Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

4 minutes ago, Lustrouslines said:

I think Lana is a big part of these type of feelings. Lana just doesn’t seem into anything anymore herself which leaves the fans stranded on the line of disinterest. At this point we make a lot of excuses, “maybe she will do promo for the next single”, “maybe the next album will sound ___”. Lana I feel has completely turned her focus to her intimate life and will continue to make music because that’s what she loves, but won’t feed into promo because she never has wanted to. I fear that the NFR loss of album of the year and the QFTC backlash really did a number with her perception of fame and everything and intentionally chooses to live in the shadows to not receive anymore unwarranted hate. With this, no promo goes hand in hand.

tbh i don’t think that’s that bad in the long term. i mean most people hate her anyway nowadays and even if they don’t hate her they either stopped stanning her, aren’t interested in her and her music anymore or don’t wanna get to know her because they think she’s a racist weird witch even if she isn’t. and vice versa, she always hated fame, the industry, promotion... i’d rather she doesn’t say or do anything and gives us a ton of heavenly music in short time spans, which she always did, and just focuses on her life. cause the other option is forcing her to do and say things she doesn’t want to which would ultimately just result in her getting fed up, disappearing for ever and us losing her musical gift. so i guess her being silent and not being a "star" anymore is the price we have to pay for her music, which is kinda fine to me... even if it sucks at times. as long as she’s happy we should be too. 

5 minutes ago, kitschesque said:

I wonder if she's staying silent on purpose? So that the music speaks for itself? Will it be a silent era altogether? :oic3:

Like I told. She was with Nikki at fishing and she dropped her iPhone to water:smokes:

IG post was posted on one of her friends borrowed phone

1 hour ago, cru3lworld said:

yes we have it's been confirmed as fake 

Spoiler

Thank God it is fake, I have already decided this album will be at least 14 songs long :party:

2 minutes ago, palemoonbaby said:

Like I told. She was with Nikki at fishing and she dropped her iPhone to water:smokes:

IG post was posted on one of her friends borrowed phone

now how do you know this

she's gonna post later today

happy qftc anniversary!!!!!!!! one year later we are still traumatized  :gurl: :awkney2:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

17 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

PLS don’t act like 95% of their catalogue isn’t hip-hop or at least pop infused and this is neither :eyeroll2:

I love this gif so much :eyeroll2:  that one lazy eye :eyeroll2:

But here's the deal, ’cause I know you wanna talk about it: I'm not acting. Just saying that they also make other music than hiphop. :mj:

1 minute ago, dungdung said:

its all started with honeymoon:twirls:

exactly, when i know for a fact every single person on here would eat up honeymoon from A to Z if it came out today :willcut:

Just now, COCC said:

I love this gif so much :eyeroll2:  that one lazy eye :eyeroll2:

But here's the deal, ’cause I know you wanna talk about it: I'm not acting. Just saying that they also make other music than hiphop. :mj:

right sjsjs her lazy eye fits so well i love her :wub:

no i know you’re right but i get why people were expecting sumn different from mike. well at least it’s not a selena gomez rare mess so i guess that’s a win right :hottie:

24 minutes ago, Lustrouslines said:

I think Lana is a big part of these type of feelings. Lana just doesn’t seem into anything anymore herself which leaves the fans stranded on the line of disinterest. At this point we make a lot of excuses, “maybe she will do promo for the next single”, “maybe the next album will sound ___”. Lana I feel has completely turned her focus to her intimate life and will continue to make music because that’s what she loves, but won’t feed into promo because she never has wanted to. I fear that the NFR loss of album of the year and the QFTC backlash really did a number with her perception of fame and everything and intentionally chooses to live in the shadows to not receive anymore unwarranted hate. With this, no promo goes hand in hand.

16 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

tbh i don’t think that’s that bad in the long term. i mean most people hate her anyway nowadays and even if they don’t hate her they either stopped stanning her, aren’t interested in her and her music anymore or don’t wanna get to know her because they think she’s a racist weird witch even if she isn’t. and vice versa, she always hated fame, the industry, promotion... i’d rather she doesn’t say or do anything and gives us a ton of heavenly music in short time spans, which she always did, and just focuses on her life. cause the other option is forcing her to do and say things she doesn’t want to which would ultimately just result in her getting fed up, disappearing for ever and us losing her musical gift. so i guess her being silent and not being a "star" anymore is the price we have to pay for her music, which is kinda fine to me... even if it sucks at times. as long as she’s happy we should be too. 

Thank you both for your insight on my post. I'm totally aware that Lana is an evolving woman and her interests ebbs and flows as she grows. Through the years, I too, have evolved and my interests change; I believe we all experience that as we get older. Maybe it's just as simple as my evolution is taking me in a different direction than Lana's, and for the first time in a decade that change is becoming obvious. 

Don't get me wrong, Lana is still the artist I gravitate to, but something about her recently has been off-putting to me and I feel it in her music the most. She's getting very introverted and that's great for her personally, but I'm just somewhere else nowadays I guess.

15 minutes ago, TJFreak said:

Why no one is reacting to the singles tho?

:eartha2:

I did and I felt they were lyrically deep, but sonically shallow ??‍♂️

OqqaAZJt.png     B4iWPK3.gif     OqqaAZJt.png

2 minutes ago, Ultraviolencequeen said:

Also I feel like this album coming must be longer than usual or she wouldn’t be releasing this much music now? I hope!

I’m also wondering why there are so many songs out already. 
A couple of reasons come to mind: 

1- a long record like you said 

2- the three songs kinda form a super personal EP that would transition well into the « lighter tone » of the other songs.

3- it’s another VB and Mac situation and the record is not done (I really hope it’s not that reason, I’m still traumatized by the NFR pre-release).

39 minutes ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

So guys what musical influences are going to fulfill Blue Banisters the album? Based on the three singles I heard jazz, contemporary, alternative.... I definitely wasn’t expecting the verses on Text Book to be as juicy as they are. Anyhow, keeping the convo *~on topic~* where do you see the album going sonically?

A more alternative Chemtrails. The three singles have many shifts in rhythm. Chemtrails wasn’t going at all in that direction (and it’s why I feel it’s leaving me a bit high and dry: the production is there, very layered and rich though minimal, but the melodies stay simple, which never occurred in any album from her)

Textbook is like a stripped-down honeymoon song. For me, wildflower / wildfire is a born to die / classic rock mix.  Both very raw and experimental, but clearly Lana del Rey's handwriting.  Her old soul shines out of these songs. This dreamy vibe with this emotional intensity, only Lana can do it.

I think a lot of people are expecting an upbeat song. Me too. But these powerful ballads we haven´t seen from her for a long time. I think the album will have a few more upbeat songs in store, but these songs promise that it will be an album that will build on her great successes.

its not simple its trigonometry on We Heart It

19 minutes ago, J.R.OMEGA said:

Don't get me wrong, Lana is still the artist I gravitate to, but something about her recently has been off-putting to me and I feel it in her music the most. She's getting very introverted and that's great for her personally, but I'm just somewhere else nowadays I guess.

and that’s totally valid too dont worry. i think we’ve all outgrown friends or lovers and this is no different. that’s life, those things happen. tho maybe the rest of the album will give you more of what you want/need. or the album after. or the one after. :krylie:

I really really don’t see this being a NFR release situation..it would seem BOZ already has the album, unless he just had/knew about the three singles, but the way he talked it seems like he has more. Plus he did just listen to untitled songs on Last.fm

With the way Lana announced the June 1st and then July 4th date I think if it was coming super later she’d post another ‘ALBUM OUT [date]”

we got confirmation she’s been working on this album since October, it’d be weird if she didn’t have a good chunk of the album done after 9* months. (Can’t do math)

I think we’re all traumatized by NFR (and COTCC a little) but she seems more present in this (she said she couldn’t wait for us to hear the album like a month ago)

I feel like her next *music* post will be the preorder/the current date for it 

"Don’t forget me"

25 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

I really really don’t see this being a NFR release situation..it would seem BOZ already has the album, unless he just had/knew about the three singles, but the way he talked it seems like he has more. Plus he did just listen to untitled songs on Last.fm

With the way Lana announced the June 1st and then July 4th date I think if it was coming super later she’d post another ‘ALBUM OUT [date]”

we got confirmation she’s been working on this album since October, it’d be weird if she didn’t have a good chunk of the album done after 9* months. (Can’t do math)

I think we’re all traumatized by NFR (and COTCC a little) but she seems more present in this (she said she couldn’t wait for us to hear the album like a month ago)

I feel like her next *music* post will be the preorder/the current date for it 

This is what I think too. And she did releases three songs, and not two like previous eras (and they don’t feel like « sister tracks » like she calls them). Like you said, her second date, so close to the first, makes me think it’s really coming this summer.