Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

i think rock candy sweet is just a lyric from LYTAN, and LYTAN and Dealer are different tracks. y'all doing too much with the track 8 craziness 

He said loved you then and now wasn’t written for COCC and that shes been very into revisiting past material recently so it’s probably an older unleaked like Yosemite was 

it’s also not dealer, this tracklist and her randomly saying it was track 8 at Barnes and noble :rip: are probably not all that related 

1 minute ago, cru3lworld said:

WHAT? I dont get it.

Rock Candy Sweet are lyrics, not a song. 

The lyrics are from the song Loved you then and now

Love you then and now is a scrapped song from COCC

Love you then and now is formerly Dealer.

I hate it here. The misinformation. But also I will love whatever is on Blue Banisters, in no way do i have an "expectation" of what it should sound like. Lana surprises me with every album and I can't wait to see where she takes us with this. 

You are correct on all accounts... except maybe Love You Then and Now being Dealer. The only indication that it could be the case is that it was supposed to be track 8 on COCC (same as Dealer was supposed to be) and Eclipse might have implied it... It’s really speculation rather than fact right now. 

Now I am even more confused :bebe:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

Do we ALL think this era started on the anniversary of QFTC, because... she didn’t say a word about the anniversary of video games and it’s just FUNNY to me... she is petty

original.gif

5 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

He said loved you then and now wasn’t written for COCC and that shes been very into revisiting past material recently so it’s probably an older unleaked like Yosemite was 

it’s also not dealer, this tracklist and her randomly saying it was track 8 at Barnes and noble :rip: are probably not all that related 

so not jack produced most likely. unless it was reworked.

i love you, but you don't understand me.

1 minute ago, new gods said:

so not jack produced most likely. unless it was reworked.

BB will probably have some Jack involvement... like he might have started songs with Lana but another producer finished them. That’s what I think at the moment. 

Just now, lanasbottom said:

tbf those dumb twinks will believe any and everything :scoff:

I’ve seen a couple of fan accounts take BoZ’s post about RCS being a lyric from a song become that RCS was a poem or a letter because Google Translate did a shitty job. ?

It’s very possible BB will have COTCC leftovers but I really don’t think it will. The problem she faced has been that she wanted the album to sound a certain way, but it wasn’t possible because she couldn’t work with Jack. It’s possible there will be some leftovers but I feel as a whole (coming from someone who adores COTCC) this album will be truly what she wants it to be. 

"Don’t forget me"

5 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

It’s very possible BB will have COTCC leftovers but I really don’t think it will. The problem she faced has been that she wanted the album to sound a certain way, but it wasn’t possible because she couldn’t work with Jack. It’s possible there will be some leftovers but I feel as a whole (coming from someone who adores COTCC) this album will be truly what she wants it to be. 

Seconded bestie!

44 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Lol everyone is acting as if she never had any piano before working with Jack... Is This Happiness, Fine China, White Mustang, Summer Bummer and so many more all have piano, it’s just that they are supported by other layers of production. Even Cinnamon Girl has piano at its core and yet, it’s not what we remember.

i am here for piano and synths!!! :oprah:

Imagine an album of dramatic, dynamic tracks like Serene Queen...one of my Top 3 favorite unreleased/leaked cuts...

3 minutes ago, Distantly said:

Seconded bestie!

Thirded. I love COCC, but don't see the next album sounding anything like it. 

12 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

didn't she say she doesn't have any leftovers from chemtrails? i remember her saying that with all the previous works she had some sort of leftover songs to use for the next album, but she wasn't going to use any COCC reject for the next album, aka blue banisters

Spoiler

so if that's the case, someone please leak dealer

During recording every album Lana re-records some unreleased stuff and record last minute new tracks. We should expect some things like that at BB too

6 minutes ago, Yosemite said:

I can’t fully trust what BoZ says since that whole ‘LMLYLAW is an UV outtake’ shit 

Maybe she wrote LMLYLAW in UV recording time, but she didn't record that song and was in her cupboard for 6-7 years.

28 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

i think rock candy sweet is just a lyric from LYTAN, and LYTAN and Dealer are different tracks. y'all doing too much with the track 8 craziness 

Ah, it’s that time in the pre-release era where the new acronyms confuse the shit out of me 

giphy-downsized.gif

the whole "x is y's leftovers" thing is stupid af...it's still unheard material take it or leave it :crazy:

besides, I doubt BoZ has that amount of info :bebe:

Spoiler

they're calling us analboards hate it here

Capture.jpg