Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

It’s interesting (and sad) to see how many people are hating on Cherry Blossom since Lana hinted that it’ll be on the album. When it was still only another unreleased song, I read nothing but praise for it.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I get that people want new songs for the album but those two specific songs she picked have some significance to the album's themes :oprah3:

Thunder: literally a natural continuation to the stories from the singles - specifically Wildflower Wildfire she wants that man GONE :burn:

Cherry Blossom: would be a perfect closer imo the intimate calm after the storm (get it cuz Thunder :sass:) truly one of her best written :hooker:

Just now, Clampigirl said:

It’s interesting (and sad) to see how many people are hating on Cherry Blossom since Lana hinted that it’ll be on the album. When it was still only another unreleased song, I read nothing but praise for it.

I'll be honest with you, Cherry Blossom seems to me like a piano song with beautiful lyrics but I don't find the transcendental in it when it comes to rhythm or production; Maybe Lana will remake it and call my attention more.

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

1 minute ago, not all who wander r lost said:

I get that people want new songs for the album but those two specific songs she picked have some significance to the album's themes :oprah3:

Thunder: literally a natural continuation to the stories from the singles - specifically Wildflower Wildfire she wants that man GONE :burn:

Cherry Blossom: would be a perfect closer imo the intimate calm after the storm (get it cuz Thunder :sass:) truly one of her best written :hooker:

It’s kind of sad because clearly Lana sees the significance of adding these songs to the album, and the direction/vision she wants to bring to life, yet people are hating on it. I understand wanting new songs we’ve never heard before, and I’d be saying the same if we hadn’t gotten a whole other album just a few months ago - but we did, so I can appreciate Lana choosing Thunder and Cherry Blossom for BB. 

the Cherry Blossom slander stops now! :nails:

I get it's another piano ballad but it's perfect the way it is - knowing her she'll improve it but I'd be perfectly fine with the leaked 2013 version :hooker:

7 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

I'll be honest with you, Cherry Blossom seems to me like a piano song with beautiful lyrics but I don't find the transcendental in it when it comes to rhythm or production; Maybe Lana will remake it and call my attention more.

I agree with you, kind of. The versions of Cherry Blossom that I’ve heard are really just Lana singing over simple piano chords, and that’s really not very exciting. I’ve always loved the lyrics though, they’re very sweet.

I’ve seen those recordings as a demo take, something she recorded to keep and maybe revisit later. I want to believe she’s worked more with it, instrumentally wise, because I’m not sure she can go with another piano ballad after Change, hope (which is gorgeous and I wouldn’t change anything), and For Free. I hope she’ll do a Black Beauty, not saying she should turn it into a rock ballad but that I hope she’s worked on it and added more instruments, maybe brought some strings back. Maybe something like Bel Air. :flutter: Then I think it would be worthy to put on the album.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

37 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

How she comes up with the melodies is what gets me--I have a few talents but songwriting is not one of them. She's so prolific, it's amazing. She's progressing to the point of other great songwriters and artists from the past with huge catalogs, from Sam Cooke, Joni Mitchell, Leonard Cohen, Bowie, Bruce Springsteen, Led Zeppelin and Bob Dylan to Prince, R.E.M. and Tori Amos. 

And some artists are famous for one or two good or great songs only. Meanwhile, LDR is producing everything from 'Summertime Sadness,' 'Video Games' and 'Ride' to 'Black Beauty,' 'Old Money,' 'Terrence Loves You,' '13 Beaches,' 'Heroin,' 'Venice Bitch,' 'The Greatest,' 'Yosemite' and 'Windflower Wildfire' in less than 10 years, and of course, another 20 or more great songs, not counting unreleased material like 'Angels Forever.'  

Springsteen is right to call her a great songwriter. And that's high praise from an Establishment figure and Rock legend. 

I think the new single will be added to the list of her masterpieces.  But yes, Wildfire, Wildflower is the song from the new album so far that convinces me the most.

its not simple its trigonometry on We Heart It

I really like Cherry Blossom but I'd be more excited if it didn't leak and we only had that snippet she randomly sang on Instagram. I'm still looking forward to it cause I like the song and I know she's going to rework it into a masterpiece :smile2:

giphy.gif

I’m excited for Cherry Blossom. Absolutely one of my favourite unreleased tracks. But I do hope she adds some strings to the album version, seeing as we kind of already have a full piano version. And I hope she doesn’t change the lyrics. It’s beautiful as is. 

nF70D0F.png

13 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

i dont get her piano obsession. if she want ballads so bad she could at least switch to acoustic guitar once in a while

i like the piano tbh but i do wish she would add other instruments  and build up the choruses/bridges like she used to do so damn well :trisha: give us a melatron pls lana

Spoiler

when i think of acoustic guitar + ballad all i can think of now is olivia rodrigo sorry

mUENGN9.png