Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

One of you said that you did not understand why Lana posted the QFTC post right after being acclaimed by the critics, it is quite simple, what better time to remind people who attacked you that they hurt you and that they were hypocrites just when they themselves are praising what you do now... it's like when you are only with people when they are winning, and what about when they are losing?
We saw that evidenced in Chemtrails and probably in BB as well (I just realised that Lana is obsessed with name dropping, QFCT post, Chemtrails album and apparently BB too)

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

16 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

One of you said that you did not understand why Lana posted the QFTC post right after being acclaimed by the critics, it is quite simple, what better time to remind people who attacked you that they hurt you and that they were hypocrites just when they themselves are praising what you do now... it's like when you are only with people when they are winning, and what about when they are losing?
We saw that evidenced in Chemtrails and probably in BB as well (I just realised that Lana is obsessed with name dropping, QFCT post, Chemtrails album and apparently BB too)

The perfect time to pull the rug out from under her critics feet. "You like me now? Well I still don't like you :smokes3:"

19 minutes ago, COCC said:

Maybe that was the last straw, you could be right. On the other hand I think she knew she didn't have a chance against Billie, her record was just massive and Billie was / still is one of the most adored singers.

Gosh I wish Lana would finally explain her motivation behind BB and how it is connected to her QFTC, critics and so on. Let's manifest a dramatic and revealing interview with Oprah where she outdoes Harry and Meghan.

giphy.gif

I would adore if Lana ever released a documentary about her life. Her career is just too interesting and curious. From her May Jailer era, to who she has become now. I'm sure she has lived many experiences throughout her life, and while she has talked about it on her songs, it would be interesting to have a more deep insight on her life :smokes:

I would also like to know more about the process of the creation of her music. How does she come up with those ideas, how does she execute them, etc. Her music is so rich and detailed, it'd be so fun :defeated:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

5 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

I would adore if Lana ever released a documentary about her life. Her career is just too interesting and curious. From her May Jailer era, to who she has become now. I'm sure she has lived many experiences throughout her life, and while she has talked about it on her songs, it would be interesting to have a more deep insight on her life :smokes:

I would also like to know more about the process of the creation of her music. How does she come up with those ideas, how does she execute them, etc. Her music is so rich and detailed, it'd be so fun :defeated:

Yes! I remember how fascinated I was when she used to sing through a piece of paper to create some songs on LFL. Would love to know more about the process, especially because she complained multiple times how the critics write more about her than about her music. And what better way to tell your story if not through a documentary? 

@Ben I know your are lurking, call Netflix :judgingu:

I think Lana's true idea of revenge is forcing the critics to pay attention to the music with those revealing yet poetic lyrics - mark my words she's gonna top NFR! in terms of critical reception and lyrical content just look at how amazing the three songs are!

She's gonna blow us out of the water I just know it :excited:

14 minutes ago, gsnlp said:

Lana is writing songs like she have never did. Lyrically speaking, this are 3 of her best songs. AMAZING PERIODT.

yes!! She's really pouring herself on these tracks, I'm so excited for more! These songs just fucked me up! :krylie::crai:

Happy as the moonshine

3 hours ago, anwdelrey said:

Fantano put all three songs under best tracks of the week. He said he liked Text Book the best and called Wildflower the weakest link. But overall he enjoyed them all. 

Maybe I prefer Fanta over Coke after all......

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

3 hours ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

there's a long way to go until the end of the year, anything can happen??

There’s actually not that much time- only albums released by (the last day of) August are eligible. So, there’s only summer left.

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

3 hours ago, plastiscguy said:

While I think the Grammy situation was the last straw, there must have been something else going on behind the scenes. Lana was after all, praised a lot for Norman, so I was confused as to why she decided to reply to the critics after all that time. What really happened to her or through her mind for her to finally snap and say enough is enough? I'm so curious, hopefully we'll get some answers on the album :smokes:

This has always been my question too!!!! I mean, the Grammy’s were long done, we were all in the middle of a pandemic, she hadn’t released anything, hadn’t done any interview... When I saw that post, I thought that it was true, what she said, but not her best writing, and I was sure I had missed some news or critic regarding her, for her to snap back like that... 

anyways... She’s been posting album-related news every three weeks since the beginning of 2021... Do we expect anything sooner than mid-June?

I am so shook, i was away during the pre-release of 3 singles time (what a f emotional rollercoaster) but I did read everything in this thread. That's why many of you have hearts from me. :hae: I need to think about these songs but I really love them. I agree that her writing improved since NFR and COCC era and came back to classical Lana. WW is my fav and I almost cried when I heard about her mother this heartbreaking line... :rollin::crying4:

Edit: should I move that post to singles thread/topic? I feel lost, where can I talk about these 3 singles?

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b9525104eb9fe0669c44f

46 minutes ago, ProstituteStares said:

I am so shook, i was away during the pre-release of 3 singles time (what a f emotional rollercoaster) but I did read everything in this thread. That's why many of you have hearts from me. :hae: I need to think about these songs but I really love them. I agree that her writing improved since NFR and COCC era and came back to classical Lana. WW is my fav and I almost cried when I heard about her mother this heartbreaking line... :rollin::crying4:

Edit: should I move that post to singles thread/topic? I feel lost, where can I talk about these 3 singles?

And the best posts have been moved to the single-threads aka a place where I will never go :krylie:

I‘m so curious how this era will work. The three singles haven been called „buzz singles“ in a similar way that VB and MAC have been called „fan singles“. I remember Lana saying she wanted them to be released because they were the core of NFR for her. But VB and MAC weren‘t the title track and we also got a really good interview with them*. It also doesn‘t make sense to have a music video for BB at this point?

*I still remember how I listened to VB on a bus drive in the evening  :krylie:

5 hours ago, anwdelrey said:

I think Chemtrails will get an AOTY nom. There haven’t been many big releases this year. 

not many big releases for NOW but billie, lorde, rihanna, adele, probably beyoncé, taylor already has and probably will drop something again, they’ll all drop their highly anticipated albums during the year i don’t think miss cocc stands a single chance for a nom let alone a win...

guys i don't know if this has been discussed before but that last.fm guy (actuallylucas) has been streaming text book and wildflower wildfire since May 7... were we aware of those songs' existence before Eclipse posted about them a couple of days before release? and he's also been streaming loved you then and now A LOT for the past month, which is a good sign as to the song's quality. how do we think people got their hands on it? do we think it's the mysterious track that had been mastered with Dealer and the rest of them? why do we think he has got his hands on lytan but not (apparently) on Dealer?

also he scrobbled garden of eden only twice... we lost

5 minutes ago, Future Jazz said:

guys i don't know if this has been discussed before but that last.fm guy (actuallylucas) has been streaming text book and wildflower wildfire since May 7... were we aware of those songs' existence before Eclipse posted about them a couple of days before release? and he's also been streaming loved you then and now A LOT for the past month, which is a good sign as to the song's quality. how do we think people got their hands on it? do we think it's the mysterious track that had been mastered with Dealer and the rest of them? why do we think he has got his hands on lytan but not (apparently) on Dealer?

also he scrobbled garden of eden only twice... we lost

Maybe he changed the titles of the songs after they were released and that's why we didn't notice... but he's legit cause he posted BB lyrics some weeks ago

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

Maybe he changed the titles of the songs after they were released and that's why we didn't notice... but he's legit cause he posted BB lyrics some weeks ago

yeah and he also had French Restaurant when we didn't even know it existed, and also posted White Dress lyrics a long time ago, i definitely think his scrobbles are real, meaning he's got the songs he scrobbled for real, i.e. loved you then and now, but also garden of eden, sugary sweet, unidentified flying bill, bird world, as well as something called "looking for america (demo)"

Just now, Lentilus said:

I just scrobbled Dealer on Last fm....:oop2:

vuP3qSc_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Don't believe all these fake scribbles guys, it's too easy to edit the tags. 

yeah but like he did have songs before anyone we know of had them, like blue banisters, white dress, french restaurant, so it's likely to me he also has stuff like sugary sweet, but indeed we can't know for sure