Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

1 minute ago, shady said:

Lmao not even fans like it but you're right, only super stans like it. 

i think we're underestimating chemtrails, people DO like it, even if you don't, or maybe the opinion of lanaboards in general is that it's boring, obviously people still stream the album, buy the vinyls, etc. i'm aware that it's not performing the absolute best, and that could be a combination of things, very low-key release, qftc, etc. i can admit that it's not as stand-out as her previous albums and it does pale in comparison to nfr, but i think we need to give it some credit, it's a very nice album with great tracks, such as white dress, tulsa jesus freak, dbjag, & yosemite

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

12 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i think we're underestimating chemtrails, people DO like it, even if you don't, or maybe the opinion of lanaboards in general is that it's boring, obviously people still stream the album, buy the vinyls, etc. i'm aware that it's not performing the absolute best, and that could be a combination of things, very low-key release, qftc, etc. i can admit that it's not as stand-out as her previous albums and it does pale in comparison to nfr, but i think we need to give it some credit, it's a very nice album with great tracks, such as white dress, tulsa jesus freak, dbjag, & yosemite

I've heard opinions outside of LanaBoards and people still like it less than her other albums or don't like it at all. It sells but her older albums still have more demand (trust me, I've been in every single record store). It's not a total flop but people like it less than her other work, including fans. What's worse is that it's got a lot of undeserving bad publicity because of its timing and the "racist" cover but it's ironically the most innocent album by a mainstream artist that came out recently. I like Breaking Up Slowly, Yosemite and Dance Till We Die but I often skip them and they're non comparable to her older stuff. It's not bad but I think it will be the forgotten album every artist has in their career. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

The depth of Text Book’s instrumental has me flawed honestly.. it’s so rich. 

also, the way she sings ‘it’s true darlin’ in wildflower, it gives me that buzz..

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

I love Chemtrails Over The Country Club and it's not even a joke. The flow is just perfect imo, the lyrics, the melody, the production (even the production), everything is so well-made. The only thing I disliked is the For Free ending, which is very abrupt, but besides this, it's a 10/10 for me, only behind Honeymoon (a 11/10).