Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

9 minutes ago, opheliaandthemotel said:

Same as a piano player im biased

I prefer her piano music over acoustic guitar music, but her electric guitar music over both

me exact opinion

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

While other artists just basically being lazy with a basic ass / blurry ass / fake-deep indie looking photo with no text, putting some parental advisory tag on it and call it an album cover, Lana DID LITERALLY SERVE with NFR cover that year - sonically and visually, yet people are too dumb to actually appreciate it.

Now thanks to ur ungrateful hoes, she downplayed the album cover thing, that was really sad. Y'all always asking for a Born to Die cover 2.0 for what? And that's why she gave us COTCC album cover :oprah:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

8 minutes ago, brandon said:

my thoughts exactly, blue banisters is just kinda.. plain, her titles usually evoke so much and this one just… doesnt? cover wise, it’s beautiful and she looks amazing but she can do better artistically, cocc alt and nfr were SERVES - the only thing i hated about it was her outfit :rollin:idk which one of y’all made this but this is what it shoulda been.. like imagine :flutter:E5i3-OHUcAEsgw4.jpg

This looks so boring that neon jacket is iconic 

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

4 minutes ago, Clampigirl said:

The only thing I don’t like about the new(?) cover art is the white border. I wasn’t a fan of the HM UO version and not LFL either. :/

damn I absolutlely love the white border because it reminds me of polaroids, I think it looks much better than having the text on the photo (talking about those specific covers)

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

The first time I listened to the snippet I thought she was going to say "My body is a map of LA, I stand straight like an A" like the letter A and now I can't think about anything else when that part comes :thumb3: (stranger than a stranger vibes)

giphy.gif

8 minutes ago, Clampigirl said:

The only thing I don’t like about the new(?) cover art is the white border. I wasn’t a fan of the HM UO version and not LFL either. :/

I feel like it clashes with Lust For Life... the border is one of the things that made that cover stand out/unique in her discog. I also think she has this same problem about cover arts clashing with Chemtrails because Ultraviolence being the only B&W cover really made it stand out and said alot about the album before you even listened to it but now it doesnt feel as special anymore...

What is wrong with the thread? I remember logging into this thread and seeing y'all going wild and rejoice with Cherry Blossom & Thunder ended up in the album and now y'all complaining about these 2 songs? Make up your mind :xgiggle:

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

5 minutes ago, PeroxidePrincess said:

This looks so boring that neon jacket is iconic 

thank you

her neon baddie jacket >>>>>>>>>

I love how she's wearing neon yellow nail polish on NFR cover and pale yellow on BB 

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

I think if she's obsessed by piano it's because she's more jazzy than rock in her influences.

Honestly, I don't understand how a LDR fan can be bored by her piano songs :makeup: It's one of her main thing since the beginning.

The album title "Blue Banister" sounds quite boring, but i think it will be a very domestic / woody record, so it seems to fit and it's a little out of the blue so it will leave its trace.

I manifest for a 15 songs album without Cherry Blossom.

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

16 hours ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

thank you

her neon baddie jacket >>>>>>>>>

I love how she's wearing neon yellow nail polish on NFR cover and pale yellow on BB 

talking about "baddie"

Notice how Lana been going with a more basic, casual, less-glamorous looks ever since she hang out with her baddie friends and wanting to be an ig "baddie"? She seems prefer being in the background and let other people shine. :lange:

18 minutes ago, brandon said:

my thoughts exactly, blue banisters is just kinda.. plain, her titles usually evoke so much and this one just… doesnt? cover wise, it’s beautiful and she looks amazing but she can do better artistically, cocc alt and nfr were SERVES - the only thing i hated about it was her outfit :rollin:idk which one of y’all made this but this is what it shoulda been.. like imagine :flutter:E5i3-OHUcAEsgw4.jpg

I like the original tbh! Her clothing rly situated the album in a time and place

mUENGN9.png

5 minutes ago, Tropico Angel said:

What is wrong with the thread? I remember logging into this thread and seeing y'all going wild and rejoice with Cherry Blossom & Thunder ended up in the album and now y'all complaining about these 2 songs? Make up your mind :xgiggle:

Well it’s Lanaboards :ahh:

I am more than thrilled for Thunder but a little less for Cherry Blossom. That being said, it’s not a bad song at all and in the context of the album, maybe I’ll fall in love with it. I can’t wait for the album now. The lyrics just are ? on all the tracks we know/heard so far. 

5 minutes ago, Tropico Angel said:

talking about "baddie"

Notice how Lana been going with a more basic, casual, less-glamorous looks ever since she hang out with her baddie friends and wanting to be an ig "baddie"? She seems prefer being in the background and let other people shine. :lange:

Have you seen the original NFR! cover? The only reason why we have the new and official one is because of Ben, not Lana. She's in that mood since LFL.

I think cherry blossom is a really good pick for the album, considering how strong the theme of motherhood already is on it. Like she’s singing to her inner child the things she wished her mom had said to her

18 minutes ago, Tropico Angel said:

While other artists just basically being lazy with a basic ass / blurry ass / fake-deep indie looking photo with no text, putting some parental advisory tag on it and call it an album cover, Lana DID LITERALLY SERVE with NFR cover that year - sonically and visually, yet people are too dumb to actually appreciate it.

Now thanks to ur ungrateful hoes, she downplayed the album cover thing, that was really sad. Y'all always asking for a Born to Die cover 2.0 for what? And that's why she gave us COTCC album cover :oprah:

i LOVEEEE the nfr cover it’s gorgeous. i do wish it was textless tho, the comic font kinda ruins it

Just now, The Greatest said:

the things she wished her mom had said to her

don’t make me cry oh my god 

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

And when you're scared, I'll be right here
You feel afraid, mommy is there
It's a cruel, cruel world
But we don't care
'Cause what we've got, we've got to share :trisha:

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

Just now, gsnlp said:

i feel like WW will be the opener and for the first time BB (title track) will be the closer

I want BB to be the closer, but if that's the case... I really hope it isn't the title track anymore then. I would HATE if she breaks the tradition of the title track being track 1 or 2 :toofunny:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

Just now, plastiscguy said:

I want BB to be the closer, but if that's the case... I really hope it isn't the title track anymore then. I would HATE if she breaks the tradition of the title track being track 1 or 2 :toofunny:

it looks like she's been breaking traditions for some time. she broke the car tradition, the stand-alone on the cover tradition and i kinda feel this is going to be one of those cases but i'll be sad tho 

0YnL0Kf.gif

17 hours ago, Writer In The Dark said:

Have you seen the original NFR! cover? The only reason why we have the new and official one is because of Ben, not Lana. She's in that mood since LFL.

is that the coverthat she was meditating with her girlfriends? i actually like that one too, it looks weird.