction here is Kerli. Poor girl tried so hard to give us everything she could and things just kept scrapping. Lana is gonna come through. Today's a bit intense here but these past few months every time this board gets upset, there she is. This must be do anxiety inducing for her-i mean she knows that there's at least some major pubs that are just gonna rip her up and down. And she just found a way out of that not long ago, so to have to go through that again, despite the fact that her craft and artistry has grown immensely-is not going to be a fun ordeal for her. But she can post a picture of Nico, I'll take that. Or some pearls :)

1 minute ago, Elle said:

& again, we'll never know for sure, but I'm sure a lot of this has to do with the state of the world right now with COVID. Also, money doesn't buy happiness. It doesn't matter if she's rich & privileged, that doesn't make anyone immune from the mental damages COVID can have. You could be the richest person on earth and still be dealing with mental turmoil. Money doesn't magically fix those kinds of things. Sure, she doesn't have to worry about the financial damages COVID has caused, but the mental impacts of COVID can impact anyone - including Lana. She's spoken about the mental effects COVID has had on the world more than once, and I'm sure that comes a place from her personal experiences with it.

Yeh, but she went out and wore a meshmask and attended parties and posted 200 selfies but the pandemic affected her so bad she could not even write a "album's delayed"-one liner? Sorry, not buying it.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

3 minutes ago, Bunny Mozart said:

Ya'll ain't gonna like this but to some extent, it IS an artist's duty to at least give fans some kind of clarification regarding delays and things like that. It really isn't as hard as ya'll are making it out to be. I mean Jesus, if Lana can write an entire essay about Question for the Culture which nobody asked for, then how hard is it to send out a single tweet which reads "Hey guys, the album is taking longer due to ___ whatever reason" - Done!

That could/should also fall on Interscope or her managers though. And for me at least, her video on set of Chemtrails before Sept 5 was more than enough of an acknowledgement that the album wasn't coming Sept 5th, and then she did post a video early November explaining the further delays. Since then, she gave us one of her best videos ever and I think that alone is all the promo/hype I need to be super excited. The only thing that disappointed me was no acknowledgment of the covers album being delayed because we thought we were getting a Christmas gift and then Santa never came, but at least a couple days before that we got our first major glimpse of Chemtrails and we knew it was coming much sooner than expected at that point.

1 minute ago, Thunder Corpse said:

She does not, but if she's not willing to do that, I don't get why we can't just have a regular, plannend release schedule. Single - preorder - release. So many other artists do it, it's more or less an automated process if you want to and the artist does not even have to take part in it. But here we are, begging for every little crumb we can get because everything is so chaotic and messy.

Lana has never done promo or album rollouts in the traditional way that some people want from her, so at this point I think we're the chaotic messy ones for expecting otherwise. So many other artists doing it is irrelevant to me, Lana is Lana, not so many other artists. She'll always release her projects this way, but thankfully we get something major every year or two.

I feel like we have this same exact argument at the same time before every era. :toofunny:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

7 minutes ago, heavvyhitter said:

lets face it, lana is a boomer, a karen and she does not know shit about pleasing her fans, decent marketing skills, PR + she is lazy af

she is a very hard artist to stan because she does not keep up with the newest trends of promotion, ways of interacting with her audience etc.. she is something different and there s that on that. we cannot be mad at people being mad about it, thats what i think

personally i stan her less and less every era because her laziness and not giving her fans any news/comfort is just tiring and annoying, it feels like she doesnt even try to make people like her more and stop treating her like this karen stereotype she fell into.. she has every right to be that way as well as we have every right to say what we think about that period

This sent me omg

I've been staning Lana since the beginning so I think I know how "difficult" it can be sometimes. She's not like a regular artist in any aspect, that's for sure. I also remember how, back in the day, people didn't like that she got an ig account and was sharing more about her life because "it made her look less mysterious". So yeah... I think over the years many fans liked to think they own Lana, her persona, her vision, her art, her creation. And the truth is... we don't. I know you all hate in when someone says "just take it or leave it" but that's pretty much it. If you don't like what she's doing, if she annoys you, if you think she's not what she used to, if you don't like the way she handles things, nobody is forcing you to stay. You may be a regular fan that doesn't follow her day by day, like many do. Sorry but I hate to read rude comments about her, I personally am here because I absolutely adore her and admire her. And yeah, she messes up, and yes, she lied about the release date, and yes, she hasn't say a word for the last few weeks. Honestly hating on her and wishing the album to leak "cause its what she deserves" just because she doesn't meet your expectations is pretty weird to me.